Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypoNinja View Post
I think you over estimate the mercenary nature of many players, there are plenty of people who would not leave their guild just for higher bonuses. A sense of loyalty to your guild and the rest of your friends in said guild.
"Loyalty" in MMORPG's has permitted more abuse and caused more emotional pain than any other character flaw.

It's obvious to everyone now that Zombunny has become overwhelmingly powerful. While the bonuses weren't why I left my former guild, they were critical in determining where to go next. I'm not the only one, clearly.

And notice that in the upper ranks of the HoF, you'll find very few individuals that have not been involved in a Merger or changed guilds at some point.

The question is: can anyone grow to become powerful enough to compete? At this point, Zombunny has 6 of the top 15 and 11 of the top 30 on the HoF. That's not impossible to overcome; however, only 6 of the top 15 and 8 of the top 30 are in the #2 (REAL), #3 (Water Deep), or #4 () guilds. That means it would take more than 3 other guilds combining to compete, and since that already happened once recently, it's unlikely to happen again any time soon.

Normally, you could expect the #2 to gain players from people's desire to see the underdog win. But now there's the competing desire to benefit one's own character competing with the underdog effect. Now that the bonus difference is significant, building a competing guild may not be possible.

But now there is a better reason for Guilds to merge than "to take down Guild_X." By focusing the merged guild on dungeon success, rather than the inherent jealous and vengeful position of "taking down Guild_X," you can provide a positive motivation for the merge, and in my experience, negative reasons for mergers fail, but positive ones survive.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Truffle Shuffler

for all the good players rooting for the underdog, wed love to have you at REAL

we have 4 in the top 15, zombunny has 6
Old 11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Mushroom Collector

OK, I've got my first big gripe.
I missed being available for the exact time that we had our 2nd Guild Dungeon crawl and I missed it completely.
Now I have to side with those that are complaining that the crawls aren't available to view and that they should be like the Guild fights and be available to view, when a person is able to get back on the Guild page.
That gives someone one chance to view it, just like the Guild battles.

OK, that's my rant and I'm not really expecting for it to accomplish anything.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Supreme Adventurer

The guild dungeons are available to view if you were not on, like any guild fight. If there was a fight after the dungeon, then it does replace it. However, the guild dungeon is treated like a guild attack and should have been viewable when you logged on.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
What I really don't like though is that the game won't always show you the dungeon if it's not the last fight you were in. When my guild did the first dungeon we were attacked less then 20 minutes after we initiated the dungeon signup. Most of the members didn't get to see it because of the defence almost litterally on top of the dungeon it took us just over a week to save up for. I know there's suggestions for this in the suggestions forum but we really need to implement something to correct this, it's such a bummer not to see something you can only do (sucessfully) once.
Agreed. I've taken to recording the fights for my guild and hosting them on YouTube for my guild so that they can see fights/dungeons that they miss because of this overlap. That's a measure that I don't feel should have to be taken for everyone to view the fight.

So here's my feedback: Please allow us to view the most recent (dungeon/defense/offense)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
"Loyalty" in MMORPG's has permitted more abuse and caused more emotional pain than any other character flaw.
There is emotional pain in MMORPGs? And are you arguing against player loyalty to a guild? This statement left me completely confused.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Oddbird, how about sharing links to some of those fights for all to enjoy? Please?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBird View Post
There is emotional pain in MMORPGs? And are you arguing against player loyalty to a guild? This statement left me completely confused.
Me as well.

I've always viewed the community of friends that develops from a guild to be a great thing. The most important part of my guild is that it's where my friends are.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Mushroom Collector

Even if guild bonuses help determine who goes to what guild, the way dungeons get progressively tougher, means that the other guilds will catch up reasonably quick to their counterparts.

I mean, for all the extreme difference between Zombunny and REAL, they are only separated by what, 2 dungeons / 4%? Not a huge difference.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Adventurer

Well, Jim, as of 25 minutes ago, that would be 4 dungeons for 8%. With REAL's 17 for a total of 234% exp, 8/234x100% = 3.4%. So every Zombunnikin is getting 3.4% more exp and gold than every player in REAL. That's not really insignificant.

As we all know, progress/day decreases with level. If the difference is significant enough, the higher rank guild may be able to use their advantage to achieve the next dungeon before the lower rank guild. Whether 3.4% is enough to achieve that is yet to be seen.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Truffle Shuffler

That is a problem. So, if there are any good players out there, come to REAL so we can make our bonuses a little closer to Zombunny's

Tags
constructive criticism, feedback, guild dungeons, v1.60