Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Donation Notification change

A member of my guild brought this up and I cant seems to find anyone else mentioning it. When we donate gold/shrooms, it notifies everyone in the chat window. Well, if 5 people donate all at once, the actual conversation then requires scrolling to follow. I have seen people spam donate just for fun; donating 1 at a time, each instance causing a new message.

I rather enjoy seeing what my fellow guildsmen have to say and I find this annoying and useless, I can already see how much they donated total, I don't care about the individual donations.

My proposal: either allow chat to have donation notifications disabled, move the notification to its own window or remove the notification all together, instead, have a note added to the tool-tip that pops up when you hover over a guild-mate's name that tells how much gold they donated in the last...say, 24hrs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Avitas For This Useful Post:
Catcruncher (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Mushroom Collector

I agree. I would like to see a separate window for guild chat. It is difficult to keep up with any ongoing conversations in the guild chat window when there is an abundance of donations, and it seems like it would be better to either remove or seperate them.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Stable Boy

Sounds like a Guild problem that is best solved by talking to your Guild Master or fellow Guild mates. If the problem didn't stop, I'd be "kicking" some people out of the guild!
I WOULD be sure they knew that you could type "/gold 352" to donate 352 at one time. (You can substitute any amount of for 352.)
Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Truffle Shuffler

@dearl

The single coin donations are not the problem. It was one person just being funny. The core of the original post was that the donations, even with one per person, still very easily and frequently flood the chat screen.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Mushroom Collector

I also agree. Well-meaning guild members donating gold should not cause disruptions in chat.

If you want to still be able to brag about your donations, perhaps a "Sort guild list by gold donated today" would be nice.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Adventurer

My guild is the other side of this coin so to speak.
There are often days when the only thing we see from each other in the chat is the donations.