Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Adventurer

Armor only works against warriors and scouts, not mages.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Supreme Adventurer

And the amount of damage it decreases depends on your level and total armor score, as well as the enemy's level. If you hover your cursor over your armor level, it states how much of a damage reduction you get againsts someone of the same level as you. This decrease must therefore change based on your enemy's level, as it does change based on your level, and the game's developers stipulate the level in the calculation.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Wannabe Griffin

I would have to disagree that armor does not work on mages... If I battle a mage the same or lesser lvl then I and even though their Intelligence may be double+ mine, I still seem to be able to block the % of my armor of them compared to a mage even only 1 lvl above me.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
The resistance value decreases the opponent's damage stat (for example, if your opponent is a warrior, his strength is reduced by your "defense" value; if your opponent is a scout his dexterity is reduced by your "evasion" value etc.). The resulting value, not the full "damage stat" of the opponent, is then used to calculate damage.
So, does that mean if I'm a Rouge with 100 Dexterity and I attack a Fighter with 101 Dexterity I have -1 Dexterity and do no damage?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Nope, because the resistance value decreases the effect of the offense stat at a rate of less than 1:1 and you have a minimum damage of 1.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Adventurer

Quizoid - mouse over your stats and check the equations they show you for calculating damage and defense. You'll start to get an understanding of the relationship.
Damage is calculated the same for each class, as is defense. It's just the driving stat that changes.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
Quizoid - mouse over your stats and check the equations they show you for calculating damage and defense. You'll start to get an understanding of the relationship.
Damage is calculated the same for each class, as is defense. It's just the driving stat that changes.
I'm totally past that. What I'm wondering now is how the Resistance Stats (Str, Dex, Int... the two that aren't for your class) relate to how much damage you take from the other two classes. It'll help me decide if I get more Con or something else.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Adventurer

There are a few threads that discuss this in more detail, but the general rule of thumb is that Class Primary Stat > Con > Luck > Others. To my knowledge, the full damage equation has not been published yet, but I too would be interested in seeing it if you can locate it!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
There are a few threads that discuss this in more detail, but the general rule of thumb is that Class Primary Stat > Con > Luck > Others. To my knowledge, the full damage equation has not been published yet, but I too would be interested in seeing it if you can locate it!
I was looking at the top ranked people in both servers and noticed some interesting trends. I tried to focus on people who were high for their level.

They all seemed to keep their Resistance stats pretty close to their Attack Stat and Constitution. Some ignored luck, but most kept it right below Attack/Con and just slightly above the Res stats. I think there's a big psychological effect in those for attacking people... and... it really does help them survive attack.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Generally if you want to beat people, you can make life easier by assuming 2 things.

-Each battle you will be battling will be one of the three classes chosen uniformly at random.
-The opponent will have primary stats equal to your primary stats.

In this case, you can view decreasing their primary stats by 1 is roughly as good as increasing your primary stats by 1. Therefore the expected value of a secondary attribute is: 1/3*1/2. The expected value of raising a primary attribute is 1/3*1/2+1. So as a result the expected value of a secondary stat to your primary stat is 1:7. So therefore the distribution of stats should be 7x, 1x, 1x.

But this is not optimal play for the power leveler. Just look at the next lowest level dungeon yet to be cleared. And boost the secondary stats that matches the monster up to about 40% of your primary stats. Once you beat it, you can do the same for the next monster. Eventually the dungeon monster will be of your primary stats so the correct ratio of costs will balance out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilan For This Useful Post:
Katjja (11-05-2010), nix (09-19-2010)