Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Adventurer

Default Upgrading plus all attributes equipment

I couldn't find anything on this when I searched so here goes.

I have a belt that gives me +22 to all attributes and I've definitely outgrown it. (I'm a level 48 warrior) What would be a suitable replacement number wise in either single or double stated items to replace it that would make up for the drop in the other attributes?

I admit I'm horrible at upgrading my equipment unless it's a clear cut upgrade, ie. upgrading a +stregnth with a +more stregnth item. So when it's something like this I feel a bit out of my depth. It's also not my only +all item but I'll face the same question again later so I thought I'd ask.

Last edited by Fairie; 08-20-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Blacksmith

Well I'm a level 51 and I'm seeing lots of 1 attribute+70-80ish, 2 attributes+40-50ish. So I would trade up if you see one maybe a con. or str. +60-70 or a str. AND con. +45. But try to avoid the intel. and dex. bonuses they are usually no good. If you want to check out my character since I'm only 3 levels ahead of you, my in-game name is the same as it is hear. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

I like to look at epics as overall value especially when it come to +all epics. Therefore, if you have an epic +22 all I would multiply that by five stats we have and we would get a result of 110. Then for example I'm mage I would look at a regular item that gives me something close to 110 Int and in your case Str. Also I would look to more balancing regular with +2 maybe like Str and Con. However, it takes time until you can get to the level where you can replace your current epic with something equal value.
The Following User Says Thank You to moreum For This Useful Post:
Fairie (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Rule of thumb:

Cons ~= primary attribute
Luck ~= primary attribute / 3
Secondary Attribute ~= primary attribute / 7

With that said make sure that your modified stats is such that primary attribute is greater than cons.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Blacksmith

I heard it as: Primary:4
Con.:3
Luck:2
Other:1
Other:1
Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Adventurer

Thus far the highest single I've come across is +80 so I'm not at 110 yet.

If I were to take the result of 110 and cut it in half for a double stated item, say +55 str and +55 con or some other combination that works to 110, would it be as effective? or should I be adding more for more stats?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Blacksmith

yes +55 str and +55 con should work good too. Remember the higher level you are the more useless your epic becomes as it was built for much lower level. For example my epics are become less useful even though most of them are +all and helps me to build for overall defense against all classes but now I find that Charista (officer in The Endless) has more regulars that focus on int (Charista is mage like me) and a little bit lower level was able to beat two more dungeons than me and is better equipped for pvp action.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Adventurer

I like what you're saying about looking at it as an overall number Moreum. Because it works as applied to all items as a general rule. I find myself running up against the same sort of thing with my single stated items too. They feel out of date but it can be hard to find a higher value single stat.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Blacksmith

yes indeed it is hard to find a replacement and once you find one in couple of days it is again outdated. It is never ending struggle to reach a good balance in your character build especially if you focusing on leveling up. Alas, it is a nature of the beast so I suggest experimentation on what's working best for you. Also I like to build intuitively instead of working with the numbers although I like mathematics too and use it as well on occasion where I want to replace an epic.