Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Yeah, only about 3 give my dex a boost.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Great info in this thread . . . I'm sure I made some noob mistakes. My current stats for level 8 are (not including bonuses from equipment):

Strength - 44
Dexterity - 52
Intelligence - 40
Constitution - 42
Luck - 33

Using the rule of Constitution = 80% of Dex and Luck = 50% of Dex, my build actually looks ok, though I could have put put less into str/int and more into Dex to boost the ratios. I'll have to start throwing all my points into that.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Adventurer

@ Lancious, and others that might make this mistake.
Don't look at the actual stats, rather look at the gold value.

For example, it can cost you 500k to up only one main stat, while for the same 500k you might up 20 defensive stats. (The defensive stat might be half your main, but cost wise it's only 1/20th of your main)

Con as well. You could say you'll go 80% of your main stat. But cost wise it might be worth it to go higher.
Right now, I have 2k dex, cost, 640k for a point. Following the 80% rule I'd have 1600 con. I'm at 1820 con now, with points costing 390k, which in turn is just 60% of the gold cost of a dex point.

Of course you have to consider your own ratio, but base it upon gold costs rather than total stat.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

It's safe to ignore the tertiary stats for awhile, but they become important to beat dungeons and raids and be more effective in PvP, guild or 1v1. I've spammed them many-a-times to overcome a dungeon boss.

PS A tertiary stat - aka defensive - would be intellect or strength for a scout.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizari View Post
@ Lancious, and others that might make this mistake.
Don't look at the actual stats, rather look at the gold value.

For example, it can cost you 500k to up only one main stat, while for the same 500k you might up 20 defensive stats. (The defensive stat might be half your main, but cost wise it's only 1/20th of your main)

Con as well. You could say you'll go 80% of your main stat. But cost wise it might be worth it to go higher.
Right now, I have 2k dex, cost, 640k for a point. Following the 80% rule I'd have 1600 con. I'm at 1820 con now, with points costing 390k, which in turn is just 60% of the gold cost of a dex point.

Of course you have to consider your own ratio, but base it upon gold costs rather than total stat.
I'm not clear on what you're trying to state, Vizari. You indicate there's a difference, and using gold as a metric is better, but not how to use it. Are you, for example, going to continue building until your gold value of CON is 80% of your gold value of DEX, or is 60% good? If so, what should Lancious use as his template for point ratios based on a gold standard?

I'm not attacking your idea, just trying to flush out a full answer.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Adventurer

Darstard, I meant to say that everyone uses their own ratio.
Personally, I use 60% gold value of Dex for my Con. But I've seen others prefer a lower or higher ratio.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Mushroom Collector

I personally set it as my secondary stats should be at 50% of the buy value of my primary (dex+con) with the 2 primary at an aproximatly equal lvl of gold value.. i also look for gear to fill the primary (dex) to push the numeric value of that stat higher than the secondary (con)..

or to put it simply

if my dex had a 1000 gold next stat buy (primary)
then con will have 1000 gold next stat buy (secondary)
all other stats would be around a 500 gold buy (tertiary)

this seems to balance defense from other classes fairly well
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Interesting to read more on this. I seem to be winning the majority of my arena matches so I must be doing something right. Also I am going through the dungeons pretty good.

I'm at level 21 now and my stats are as follows:

Strength - 124
Dexterity - 282
Intelligence - 137
Constitution - 245
Luck - 133

That's all with equipment though, without it my stats are following the 80% for Con and 50% for Luck plan. I guess as I get up in level Strength/Dex would be good to keep tabs on and I might adopt the gold value strategy.