Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
There is new art? Other than the town square, I hadn't noticed.
Also, there's the Weapon Shop, Dungeons and Fortress

The new art with its thinner line art and more polished look is rather distinct from the old art. Makes the two look a little out of place with each other IMO.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 AM
Crusader

Now that I'm paying attention, the graphics on many if not all the quests has been updated. Much of it same basic picture, different sky, for example. Since each one of these pops up several times per day, and the underlying picture (for example, the lemonade stand in the desert) hasn't changed, I really don't see much of a benefit. They are the same quests I've now done a total of almost 50,000 times. That means that if there are 25 different backgrounds (and I don't think there are that many) I've seen each 2000 times.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:36 AM

they didn't add much new art except the city rest were just given better graphics.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I like that now I can see the prices of my items in the toilet (so I can choose the cheapest junk to dump)

But still need to get back the 'compare item' feature though...
Old 04-24-2015, 08:16 AM
Fidget's Griffin

I like the new easter egg that was added!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I like the new easter egg that was added!
I'll have to keep a look out. The only Easter Eggs I've seen have been the ones that came with the Easter-themed epics. Unless you call the mysterious purple crystals an Easter Egg.

I would like to say that at first I was not so impressed with the update, but as the bugs have been patched it has grown on me and I do see it as a significant improvement. The easier navigation in the HOF made refilling the scrapbook so much more pleasant--it was fun, rather than a chore. The countdown on the remaining arena battles giving XP saves me from having to repeatedly use the /arenaxp command every day. Storing the guild battles for later playback means no longer having to worry that a guild raid will wipe out the dungeon that it took your guild 2 months to beat 10 minutes after it happens.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I'll have to keep a look out. The only Easter Eggs I've seen have been the ones that came with the Easter-themed epics. Unless you call the mysterious purple crystals an Easter Egg.

I would like to say that at first I was not so impressed with the update, but as the bugs have been patched it has grown on me and I do see it as a significant improvement. The easier navigation in the HOF made refilling the scrapbook so much more pleasant--it was fun, rather than a chore. The countdown on the remaining arena battles giving XP saves me from having to repeatedly use the /arenaxp command every day. Storing the guild battles for later playback means no longer having to worry that a guild raid will wipe out the dungeon that it took your guild 2 months to beat 10 minutes after it happens.
I agree spiny I am not impressed either but I do like some of the things added I think it could have been added as small updates to old version instead of updating the whole game.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
That means that if there are 25 different backgrounds (and I don't think there are that many) I've seen each 2000 times.
There's exactly 21 (for the quests, there's many more if you count dungeons + tower + portal, but let's focus on the ones that we see over and over during a normal day).
Black Forest, Black Water Swamp, Busted Lands
Erogenion, Evernight Wood, Flooded Caldwell
Gnarogrim, Maerwynn, Magmaron
Moldy Forest, Nevermoor, Northrunt
Planes of Oz Korr, Rotten Lands, Shadowrock Mountain
Skull Island, Split Canyon, Sprawling Jungle
Stumble Steppe, Sunburn Desert, Tusk Mountain

I made videos of various fights in them a while back and was going to do a video compilation of me beating various monsters from all the locations, but never got around to doing the actual editing (might get around to doing it one day, though I was in the high 200s back then and here I am at lvl 367 now).

Back to the point though, I like the new art better for the most part. It's definitely more colorful. Even if I've seen the places 1000s of times, they are the locations that makes Shakes and Fidget its own unique fantasy world, and it's great to see the work the artists put into making things look better.

Last edited by BlackJet; 04-25-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added extra note about the 21 backgrounds
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackJet For This Useful Post:
Leander (04-27-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJet View Post
There's exactly 21 (for the quests, there's many more if you count dungeons + tower + portal, but let's focus on the ones that we see over and over during a normal day).
Black Forest, Black Water Swamp, Busted Lands
Erogenion, Evernight Wood, Flooded Caldwell
Gnarogrim, Maerwynn, Magmaron
Moldy Forest, Nevermoor, Northrunt
Planes of Oz Korr, Rotten Lands, Shadowrock Mountain
Skull Island, Split Canyon, Sprawling Jungle
Stumble Steppe, Sunburn Desert, Tusk Mountain
I was going to ask you where you got these names, and then I realized that the text that I ignore always includes a destination. It did not occur to me that these destinations corresponded to specific backgrounds.

(after I made my estimate I was curious and actually went back and counted the backgrounds, but came up with my own names, like "volcano" and "tentacle swamp". Yep, 21.)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I like the fact that the arena doesn't let you attack your own guild members but wish there was a way you could keep from attacking friends too. I think I lost at least one friend because of this but the game didn't really give me a choice.