Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 AM

Well it sounds like they are adding more things to the update and besides I would rather have it late and working right then on time and full of bugs.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Crusader

what was it they said on Facebook in the beginning of September? "weeks, not months?"

Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Yes I see that and if you look 2 days later we had an update they have said nothing about the one we are now waiting for only place I have seen or heard about it being dicussed is the German forum.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Yes I see that and if you look 2 days later we had an update they have said nothing about the one we are now waiting for only place I have seen or heard about it being dicussed is the German forum.
That is the problem of the lacking information flow Hamburg -> Com. Managers.

Around 3rd birthday in the chat, not in forum: from officials: "an update was planned for the birthday" ... 1st part end of August "item compare"

In between in the bloodgame forum: The officials declare - Playa working on a new game (see chat or unwanted commercial mail for non S&F related content) + nearly the whole team was at gamescon or something else in germany including preparation etc.

------
Conclusion without details: the dev team is extremly small and assigned to too many projects as they can handle. Moneytalk knowing what was earned 2011 (public available in registers for companies as required by law) and seeing the rough distribution players/game = S&F gets too little for its input

That it is still unclear what the mirror and "more" is feels like the carrot infront of the mule - you'll get "something" (1:0 mule, knows what he gets ) when it is done, even if the plan should say:
"we are working on feature x, this is ... - we're are terrible sorry for delays based on unlucky combinations of illness, vacation and new family members for some staff members that put us behind the time plan. As "compensation" we're adding y, a feature that is ... and requesting more patience for approx. N months including the beta testing"

Overdue is stlll a kind word for something that was requested since 2010 and asked for ideas from the community 2011 (I don't know the reason why this was german only )

Funny things you see in this context if you're looking for Highrollers commenting - so much negative feedback even if they were the ones that kept the game running.
Best example cited by mind:
Chainbo (50K on single account, total value of public visible shrooms in videos ~ 3500 Euro): I would guess I financed already 1 of your paychecks
Official response: Glad you know what I'm earning in sarcastic manor.
-----
I see it this way: I don't know what you're earning, but for this sentence I know what you're deserving

It is difficult to look at the forum active community in the right way:
80% contributing little or nothing to the income, but having strong wishes (free, less favoring of shroomers and cheering for every little thing)
20% contributing regular or much and having clearly different wishes (content for ongoing, balancing, warning for effects of designs (yes pre D13 release), benefits for the paying/long time paying (like cheaper after Level 300))
--------
20% getting overvoiced - yes
getting ingnored - sadly too often
getting finally something - we'll see, for many too late already

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The new game mentioned above was fully revealed yesterday, Krakout HD. It's been available in the app stores for iOS and Android devices for a few weeks, but Playa continued development after release for some added polish. It costs $0.99 (depending on the store/region). There will be more information on the game in the news section shortly.

The mention of mere "weeks" was true, at the time, but game development can be finicky. That being said, the patch was largely delayed because the main beta tester was on holiday when it was ready for testing. Playa is a small independent studio and juggles its development between a few games for portfolio diversification, but the content is coming.

As for your last point, balancing the wants and needs of paying players versus free players tends to be the largest challenge for these types of games. Playa has done well in balance, but needs to speed up content creation.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Blacksmith

Krakout? Hmm, looks like yet another version of a game which is massively available for free in any of the platform stores. I wish them luck with that one, they might need it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The new game mentioned above was fully revealed yesterday, Krakout HD. It's been available in the app stores for iOS and Android devices for a few weeks, but Playa continued development after release for some added polish. It costs $0.99 (depending on the store/region). There will be more information on the game in the news section shortly.
I'm sure this had nothing to do with the delay in the S&F patch

Quote:
The mention of mere "weeks" was true, at the time,
They voted for it before they voted against it...
Quote:
but game development can be finicky. That being said, the patch was largely delayed because the main beta tester was on holiday when it was ready for testing.the dog ate their homework
Quote:
Playa is a small independent studio and juggles its development between a few games for portfolio diversification, but the content is coming.
Just like the trophy room in Soccerstar...

Heck, I've only been here for 6 months, so I haven't hit the heavy quicksand yet. I can still level in 3 days and upgrade the toilet in a month. But I understand the frustration of the people who have slowed to a crawl. Why the developers waste their time on things like the "compare" feature is beyond me. Of all the pending requests in the "suggestions" list, how did that float to the top?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The mention of mere "weeks" was true, at the time, but game development can be finicky. That being said, the patch was largely delayed because the main beta tester was on holiday when it was ready for testing. Playa is a small independent studio and juggles its development between a few games for portfolio diversification, but the content is coming.
Your bets on....
Patch Note VS something coming soon ???
Public Test VS internal testing ???

You can save a lot of players using these two simple things
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillikurd View Post
I mean, did this birth really come as a surprise? The father thought "well the baby is due for october, but we're a few months late usually too and I guess it will run in the family"?

hahahaha omg i laughed so hard on this

seriously now, supporting the delay on one person's baby birth is showing how immature and "small" company playa is... they should have said nothing instead, it would at least hide the fact that this company is consisted of 3-4 people...
Born: 15/9/10

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 10-24-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Mushroom Collector

They bring out a version of breakout over 30 years after the original was released? I'm not holding my breath for the S&F patch
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazylegs For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (10-24-2012)