Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 05-19-2016, 07:15 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Demon Portal acting up

Hi everyone! My demon portal is either messed up or I don't understand how it works. I hit it every day with my guild but it keeps flashing my "Guild" button all day. I click "Guild" and it says to enter the portal. When I click that it says I have already been there today. Also, if I go to the Demon Portal from the "Dungeons" button it shows a different percentage that the monster is at. It will also let me hit it once a day even though I hit it once from the Guild page. Known issue? Thanks
Old 05-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Fidget's Griffin

There are two different portals.

One is the guild portal that your entire guild works on together. For each act defeated, everyone in the guild gets a permanent 1% bonus on your MAIN stat.

The other is the one under the dungeon tab that is a personal portal that is all yours. For each act defeated, you get 1% bonus on hit points.

As for the blinking, that was a problem previously, and it all came down to when you attacked the portal, and what time the server reset.

I play on s10. My guild button will start blinking at midnight my time, but the server doesn't reset until 3 a.m. my time. After I attack it after server reset, it stops blinking.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thank you for your reply! What I don't get is why the guild demon portal keeps telling me to enter (flash) over and over even after I enter it for the day. When I click on it it says "you already entered it today". Oh well, it sure is annoying! :P
Old 05-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Hmmmm I know it use to when it got to be about 24:00 Germany time till server reset but I thought that was fixed. So a couple questions is flash up to date, what OS are you using, what browser are you using?

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks for reply Bobo. I'm using Windows 7 64bit, Chrome 50.02 which auto updates Adobe Flash if that is what you are referring to.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Hmmmm I know it use to when it got to be about 24:00 Germany time till server reset but I thought that was fixed. So a couple questions is flash up to date, what OS are you using, what browser are you using?
Hello Bobo,

This bug was reported a long time ago.

Both Portals incorrectly acting if your timezone (actual timezone where browser with flash client is running) different with server one.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Fidget's Griffin

That's untrue,

I play on w1.

It resets at 6 p.m. my time. At midnight my time I hit the guild portal. It doesn't start flashing again until midnight the following day. If I do not attack it right at midnight my time, it will flash at me until I attack it, but not the entire time.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 05-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Truffle Shuffler

For all the disconnects for "maintenance" you'd think they'd fix this annoyance. Ah well, what can ya do?
Old 05-21-2016, 01:33 PM

Thanks maddawg yes chrome has its own flash I don't believe it uses adobes which in turn crashes less but when it does it chrashes hard. it does seem some ppl still have the flashing issue while others don't if I read what rvm and medusa are saying correctly. Only thing I can suggest is either doing a F5 and hope that fixes it or trying a different browser and see if that fixes it.

For chrome users you can also try an uninstall and reinstalling it and see if that works as well.

Oh also for chrome users I have noticed that it doesn't like to update the game version so the f5 should fix that if not the uninstall and reinstalling will. Not sure why chrome does that at least it does for me which is why I use IE. which is also another option if you can handle using IE which in my opinion is better browser option for this game.

Addition: IE tends to crash more the chrome so you may need to deal with that if you use IE. But that tends to happen if you play on more then 1 server at the same time and watch videos.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 05-22-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Ok, I'll try and uninstall then reinstall, then try IE. The F5 didn't stop the "Guild" button from flashing or the "demon portal" button to change to "see you" from "Enter guild portal?"

Thanks