Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Adventurer

Default Frenzy Issue

I'm waiting for my City Guard watch to end, so I thought I'd do some shopping so I'm set up when cash starts to become available.

I used the frenzy function to find a new epic in the Weapon shop. I liked the looks of it but couldn't buy it yet, so I went to the magic shop.
I used the frenzy function to find a new epic in the Magic shop. I don't want a luck epic right now, so I started another frenzy.
Then I wanted to check when my potions ran out, so I clicked on Character.

The screen flipped to the Weapons shop and started refreshing the items! Then it flipped BACK to the Magic shop as was refreshing items there too! I'm not sure if it was pulling 2x the mushrooms for the frenzies at that point or not. I've learned my lesson and will be careful with using Frenzy in the future. However, I'd like an opportunity to purchase that epic weapon again, given that I did perform any action that should have caused the weapon shop to refresh.

I do not have screenshots as I was not anticipating this issue.

LOST EPIC:
Demonic Sword.
Avg Damage 359
+ 329 STR/CON/LUCK

1.Description of the bug. What did you do before the bug appeared?
- Described above
2.When did the bug appear, meaning time and date?
- July 27, 2011 - approx 10:30am EST.
3.Can you reproduce the bug?
- Have not tried to recreate, as it is too costly
4.Have you made a screenshot (Print Screen)?
- No, as stated above.
5.Browser details. Include the browser type and version (for example: Mozilla 5.2.8); The version of Adobe Flashplayer (click); System details; Internet connectivity and activity; and anything else you feel pertinent to the problem.
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.122m
6.Your In-game name and the server on which the bug appeared.
In Game Name: Darstard
Server: US1

Last edited by Darstard; 07-27-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Created in incorrect section - added in formal bug report
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I'll have the developers look over the frenzy feature to see if they can recreate and squash this problem.

There's no way for Playa to reset the store to the same conditions as you saw it, even if you knew the details of every item. This is due to the way items are generated (semi-randomly). As such you can't be given the option to buy that epic manually.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Adventurer

Itz, I'm glad they're going to look into the bug, but they're going to have to be a little more creative here.

I used functionality they provided to generate that item, at a cost of close to 100 mushrooms. I understand they can't reset the shop, but I paid for something that they then took away. Here are some examples of what they could do in this scenario:
1) recreate the epic as it appears in the logs and apply it to my character after making the appropriate gold and mushroom deductions.
2) track the number of mushrooms that particular frenzy used and reimburse me that amount of mushrooms.
These are both POSSIBLE solutions, not what I'm demanding, but I am quite sure that Playa can do a lot more than give me a "tough luck" pat on the shoulder here given that they are responsible for the loss in this case. I am certain that someone at Playa games cares more about my gaming experience than your response would lead me to believe.

Last edited by Darstard; 07-27-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Added formatting for emphasis
Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Darstard, one thing you have to remember about the frenzy command, is that it applies to the shop you view when you click the "New goods 1 " button and continues until it finds an epic item. If you switch between shops while it is going, it is going to apply it to both shops, because it is refreshing the shop you look at while the command is active.

Edit

And don't expect to get the item or a refund. Just search through the forums and you will find folks claiming they have spent and found all sorts of items. Playa Games never gave them the item they requested. Such behavior would lead to complaints being generated with no truth, and would require item tracking for every item generated for every player. The same for every mushroom spent.

Last edited by Bullbound; 07-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Adventurer

I did not switch shops myself. I attempted to go from the magic shop (while allowing Frenzy shop) to the Character screen.
Your second statement implies that Playa has no responsibility for the functioning of their product, which I struggle greatly to believe. Others may not have been successful, but that does not mean that no one ever will. I can understand that at a certain point the forums are not the place to get traction on these kinds of issues though, and I'm sure I'll get a little farther with letters to Hannes (CEO) and Heinrich (North American Business Dev.). But I will give this process a little more time to unfold as I only reported the issue this morning.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Let's attempt to pinpoint what happened and see if I can recreate the bug. After restarting the frenzy search on the Magic Shop, did you allow it time to find another epic, or did you flip to the Character page while it was still frenzying? Did you click the Weapon Shop at that point, or did it seemingly randomly go there from the Character screen?

As I briefly mentioned earlier, items cannot be generated to match specific criteria. They are created on the fly randomly, yet on a sliding scale (so the random epic is worthwhile to your level). There are no logs kept of their or any item's creation or mushrooms used during frenzy (at least, not yet, for the latter).
Old 07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Adventurer

Somewhat off topic...
But, I never before heard of this frenzy feature. Nor do I see it in the shops. How does this work?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
/frenzy This will turn on or off the auto search feature for the shop. The auto search will activate when you click the "New Goods 1 " button and get new goods until an epic item is in the shop. Buying the item will start the search again, as it will trigger when ever there is no epic item in the shop
So typing /frenzy in the guild chat will turn on an auto search that when you click on the New Goods icon in the shop will cause it to automatically keep refreshing (using a mushroom every time) until it finds an epic item. Before you buy the epic however you must turn it off as buying the epic will restart the frenzy and use more mushrooms.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxem View Post
So typing /frenzy in the guild chat will turn on an auto search that when you click on the New Goods icon in the shop will cause it to automatically keep refreshing (using a mushroom every time) until it finds an epic item. Before you buy the epic however you must turn it off as buying the epic will restart the frenzy and use more mushrooms.
Ok, thank you.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Let's attempt to pinpoint what happened and see if I can recreate the bug. After restarting the frenzy search on the Magic Shop, did you allow it time to find another epic, or did you flip to the Character page while it was still frenzying? Did you click the Weapon Shop at that point, or did it seemingly randomly go there from the Character screen?

As I briefly mentioned earlier, items cannot be generated to match specific criteria. They are created on the fly randomly, yet on a sliding scale (so the random epic is worthwhile to your level). There are no logs kept of their or any item's creation or mushrooms used during frenzy (at least, not yet, for the latter).
I restarted Frenzy in the magic shop. It had not found an epic item when I clicked the Character button.
I did NOT get taken to the Character page, I was taken to the weapons shop where a Frenzy IMMEDIATELY started. I had no chance to stop it. I then stopped the frenzy in the weapons shop and then went back to the magic shop to stop the frenzy there as it was still on and flipping

Tags
bug