Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Dummy

Wow Bluedude, you have put it pretty much exactly as I see it too, but from the reverse perspective, as I am a scout on S1. I typically stay away from the warriors and mages, and try to only fight scouts.
I'm loaded up on Dex, with Cons not far behind.
Base numbers, 660 Dex, 521 Cons, 431 Luck. the rest don't matter tbh.
It helps me fight in the arena very well against much higher level players on S1.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Sheep

Send a message via AIM to Dereks Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AptPupil View Post
Wow Bluedude, you have put it pretty much exactly as I see it too, but from the reverse perspective, as I am a scout on S1. I typically stay away from the warriors and mages, and try to only fight scouts.
I'm loaded up on Dex, with Cons not far behind.
Base numbers, 660 Dex, 521 Cons, 431 Luck. the rest don't matter tbh.
It helps me fight in the arena very well against much higher level players on S1.

That explains why you keep farming me AptPupil! Lol, you're the only one i see in my mailbox

S2 Name: PantyChrist
S2 Guild: ChristPunchers (Officer)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Dummy

LOL!
Um yeah! you're one of the few at MY level that gives a good fight. I've beat scouts 16 levels higher than me and YOU give me 50% chance of a loss. I like fighting you...what else can I say?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Sheep

Send a message via AIM to Dereks Dead

It's all good bud...our ranking are very close so we're gonna come up in arena more often... Competition makes the game fun so keep up the good work! Sucks that our 2 guilds don't wanna get along

-Derek

S2 Name: PantyChrist
S2 Guild: ChristPunchers (Officer)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Adventurer

I'm a level 61. My stats:

STR: 303
DEX: 1371
INT: 303
CON: 607
LUCK: 422

So it's pretty obvious that I've jacked up on damage...and the fact that I have a pretty kickin' bow means I can do more damage than anyone my level, and can often beat scouts that are above me. While my con might not seem high, it's 150k HP without potions. I've got a couple "stocked up" so when we're in a guild war, I can jack it as high as 180k with no extra gold. I've ignored luck almost as much as my other 2 stats.

I like damage-hit point builds. I find them successful, no matter what class you're in. Sure, luck can be lovely. But honestly I think it's crap. If you've got a lot of HP for your class, no matter what kind of luck your opponent has, they're not going to defeat you. Because chances are they also have mediocre damage for their level since they've been putting so much gold into luck.

My 2
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Dummy

yeah, you are right on the cons cashew. i'm losing to players that have considerably higher HP than I do. Now with my dex higher than those from higher levels, i'll be spending a bigger % of my gold earnings on cons so i can do a little better against those pesky mages. they seem to find a way to beat me almost everytime with their darned high luck % which imo is operating on a different algorithm than my luck % as a scout. lol. they hit me with crit like 75% of their turns. things smell fishy in here. lol.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Blacksmith

hi i am a level 9 scout and my stats are:
Strength: 34
Dexterity: 70
Intelligence: 35
Constitution: 60
Luck: 51
i was wondering if theses were any good. please reply!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardjumper33 View Post
hi i am a level 9 scout and my stats are:
Strength: 34
Dexterity: 70
Intelligence: 35
Constitution: 60
Luck: 51
i was wondering if theses were any good. please reply!
Ratio looks about right. If you want to know if they are any good, there are three basic criteria.

1) Can you complete tavern quests?
2) Can you beat your dungeon monster(s)?
3) Can you click the arena button and win most of the time against even opponents?

If the answer to all these questions is yes, then yes, those stats are good. If the answer to (1) is no, you're in trouble. If the answer to (1) is yes but (2) is no, you can use more work. If the answer to (1) and (2) is yes, but (3) is no, then understand that this game is competitive and moar stats = moar better.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Stable Boy

Nice read, Thanks guys.... I will be using all of this to further my knowledge in the game.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Warrior's perspective:

I hate scouts with high HP because that means a longer battle. A longer battle means even if the scout isn't totally raping me with lucky evades, I have to land more hits with my paltry warrior damage, which is unreliable in critting. TBH, I don't even look at scout damage because 50% armor mitigation, 25% block mitigation, and relatively high Dex (don't skimp too much on defense stats, they make a difference eventually) means that it won't hurt very hard anyway. It's a matter of countdown for the scout, but a matter of luck for the warrior. If I can only kill a scout in even rounds, what is the likelihood they won't evade just one of those rounds to edge me out? I'm sure dex is important, but Con scares the bejeezis out of me.

Also, I believe that a high con scout essentially exploits the warrior's advantage against the mage, and with higher damage than warriors, this means a better chance to beat mages.
Reading your post and looking at your avatar, made me wonder if you needed a hanky!! Just kidding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spikednal For This Useful Post:
Con Mage (10-29-2010)