Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Crusader

Default Lamentations of a midlevel guild

We are the daywasters, a midlevel guild on server 1, currently ranked in the mid-60's (66 or so). We have a core of about a dozen active players as well as a group of inactives, much like the other guilds ranked around us. We are improving slowly: we've knocked off 3 or 4 dungeons in the last 2 months, and are close to knocking off #16.

What we've failed to do is attract new members. We post regularly in the guild recruitment section, but the yield is nil. We've posted in the guild mergers section, without reply. We've attacked lower level guilds that appear to be dying--in one case, only 3 members joined in a defense--and then emailed the actives to see if they would like to join us. No response.

I did get one request to join last week: Responded 2 hours later, but by then he had already joined a guild ranked in the 30's. It seems that attrition has been high and therefore lots of guilds have open spots and are willing to take all comers.

I could easily jump to a higher ranked guild, but I'd rather help build a guild with a bunch of similarly-minded people. We just can't figure out how to find them.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Adventurer

summer malaise...people want to be outside..not indoors mashing buttons...
I would imagine if you can tough out July and August, you'll see a bump in Sept and beyond..happened last year too...
Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Blacksmith

Yep, happens every year, in every online game I've ever played. Well, unless you're in the UK where the weather happens to have been a very deep shade of CRAP this summer
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Blacksmith

weather just recently dipped below "you can fry an egg in your car" temperatures here. I don't expect many people were enjoying the outdoors, but there are always at least a few folks who exceed expectations. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Jengas For This Useful Post:
DominicS (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Been very hot here also compared to other years and it doesn't help having lake Erie on one side lake Ontario on anther and Niagara Falls in your back yard makes the humidity go up to 85% to 90%+. So as hot as the mid west and south but very sticky.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz