Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Lightbulb Foreign language translation

Hi all! I am wondering if someone can help me with a situation. I have invited a player to join our guild and he has accepted, but apparently he doesn't speak English very well. I see that he is actively playing, because I can see his level increasing almost daily. I have sent him a couple messages in English with no response.

I tried to go to Google translate to type out a message in hope that I could translate it to Greek (I know it would be a rough translation, but it would be a start...) then copy/paste the translation into an in-game message. I figured this would at least be a semi-adequate solution. Here's the trouble - it appears that I cannot paste the Greek translation into an in-game message (I think it is something to do with the Greek characters?).

So - are there any ethnic-minded gamers out there who have any ideas for how I could break down this communication between myself and my new Greek friend? No problem if it doesn't work out...I just figured I would ask if anyone else has overcome a similar problem? I know there's probably an easy answer, I'm just having trouble coming up with it.

Thanks all!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Yeah use goggle translate and when u go to paste change language to Greek I game go to options and click the Greek flag that should work but tell him to reply in English.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Good idea! I gave it a try, and I was able to get into the Greek language mode, but I still can't paste into the in-game message window (I am actually having trouble pasting messages even in English). I have tried Ctrl+V and right clicking and choosing "Paste" but neither method works. Maybe it is a limitation of Adobe Flash or something? Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Yeah use goggle translate and when u go to paste change language to Greek I game go to options and click the Greek flag that should work but tell him to reply in English.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM

To paste in game use shift+insert.

If you ever want to copy it is control +insert.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
peanut3utter (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Wow - that ALMOST worked! I feel like I was so close. I was able to get into the greek version and compose the message, using shift+insert to paste in from GT, but when I hit send, I got an error message in greek that I could not copy/paste.

I tried entering his username in with greek and english, but neither would work. In trying to take an educated guess at what the error might be, I also cut the message down to a couple sentences.

Does S&F error on messages for improper grammar? Maybe that's it.

Oh well. I'll keep trying to send him simple messages in English. Thanks for the help, Bobo! You bagginses are a useful bunch to have around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
To paste in game use shift+insert.

If you ever want to copy it is control +insert.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 AM

I remember sitting for a guild member who played on one of the Greek servers which I sat for him there as well and they were using from my understanding a Latinized Greek. Using our alphabet in there language if u can find a translator site that can do that you should be ok and if you do find one let me know as it can come in handy.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz