Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default the state of high level guilds

Hello everyone who still bother to come on the forums,

I'm angelkilk from s6 and i would just like to ask a question in general for other servers. On my server, my guild has suffered its second attack from a person who I can only assume is so desperate for first, that they hack accounts and kick everyone from our guild. While for the most part, it's pretty irrelevant since being the #1 guild, all the members will eventually rejoin, I'm wondering if other servers encounter this problem. Now before anyone goes on about passwords, not handing them out, using actual good ones and etc., my issue is people care enough to ruin the game for others. It saddens me that a game I used to really enjoy is in such a state. I'm all for competition, but when people reach such a low point, it's just sad. /endrant

Tl;Dr: my guild suffers from people who try their best to ruin us, and just wondering if other servers suffer from this behavior.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKilk View Post
Hello everyone who still bother to come on the forums,

I'm angelkilk from s6 and i would just like to ask a question in general for other servers. On my server, my guild has suffered its second attack from a person who I can only assume is so desperate for first, that they hack accounts and kick everyone from our guild. While for the most part, it's pretty irrelevant since being the #1 guild, all the members will eventually rejoin, I'm wondering if other servers encounter this problem. Now before anyone goes on about passwords, not handing them out, using actual good ones and etc., my issue is people care enough to ruin the game for others. It saddens me that a game I used to really enjoy is in such a state. I'm all for competition, but when people reach such a low point, it's just sad. /endrant

Tl;Dr: my guild suffers from people who try their best to ruin us, and just wondering if other servers suffer from this behavior.
Sorry to hear that your guild was hi from within a second time even though you say don't talk about passwords etc that is what has to be said. Don't hand them out make them strong enough that makes it harder to be hacked.

Other ways to help stop the issue is either 1 make all guild members officers or make non officers I have done both it helps a lot as unless the guild leader gets hacked no one can be kicked from the guild.

I have heard of this happening to other guilds but never twice to the same guild so seems someone really likes messing with you. That being said has the problem been reported so that it can be looked into to 1 see if same ip was used in both attacks and 2 if it was or not see if support can find the player that did it and get them banned.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Truffle Shuffler

my problem isn't about preventing it. I just purely interested in knowing if other servers top guilds are plagued with this.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Blacksmith

This happened in s9 before, around 6 months after the server started. The top guild at the time was messed up by some officer and the entire guild were kicked out. After that the old members scattered around and formed a new guild, but they couldn't bring back the glory of the old guild which eventually lead to many of them quit the game and that guild is now nothing but just a name from the past.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKilk View Post
my problem isn't about preventing it. I just purely interested in knowing if other servers top guilds are plagued with this.
I understand that you are wondering if it has happened to top guilds before. As godevil said it has happened on s9 other then that I don't know of any other top 10 guild this has happened to before let alone twice. Since it has happened twice to you guys there needs to be things looked into either changing passwords and or how many officers you have.

I highly suggest passing this chat command to everyone in your guild: /pwdscore displays if you password is secure.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
godevil (09-14-2014), iTZKooPA (09-15-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Blacksmith

what does it mean by a secure password, does it mean that there's only one IP linked to that password?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Truffle Shuffler

i imagine it just means the password is strong. And like i said, i know the fault of it happening lies on top of those with weak passwords. And we have discussed it many times. I imagine more often than not though, the reason they get the password is through sitters or through other players rather than actually brute forcing it.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Truffle Shuffler

This is ridiculous. Twice, a top guild gets hacked and torn apart and absolutely Nothing is done to make things right. We miss exp from fights we can't join, portals that regenerate, daily quest exp from accounts that get hacked, blocked, etc. One player lost All equipment, earned shrooms and pots.. wth?? I pay for this? Seriously? So some clown with an evil streak can have a private laugh?? Riiiii-diculous.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-15-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Bans and temporary locks are routinely levied against players for various infractions. The policy of Playa Games is not to talk about such actions publically, only privately to the account owner. As bobo stated earlier, account security truly starts with the players through strong passwords and not having people sitting (or, immediately changing the password after it has been sat). Also, if you play from a public computer or a shared computer be sure to hit the Logout button after each session. In addition, limiting officer membership to only a trusted few increases security.

While this does impact the highest level of player, thus the most competitive, hacking allegations and shenanigans stemming from them, are highly limited. I understand that fact doesn't limit the damage when they happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (09-15-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

So the offender gets punished privately, and we take the hit publicly? Surely you can do something to make things right for the near 50 people this action affected..