Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Stable Boy

this would only be possible if there is some kind of inventory or guild bank
Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Salverus, you have 5 empty slots and all of your regular equipped item slots. No set of armor is more than 4 or 5 items.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Stable Boy

you have 3 items of set A, 3 items from set B, 2 items from set C and 2 items from set D.
Thats 10 items, 5 on your hero, 5 in your inventory.
Now what will you do? You have to sell one of them, else you can never get a new drop since your inventory is full. So you sell one from set C or D?
It is very hard to get all items from one set, since there are like at least 20 different sets in this game. So far I got 4 epics, they were all four from a different set.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Stable Boy

I like this suggestion, I want to hear more opinions about it
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
I like this suggestion, I want to hear more opinions about it
Okay.

I don't want to shoot down the other ideas in the thread, outlandish as they may be. But I do have a suggestion that I feel is plausible, awesome, and has a snowball's chance in heck of surviving.

Purely cosmetic bonus

Since you can get epic "set" items at vastly different [item] levels if you don't save up dungeons and burn through them all at once, any bonus or scaling would be thrown off, or abused to the point of imbalance. Instead, if you get "all" or "most" of the pieces of a set, they could change the character portrait or the attack animation.

This is a simpler code implementation than item edits (which has been suggested for item crafting, trading, etc.) and it would not change gameplay significantly. Instead of selling my terrible Armpieces after I find a suitable upgrade, I might hang onto them until I get the other pieces just so I (a warrior) can shoot fireballs at an opponent (purely cosmetic).
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensou View Post
which is why i would like a sort of an epic trophy room, you can store epics away.
Yes, this is a great idea, or possibly just adding storage spaces as you level... i.e., after 5 levels you gain 1 storage space, at 10 levels you gain another, 20 = another, anon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob bushsniper View Post
-epic banks - would be cool. guilds only. instead of saving gold, you save epics, leader/officers could distribute.
Lousy idea! One of the absolutely worst ideas in online internet games is the 'strength in numbers' rule. This is especially true in the fantasy genre where the story usually revolves around the lone hero(ine). While it remains a real-world, military maxim, its only place in internet gaming is to separate the rich from the poor whether that be monetary, time constraint, knowledge, ability, social prefs, whatever. It is the individual who, time and again, gets trashed by the group-needy, and most often in an unfair way.

That said, guilds are for people who wish to do things together, whatever the motivation, but giving them rights and privileges unavailable to individuals is like saying 'orange-skinned women with toothpicks in their toes are entitled to more legal rights than any other person living in the country'.

If epic banks are to be worked in, they should be worked in for all players.

Hey...new idea...delete guilds!