Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Dummy

I run mine equal int, con and luck. Equal based on purchase price, not on actual value. I select gear based on the combined total of those three stat increases (as long as I keep my armor at 10%). Most gear right now has a int preference.

I raise str and dex as needed to beat the next level dungeon critter, otherwise gold gets thrown into them to zero out for the day. Stats at level 48 look like this:
str 309
Dex 312
Int 902
Con 449
Luck 490

Just topped 10K honor this week and the honor has increased consistently (+/-300) for 25+ levels.

just my thoughts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kailster For This Useful Post:
BlueDude2 (07-02-2010), dravard (07-10-2010)
Old 07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks Everyone! Right now I am mostly Int, then cont and some luck. I think I am a bit unbalanced though so will start putting more in cont and luck.

Last edited by Valhala; 07-07-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

I've tried all kinds of combos. I maintain different con/int/luck sets of gear in my inv to adjust to depending on who I am going after.

W/O going into all the math:
I have found that the higher the low end dmg variable on the wpn is is a bit more effective than just dumping gold in int.
I try to keep luck at 20, armor maxxed, then work intel/con.
I would suggest not totally neglecting str and dex either. I use thenm to attempt to beef up def against tank and archer types.

But like has been said a million times order is int, con, luck
I come to give your throat a smile with a simple cue, for it is but your purse and life I persue. Again and again I find myself with another body to turn blue. For you see, I am the stuff of nightmares, your worst dreams come true. Proud member of "none" For those we have defeated, hope your wounds are healing well. For those in front of us, , , we are comming.

http://forum.sfgame.us/showpost.php?p=4985&postcount=80
Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Stable Boy

I just wonder how people manage to get their stats so high, I pick missions that pay the most gold yet still run into folks who are a level or two lower than me with 300 or more intel and the same other stats.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminMime View Post
I just wonder how people manage to get their stats so high, I pick missions that pay the most gold yet still run into folks who are a level or two lower than me with 300 or more intel and the same other stats.
A player that uses will typically be able to do up to 6 times more missions than you.

A player that has been playing with your exact same strategy but started a week ahead of you will, of course, have the advantage of 700 more thirst and however many city guard hours against you.

Don't forget the importance of city guard and consistent arena gold. Also, players that choose to remain at low levels and buff stats tend to fall behind in the long run because equipment gives so much more benefit, and city guard gold is scaled to level and boy does it scale after 5-10 levels.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Hmmm. A lot of useful information in here. It's a pity I'm still left conflicted. I was thinking about doing a Leveling Caste type system for my Stats. So, say for every 50 Stat Points I allocate, I'd go 20 Int, 10 Con/Luck, 5 Str/Dex.

This way I'm retaining a decent Attack, while also having a fair Crit and decent survivability from my other 3 stats.

Still a fairly fresh newbie, so that could just be an ignorant Spec.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I'm spending about equally between int, con and luck.

So far I'm 347 int, 324 cont and 322 luck for base...

I've notice that gear/potions can boost the stats way better than gold on stat... But I'm sure sooner or later investing on stat may be a good thing... I've hope so cuz I dumped so much gold in stats so far...
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Improve Amor for mage

Hi everyone,
I'm definitely agree with the int-con-luck formular for mages. I'm applying and it's seems good. But there is a fact that mages are really weak at armor. I wonder if besides weapons and magic stuff, how could mages improve armor? Pls help if you know sth. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Mages can increase their armor rating up to a total of 10% and can increase their resistance stats (str/dex).
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Sheep

Default Reactive defense

I find that if you use the stat that your opponent is using for damage, your result is much better.