Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Dummy

Default Resistance stats

I know that halving strength/intelligence/dexterity stat gives you the resistance, but does that directly affect the damage taken like attack power-resistance=damage taken, or some other way?

Last edited by Andelos; 04-29-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Yes. The exact formula is not known, but raising your resistance stat by even 1 point can show a marked change.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Adventurer

The resistance value decreases the opponent's damage stat (for example, if your opponent is a warrior, his strength is reduced by your "defense" value; if your opponent is a scout his dexterity is reduced by your "evasion" value etc.). The resulting value, not the full "damage stat" of the opponent, is then used to calculate damage.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Dummy

Does a player's own damage stat contribute to his defence when fighting a same class opponent? Like a warrior strength contributing against the strength of an opponent.

My very anecdotical observations seem to suggest that's the case at least to a degree, as I see warriors hitting me (and I hitting them) for less than 50% of the lower bracket of their theoretical damage.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Adventurer

Yes, your own damage stat (for example str for a warrior) also functions as resistance stat if you battle characters of the same class. As far as I know, it works exactly as with every other resistance stat.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Yes, your own damage stat (for example str for a warrior) also functions as resistance stat if you battle characters of the same class. As far as I know, it works exactly as with every other resistance stat.
So, if I'm getting pounded by a certain Wizard, say, sophia, raising my intelligence is a good idea?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyaka88 View Post
So, if I'm getting pounded by a certain Wizard, say, sophia, raising my intelligence is a good idea?
I'd say only as a second option. Raising your primary stat and con should always be your first choices.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
If your a wizard definatly, if your some other class raising your main stat by 10 will increase your damage multiplier by 1 raising your int 20 will lower Sophia's multiplier by 1. So raising Int would only be as good if it was less than 1/2 the cost of raising your main stat, and even then only against wizards.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Keeping your resistance stats up in relation to your primary stats isn't a bad idea (say, a 1:3 ratio), but against another player who is also raising their stats during the same time frame, it just isn't that effective. It's more effective against a dungeon monster, which doesn't increase in strength.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Truffle Shuffler

along the same lines.... how does armor work? is it good for all damage, even mage damage?