Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Board RPGs

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Cool Comical death Battle!

Comical death Battle was a game me and a friend of mine came up with.
It takes a lot of honesty from both players, especially being applied on a forum its very easy to cheat so I expect you not to do so if your playing.

game basics: each player is a fighter, you can draw a stickman on a piece of maker, paint or other drawing software and post it here...or not.

moving on - each player has 5 hp (heatlh points) [you can decide how many to make the game faster or slowlier as long has both players have the same life].
For starters each player must make a note of 3 attack weapons and 3 defences.
An example of attack weapons: Rocket launcher, Bug swarm.
An example of defence : Titanium wall, teleportation, dig a hole and hide

your imagination is the limit here, as long as you don't make any invincible weapons and defences its all valid

Game rounds: you randomly decide wich player will start the game. That player choses one of his attacks and the oponent one of his defenses. Then they must say them and the one of them may loose 1 hp

example: You attack with fiery arrows and the op defends with turtle shell. The attack his defended and noone looses life.
another one: you attack with bug swarm and the op. defends with turtle shell, the bugs can enter the shell and hit the op. so you win, the op looses one life.

this goes on untill one of the players has no more life, wich means the other one has won!

Ps: I was thinking about having a juri for the game, one who would receive pm's or emails from both players knowing both their weapons and serving as a judge deciding wich attacks hit and miss and declaring the winner.

PPs: only 2 players can fight at each time...although if correctly coordinated we may have a free for all or even a 2 on 2...but let's consider that later.
Also, this thread may need to be edited and cleaned in other to be viewable...

PPPs: I can offer has a judge for the first fights, you can email me stuff and I'll reply the defender's choice and etc... in the end I would simply publish here the report with you'r choices and calling the winner

Last edited by Thaenor; 02-25-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Mushroom Collector

Sounds like fun, but I certainly agree that someone would have to be a judge, otherwise someone would say that their force field covers them with an entire sphere has a solid angle of 4 pi steradians (Just googled what degree a sphere has since a circle is 360. Apparently 4 pi steradians is the answer. Dunno what that means though)

A judge might say that the force field would only cover 360x180 degrees (Half circle, a dome covering you but not underneath you) since the field isnt affecting the ground, or if it pushed the ground out of the way, you would continuously fall deeper and deeper into the ground like a drill till you reach the center of the earth.

So something that affects the ground you stand on, say something that might destroy the ground or make an earth quake would work. This is all assuming that there is someone who will be able to say No you cant do that because...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Skype™ to Justin Ninja

I would like to play, Anybody want to challenge me?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Mushroom Collector

I'll add just one suggestion to this so that no 3rd party jury needs to be involved and we can hold the matches on our own. Obviously part of the fun is in naming our abilities, but I think a set point system would help us greatly.

For instance, you have 3 attacks, 3 defenses. 1 of your attacks are worth 3 points, another 2, and the last is 1. Same with defenses. This way you cant have all 6 be worth 3 points and you have to strategically place what you use in comparison to the enemies defense. I'll give a small example battle:

Turn 1
Player 1 uses Atk3. Player 2 uses Def 2. Player 2 loses 1 hp.
Player 2 uses Atk1. Player 1 uses Def 1. Player 1 loses 0 hp.
Player 1 uses Atk2. Player 2 uses Def 3. Player 2 catches his breath, gaining 1 hp.

You cannot use Atk 3 each time, you must use one of each attack and defense per turn till all are used. This forces you to think on your feet, attack and counter.

Another option is instead of gaining 1 hp when you have a higher def then their atk, it will allow you to use an atk that is however many increments higher then what they used. So if Player 1 uses Atk1 and you use Def3, that is a difference of 2 points in your favor, so that would give you the ability to use Atk3 again in this turn, even if you already used it. If Player 1 had used Atk2 instead of 1, it would be a difference of 1 point, allowing you to use Atk2 again this turn. Either way forces you to learn to attack and counter.

The only other thing I'd add is that the HP be 10 points so if Player 1 uses Atk3 and Player 2 uses Def1, Player 2 loses 2 hp instead of only 1 for the loss. The 10 starting hp would make it a bit of a better game.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Wannabe Griffin

I don't know... That takes ALL the fun out of the game don't ya think?? I mean the point of the game is to use your imagination, not to do MATH! So I say the original idea is the best suggestion out of the two shown in this thread. And my offer is still up to play somebody in the ORIGINAL idea for this game.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Mushroom Collector

It doesnt take the fun out of it, it turns it into a game. Every game has math involved. Shakes and Fidget has tons of math involved. This game is just a complex version of rock paper scissors.

Without a point system, then we will NEED a judge because there WILL be fights about if the weapon is stronger then the defense. Both sides will want to win.

"I want a word with your boss..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Okay, I don't want to play a game where you say "I deal 3 damage" and the opponent says, I block with 2 oh you got me..."

I want to play with my own invintive ideas, I've even came up with a few and if there has to be a judge .. SO BE IT I'd rather have a judge for a fun game than a numbers game.

What I was trying to say in my last post wasn't "I don't wanna do math" it was I want to play with my own moves. Having the game being Commical as it should be, not boring numbers only.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

How can you say you dont want to play a game that is, as you say, I deal 3 damage, you block 2 damage. Have you played Shakes and Fidget? Have you EVER done a quest or fought? Because what you are complaining about not wanting to do is exactly what you do every time you play any rpg game, any fighting game, any game that has a fight or battle or attack system ever. Hell even PONG is based off of those rules. Getting past the other person wins a point and properly blocking it denies it.

I get what you are trying to say, you dont want a system to tell you what your abilities you can use or what they will do, you want to be able to decide that all on your own.... Then have a judge tell you if how you saw your own idea works the way you thought it did. He may say that your tactical nuke strike failed against him being 2 feet away since you wouldnt kill yourself or that you both die. Thats not how you would see your attack going at all, and then the next round he attacks with a plasma drill and you defended with a bunker. Judge will tell ya sorry, since you didnt enact any force shielding, his plasma drill went through it like melted butter.

So where is the fun in a game when you rely on someone else to tell you if your attack works or not? At least using numbers YOU can decide what works best and what doesnt work as well as the others, so unless you wanted all of your abilities to be super powered, and the idea of possibly being able to block it annoys you, then perhaps you should rethink what your sort of Game is. My suggestion for you would be Sims, that way you can do whatever you want and not have to worry about outside influences distorting or changing how you wanted to play.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Okay so S & F is way different, because in S & F you can upgrade stats and join guilds, and challenge dungeons, you even get to pick a weapon if it shows up. And yes the judge saying that my attack is foiled is EXACTLY what I wanted.

And I think it will still be fun having the judge tell you what happened between the attack and the defense. Why would you want to be ALL POWERFUL? The main point of this game is to decide what you want to do and see what happens.

Maybe your defense blocks two of the opposing attacks but only one of your other defenses blocks a certain attack.

It is NOT like rock paper scissors it is complete randomness, AS IT SHOULD BE.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Mushroom Collector

Its hardly way different. The ability to additionally join guilds and upgrade stats (Weapons and armor do count as stat changes when fighting. Fancy clothes dont make you stronger, their stats do), and yes, even challenging dungeons, it all comes down to you attacking, and based on their defense and your rate of critical attack you will hurt them a lot or a very minute amount. Same basic concept as Player 1 attack 3, Player 2 defense 2. Anyway you want to spin it, its the exact same thing only on a larger scale.

As for this "game" I don't consider role play to be a game. A game has stats, things you can and can't do. In role play if you want to be a tentacle monster from pokemon doing hydropump or whatever they use, you can feel free to do it, but that is still just a role play, and not a game.

When ever there is a game that judges your attack versus their defense, without the other person knowing what you will use till its put down, what else would you call it? Rock paper scissors isnt a predetermined game, I cant tell who will win between 2 people playing rock paper scissors, its a game of chance and reading the opponent, thinking he will make this move, so you should make this move. Spin it however you like, unless it is a turn based game, then its at its core, rock paper scissors.

And now, I am done fighting with you over how role play counts as a game, and that any game that makes you use math cant be fun, even though every single video game ever, yes EVER, invented uses math in one form or another, whether its a random number generator, or a score board, or stats, anyone on this forum will tell you that if you think that S&F is not a mathmatically based game, where the numbers do matter, and you can, on a very good consistancy tell who will win a fight between two players by checkinging their page through the hall of fame, viewing your stats as well as the opponent, that you are sadly mistaken.

So I am sorry that counting from 1-3 is annoying or to difficult, but its the most basic and simplified way to let two people play against each other without involving more members and let them be the deciding force in your game.

This is a game that, I'd honestly thought was interesting enough to try out if anyone else wanted to, but I am not interested in role play. Thats why I play a game, so I don't have to wade through the supposedly creative bs that everyone thinks is genius. Say whatever you want now, there wont be anyone else viewing to see your concerns. I picked this thread up from obscurity since the original poster hasnt seen fit to continue and this board isnt used very much at all except to those that have subscribed to the other threads like the hangman one or the alphabet games. All people will see, if they even look at this, is that the game was posted 5 months ago, was picked up last month, and the only thing that came of it was an argument about how a game involving numbers 1-3 was to difficult for the only other player who might have been interested in it in the 5 months since its been up. I used facts to prove I am right and disprove you, you had nothing accept an intolerable annoyance and naive look at how the games everyone here plays daily are actually played. Good luck on keeping this thread up. Only person that was here to play, someone who got it up before you, left because of you. So, if you want to continue the little argument you'll have to message me about it, not really feel like staying subscribed to the babysitter board.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]