Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Blacksmith

Default This is the weapon in the shop today. But should I buy it?

Hi Everybody:
This is the weapon in the shop today. It is a Piranha bow of the cutter. Damage 574-773 (~660) wich adds to All atributes + 524 but it Costs 15 Mushroom's and 3,635,115 Gold + 28 sillver

This is my Current weapon it is the Vuvuzela of death. Damages 360-944 (~652) It adds to my Dex Con And Luc + 622 I got that Bow from a dungeon 1 level and 2 days ago

I am not a real big fan of all stat weapons but in the case of a all stat bow I just don't know. Is it really better to get this bow and spend the shrooms for it or keep spending the mushrooms on 3 extra thirst per day ? what are your thoughts on this ?

Thanks
Signed
Eva the not so evil frog
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 10-31-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:11 AM

If you have the shrooms for it go for the one in the shops as it has better range and stat bonus

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-31-2012, 05:04 AM
Blacksmith

Where do you see that it is the better weapon. How do you calculate that these are the better stats. All this one does is it will give me a significantly higher boost to my intelligence and strength. While, that can be a very good thing when I am facing Mage's and warriors, it will be next to useless against other scouts. (Scouts that are already kicking my ass as it is)

This weapon may seem better, but how do you calculate the damage it will do? It will not hit any higher when you take into account how much my Dexterity will drop. I will drop 128 DEXTERITY points which means it will hit significantly lower in the total damage dealt area. Plus it means my 25% more Constitution and Dexterity potions will produce a little bit less of a dexterity & constitution bonus as well.
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 10-31-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 AM

Actually just took a second look and it is a toss up. Stick with what you have.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Wannabe Griffin

depending on your amount of shrooms "free":

option a) a toilet flush
option b) as you stated yourself a good backup weapon against other classes (especially PVP for smaller range, in dungeons for warriors it can be a good try too - less damage absorbed + evade luck )
option c) waste of a limited or remaining stock

edit:
based on your post below: assuming you're in the lvl range of 260 (aura not stated ) I would take the weapon instead of thirst, keeping in mind an update is on the way and may be you've longer fun with it if you're still < 275.
Good items without turning pages are pretty rare and 3mio shouldn't be a large problem if doing 1 or 2 gold quests.
It can serve good terms in hell (starting 12/8 no hunter opponent up to 13/6)
+ At least in lower aura levels it can be a good boost
---------
Under the line slightly in favor for my taste

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer

Last edited by Ragorth the Vengeful; 10-31-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Blacksmith

I can spend the mushrooms but it means i will go 5 days with out being able to buy extra thirst. I very very rarely have any money to buy 10 dollars more in mushrooms, so my amount of mushrooms has to be very carefully budgeted to last as long as possible.

If I am lucky I will sometimes find 3 extra mushrooms per week but sometimes I will only get that 1 guaranteed mushroom per day. So come the end of the week I will only have earned 10 mushrooms. But every once in a blue moon, I will end up with more than the normal 3 shrooms so instead of ending the week with only 10 mushrooms found I will find 5 mushrooms so I end the week with 15 mushroom in total added for thirst instead of 10 but some times I find none so I only end the week with 7 mushrooms found.

Also if I buy this weapon in the shop not only will I loose the thirst. I will lose that extra bank space that sometimes holds things like a back up potion or better armour wich changes my armour and will change other stat's for things like PVP in arena battles

This is a very tough choice to make. I need more advice and votes.. I should of set a poll to buy it or not buy it... But for now I am beat and need some sleep. So please keep replying people and help me out by adding your opinion to this thread.

Your thoughts on this matters so please leave your thoughts in print here for me to read later. I still have 14 hours to make that my choice on what to do...

To buy or not to buy is the question. The answer is about why I should buy it and the why I should not buy it reply

Last edited by Evail Frog; 10-31-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Don't buy it. Even if the stats would be slightly better, which is highly doubt, spending the shrooms on thirst and the gold on stats is an investment for the long term. The bow can only help you for a limited time, the extra stats will be there forever.

Furthermore, but that's a matter of personal preference, I like weapons that give a large spread. It gives you a slightly bigger chance to win the next dungeon. The average damage for both is almost the same.

You're right in not being a big fan of +all atribute epics. A +3 epic that drops at the same level performs better. The extra stat points for strength and intel on a +all don't compensate for the loss that you have on the other 3 attributes. That's valid for normal items and just as much or even more for bows (the mechanics are the same, just the stat values are doubled).

It would be a different story if you had received this bow 10 levels ago, but that's not the case here.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Blacksmith

After considering advice from both of you and from reviewing the basic pro's and cons of the various stat's of both weapons, I have come to the conclusion that I should not buy the weapon.

Doing 5 days of 3 extra thirst is preferable to buying this weapon. At this level I am now the bow might last me 2 months so it is not a bad weapon but I just don't think it is good enough to spend so much money on I can buy 4 prime stat's or 14 minor stat increase's for that much gold. Plus who is to say that doing that extra thirst wont find me a better weapon on a quest.

So for now I will take the thirst over the Bow