Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Unhappy Autojoin/participate in guild attacks

Anyone else feel like this should be an option?

I mean - when I have used up all my thirst and gotten my sorry behing kicked out of a dungeon, I check in with City Guard for some slave labour.

Usually I set it to 10 hours, so I can roll in some cashish and upgrade some stats later.

BUT that means I have/can't NOTHING else to do arround the town except in the guild. Since I don't have the time to sit arround and wait for someone to attack us or initiate an attack, I miss some battles and therefore I miss out on XP and dough..

My suggestion - put a checkbox next to the participate buttons that let's your avatar join guild battles automatically.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gleea For This Useful Post:
WebsteR (08-22-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Other than the massive bot abuse this opens the doors to, you don't need to check in all that often. The moment a guild battle or dungeon is declared, you have 10 hours to join in. Since City Guard is also 10 hours, all you have to do is login a little bit before it ends and check the guild screen.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

If there was an autojoin the active guilds would lose out on a bit of chitchat. For instance, in my guild, many of us login all at the same time when a guild battle is going to be launched. During the ensuing 15-20minutes there is a flurry of discussion as people say hi and what not.

It brings people back to the game after they've finished their daily activities. That's something Playa wants, and I, as a player, want to bond with my other guild mates. Even for a brief period.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Sometimes 10 hours is not enough, especially when you have people in the guild from all over the world. I usually log in once or twice a day and we have agreed to initiate wars and dungeon raids at given times. However, some of my officers don't really care and as a result I just missed another dungeon raid for that reason.

Maybe if you increase the join-in time this could be helpful for more people than just me.

Last edited by Danyo; 08-21-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Truffle Shuffler

this is so wrong!! if you can't enter once a day to check the status of your guild, you deserve to get your ass kicked, for instance, in my guild if we aren't online, we call/text/IM each other so that we come online, buff with potions and press that button!!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetelu View Post
this is so wrong!! if you can't enter once a day to check the status of your guild, you deserve to get your ass kicked, for instance, in my guild if we aren't online, we call/text/IM each other so that we come online, buff with potions and press that button!!
The day have 24 hours. Which basically means you may log in every day, yet easily have periods of 20+ hours between log-ins.

Like for instance I cannot play from work, and usually dont have time to log in the morning, so once I log out in the evening, it takes 18-20 hours before I log on on next evening. Until this game becomes mobile device friendly, the 10-hour period should be increased. In my personal opinion of course. You dont have to agree with me.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Danyo, what you describe is a casual gamer, one who does their thirst and then leaves. Many active players take 10 seconds to check their guild page and then go off again. This isn't meant to say you are irresponsible or anything like that, just to point out that there are methods to deal with the time constraint.

An active guild often has prescheduled fight times, when they declare an attack. This allows for the membership to know when they need to login and check the guild page. If your guild does this, and the time is bad for you, talk to your guild's leader. Sometimes they do change things around. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Adventurer

if you have an android phone, there is a free app that lets you ready up for dungeons and battles, donate gold, sign up for cityguard and read mail.

it doesnt do anything else (other than see who else is readied and such)..and you cannot respond to mail or add to stats..etc..but at least if you are in cell range, you can ensure you dont miss a battle.

maybe it isnt ideal..and since its not avail for iphone or blackberry it certaily doesnt benefit everyone..but it certainly helps plenty.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

And let's not forget that Playa is actively working on mobile apps now. Android is up first.