Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default Tabs Freezing

Okay, I use Windows 8.1 and Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Husband is using the same thing)

Last week my husband started having issues with the tabs freezing while he was playing.

He plays on 6 servers, so he had 6 tabs open. He would be playing, then switch between tabs, and SOME of the tabs would freeze and he would have to refresh, but not all of them.

I was playing on my laptop and not having any issues. I had not turned off my browser or my laptop in a few weeks - I generally just put my laptop to sleep.

Today I did a reboot, and now I am having the same issues he is having.

Is anyone else who is playing on multiple servers, at the same time, having tabs freeze where you have to refresh the tab to get it running again?

I am using flash because HTML5 is a mess for me.

Everything is fully updated, so it isn't that.

BTW - it only happens in the game. I can be surfing other sites and using multiple tabs, but none of those freeze, so it is something to do with the game.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 07-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Oh thank god it isn't just me been going on since after birthday event. it has been driving me nuts.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Bobo, as you and I are currently discussing on s10 ...

It seems to be a Chrome/Flash combo thing.

I stayed on Chrome, but switched to HTML5 and it is not freezing.

**HTML5 is so, so bad. I understand it's in BETA, but it's painful. It has slowed my computer down so much I'm going to have to do another reboot after I'm done playing. I might need to switch browsers in order to play or just not play until the FLASH issue is fixed. This is ridiculous!

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 07-07-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Community Manager

Flash has been the problem for years. It freezes the browers every day but it is not Playa's fault. Other Flash content does freeze tabs too, even in popular Facebook games with difficult levels...you struggle for months to beat a level, then you finally do but Flash freezes.

Flash is to blame here. It is old and outdates and all companies including us jump off the dying Flash code and convert their content to something else (HTML5 etc.).

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Blacksmith

I've had similar problem for a while.
Little workaround for this is to open new chrome window, instead of new tab.
It doesn't freeze then.
The Following User Says Thank You to goku For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Flash has been the problem for years. It freezes the browers every day but it is not Playa's fault. Other Flash content does freeze tabs too, even in popular Facebook games with difficult levels...you struggle for months to beat a level, then you finally do but Flash freezes.

Flash is to blame here. It is old and outdates and all companies including us jump off the dying Flash code and convert their content to something else (HTML5 etc.).
Leander,

I swear before the birthday event, I had not ONE problem. I mean, yeah, the whole browser would freeze once in a great while and I came to expect that, but this is just one TAB at a time, not the entire browser.

I would have 5 tabs open - 4 servers and one for whatever. One server tab would freeze but the other 3 were fine. I would refresh the frozen tab, continue playing, and then another one would freeze, etc. The rest of the tabs would continue on their merry way working just fine.

This is something new, not the expected browser freeze, and it doesn't happen in FireFox nor IE. We tested it last night.

Maybe it's a Chrome update, but it is certainly something new.

As for Flash being old and slow - after using HTML5 last night - 3 servers at the same time and it draining every last bit of my RAM (and I have 16 G of RAM) - Flash and freezing is going to be the way I'm going to have to go. HTML5 killed my system last night, and I have a fairly powerful laptop.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Taking a page from Bobo

Have you tried rebooting and clearing your cache?

The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 08:41 PM

as medusa said we pretty much tried everything I have even tried my old go to refresh and reboot. For me it started after the birthday event. Also it only happens in chrome and only on tabs playing s+f . I know medusa has a decent laptop so if html5 is draining her system it will do the same to mine. Sorry but I refuse to spend 1k plus for a laptop just to play a game.

Could it b an issue with flash maybe.
Could it b an issue with chrome maybe.
Could it be an issue with some in game from changing from birthday event and then back to normal maybe.

which one who knows.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Taking a page from Bobo

Have you tried rebooting and clearing your cache?

HAHAHAH yeah, tried that - then again, that's what STARTED it, because before I rebooted, I wasn't having the problem, but my husband WAS. Once I rebooted my laptop, then the stupid freezing started!

And just to mention, others are contacting me about this as well. It JUST started. Something changed in the game/Chrome/Flash.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Wannabe Griffin

jUST FOR HAPPENSTANCE..
iM AN OLD COMPUTER USER, AND BEEN AROUND BEFORE even THE aTARI/ACTIVISION lAWSUITS.. If you dont know that lawsuit, look it up.

MS has been trying for YEARS to close their system..They even created their OWN Java, and TRIED to do the same with Adobe(adobe Scared them off)..
HTML5, is going to be a BUNCh of BS, based on 1 idea...TRACKING everything you do..
Adobe added (a couple years back) tracking data to the program. MS did the same with Their Audio program, years ago..AND part of the reason Windows media player LOOKS UP ALL the info/data on your music..

The Big corps, for the movie and music industry have been Bitching for YEARS about HOW to track who has what..
HTML5, is going to have So much crap in it, from DRM tracking to monitoring everything we do.. The funny part of all this, is IF' you really want HTML5, and a Browser that uses it..
ADOBE has gotten to big. for all the Crap in it. It used to be LIKE a driver..NOW its a FULL BLOWN program sitting on your system, Running in the background, and/or Every time you jump on the internet.

Chrome has a few problems and gets ABIT confused. It loads up Background tasks for Each of the Scripts/Java/HTML5/Flash it is trying to run..WHICH isnt bad, until it gets COMPLICATED.. I like Chrome, But I use Firefox for Protection I install. I can see Everything happening, and restrict anything I want. and I dont think FF is dealing with HTML5 yet..and I dont mind..its like PEOPLE that Play Alpha games and give a review,,,ITS STUPID, its not finalized or Stable,,
Browser have to be EMULATORS..They have to deal with7+ different Internet languages and make Sense of it..Chrome, FF, IE, every browser shows the same Site, differently..
MS is closing their OS..win10 is another step in that direction, and Win10(s) is another..you can only Purchase and install from the MS STORE..
The OS on All the windows products from phones/tablets/Computer/Console, they are TRYING to integrate into an OS that 1 driver works on ALL..Anyone making a program or game for Windows, will have to GO THRU MS..

THIS is MS windows..and every time I have a problem it tends to be AFTER an update from MS. And its getting REAL stupid. Things work Great, then they start to Fail, and the Program has to FIX something MS, Broke.. Win 7 has Gadgets(which got infected), Win 8 had OTHER gadgets not compatible, and MS couldnt MAKE ANY, for some reason, and Even win10 has APPS..WHY? I dont know, but Those apps, dont even compare with ANY other system of Apps, from Android to Apple..I like things to Monitor my system, to CATCH problems BEFORE they get bad. MS store has none.

Just keep watching, and tell me when Jumping to LINUX would be better then Staying with Windows..