Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Board RPGs

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Dummy

Send a message via MSN to Kraeth Neshrik Send a message via Yahoo to Kraeth Neshrik
Question Does D&D count?

I've never played it before, myself, but I've heard good things and a lot of bad things about it, Anyone who's ever played it feel free to begin whenever, Also bare in mind that this is a satirical rp, you can play as whatever/whoever you want, and can basically do whatever fuels your interest; as long as it conforms to the basic rules of D&D, also no god modding and such, you know the drill (hopefully you do).

hehe, xD

EDIT: I'm obviously talking about an RPG style of version, not like the actual board game IRL. xD

Edit2: oh, and make a character sheet like you would in an actual D&D game.

Last edited by Kraeth Neshrik; 04-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Adventurer

...sorry. I couldn't resist.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here

Last edited by Kaidah; 04-25-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Adventurer

I didn't do much of it, just enough to know that the quality of your D&D experience depends almost entirely on the quality of your DM, and a bit on your fellow players.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Dummy

Send a message via MSN to Kraeth Neshrik Send a message via Yahoo to Kraeth Neshrik

Well, it's not too difficult to look up the rules and such online. o.o
Old 05-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Dummy

DnD 3.5 is available through the Open Game License and can be found readily...

4e is a bit more troublesome to find online because it has a different license.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Mushroom Collector

Wink

Been interested in starting some table top games, Warhammer 40k used to interest me, until I started trying to play it. D&D seems more fun to me, though I may give 40k another chance.

Anyone know of some other tabletop rpgs? The WoW one looks decent.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Sheep

I have played a number of them. Most of the ones mentioned above, Call of Cthulhu, Witchcraft, HERO. I believe it was well stated above that the experience depends on the DM and the players, even more than the system used.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Dummy

I've been playing tabletop rps since I could read. D&D is the most common and is really good if you have the right DM and group of players. It's really got the heroic fantasy nailed down, although I liked Earthdawn too. Speaking of FASA Shadowrun was fun but required way too many six sided die. For a more realistic, and versatile system I would recommend GURPS. There are also lots of genre specific ones that are fun. White wolf has the horror thing down well. Toons and Og are great satirical ones, but you have to have a silly group for those to work well.

Ok I'll admit it I've played far to many tabletop rpgs.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Dummy

there's alot of stuff-i'm an old skewlah,i'd say go for sum free stuff like osric,
basically a redo of original dnd rules[my fav,but i'm 40...]
hackmaster has a great parody feel,but crazy on "rule lawyers" style[another redo of original]
u might like sumtin more "rules lite",i'd say go for a pdf called "iron gauntlets"
if chosing a new dnd,i say 3.5 is "ok"-kinda weak,but sorta easy,and lots of cool campaign settings-should find lots of free stuff,too-not familiar w/4.0

that bein said-it seems obvious to me that the creators of s&f were really into old skelw,gary gygax dnd--wish ring,figurin out that wand,ect-plus,i instantly loved it[tho i can't read german]cuz it totally reminds me ov another great strip in the old "dragon" magizine called "wormy"[used an 8ball for the "o"]
well,hoped that mighta helped
Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I've been playing D&D for over 20 years now, starting around the age of 5-6. I own 2nd ed Books as well as 3.0, 3.5 and 4e. So if anything is needed to try to make it over to this setting, I would be happy to help. Or just help in general, as for character sheets which i saw in the initial post, I can provide them for few gaming systems.