Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Crusader

Default fortress construction pause

The fortress has turned into a dead bore as construction times have dragged on to a week or more. I'm upgrading my woodcutter's hut, all the while my stone is maxed out. I'd like to add more archers, but know if I do and I get hit I'll be defenseless for a week.

How about adding the feature that allows you to pause construction at any point, without resetting the timer to zero and losing half your investment? I could upgrade my hut for a few days until I have enough stone to upgrade my quarry, then switch to working on my mine for a few days while I accumulate more wood, then go back to woodcutting until i have enough wood to mine for a gem, then pick up where I left off upgrading my woodcutter's hut.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
The fortress has turned into a dead bore as construction times have dragged on to a week or more. I'm upgrading my woodcutter's hut, all the while my stone is maxed out. I'd like to add more archers, but know if I do and I get hit I'll be defenseless for a week.

How about adding the feature that allows you to pause construction at any point, without resetting the timer to zero and losing half your investment? I could upgrade my hut for a few days until I have enough stone to upgrade my quarry, then switch to working on my mine for a few days while I accumulate more wood, then go back to woodcutting until i have enough wood to mine for a gem, then pick up where I left off upgrading my woodcutter's hut.
There is an instant upgrade button you can push already, my favorite button!
Old 05-12-2016, 07:52 AM
Blacksmith

Do you even try to put yourself in common player situation?..
--
I do like this idea,it would also help with rebuilding your defenses...... or allow to rebuild defenses while upgrading them. what hurts?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Crusader

You know, I could actually afford to spend the thousands of dollars that it would cost to upgrade everything instantly. I could also drive a Tesla, but prefer to drive my Prius.

Yeah, I could beat other players by out-spending them, but what would be the point? What is the fun of a game where the playing field is tilted so heavily in favor of the richest or most spendthrift players that no one else can compete?

I'd rather donate my money to a food bank, throwing Playa a few bucks every 6 months or so. But thank you for subsidizing the game for the rest of us.

Off hand, how much would you estimate it cost you to get your level 20 mine?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
Do you even try to put yourself in common player situation?..
--
I do like this idea,it would also help with rebuilding your defenses...... or allow to rebuild defenses while upgrading them. what hurts?
I play the game to the best of my ability, based on the rules set in place. Playa is a For-Profit company with a freemium game. To change gameplay to allow free players an advantage, without spending money, is not the primary concern of the company. The primary concern is profit. So, clicking the button that allows for fast tracking a build has the same result as the proposed above.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Blacksmith

I really don't mind how you play,its not my business. what really bothers me is when you answer,you don't seem to think about how common player plays...You don't lack money but you lack plenty compassion...
Go back to your first post and think if it as helpful to the thread,thats all.

Last edited by Tilithia; 05-12-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
I really don't mind how you play,its not my business. what really bothers me is when you answer,you don't seem to think about how common player plays...You don't lack money but you lack plenty compassion...
Go back to your first post and think if it as helpful to the thread,thats all.
I do lack patience, which is what I hope common players have since this game is a multi-year effort.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Blacksmith

I would like to weigh in here.

THE MONEY THING
It's not nice to call on someone just because they spent more (or any) money on the game.
Because of shroomers and high amount of players this game finally looks good and is consistently updated.

No style of play should be discouraged. And racing in games is always about knowing how to play, time and/or money.

Yeah, BMWGuinness gave a meaningless comment, but that doesn't change anything.

THE PAUSE BUTTON
Although sometimes I have similar problems with defenses and too much resources I am against a pause button.

Fortress is all about cut-throat.
It's not supposed to be comfortable.

And nobody was forced to participate.
I have a friend in guild. He's at the bottom of rankings, he has terrible army with almost no upgrades and is currently at Fortress lvl 14.
He's only interested in getting exp, item slots and gems from the Fortress.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:41 PM

The idea is nice but yeah Playa does need to make money to continue to operate and add new features.

@BMW yes there is a button to instant build but most either can't afford to spend or don't want to spend that kind of money on a game.

Now we know Playa wont add this idea to the game but as me and others have stated b4 that it would be nice to at least allow for building of defensive troops if their building is being upgraded.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
The idea is nice but yeah Playa does need to make money to continue to operate and add new features.

@BMW yes there is a button to instant build but most either can't afford to spend or don't want to spend that kind of money on a game.

Now we know Playa wont add this idea to the game but as me and others have stated b4 that it would be nice to at least allow for building of defensive troops if their building is being upgraded.
I tell you what, Non-Shroomers are more dedicated than Shroomers. I don't think I'd have the patience to play 320 actual minutes of questing a day! I usually average 50 shrooms a day for my gameplay