Good needs some tweeking 19 86.36%
Meh it is ok will help with dungeon 5 22.73%
Blah a waste of time have better things to do with my gaming time 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullion View Post
Sounds like no matter what the opinion of one will be,someone will always find a way to be offended...smh
not offended, just trying to say that, compared to other updates (like the fortress), the pet update is much more fair.

If the Fortress Update was more fair, I wouldn't be Fortress Level 20 for the last month already.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by okk View Post
certain times to get pets needs to be changed. most people play at a specific time of the day and therefore would not be getting all of the available pets.

for example I usually only thirst from 8:00-1300 local time. this is apparently 1 hour later than server time so unless I go out of my way to change when I am playing I will never get any pets that are available only at night.
I did this on w1. I normally play from reset at 6 p.m. my time until my 320 minutes are done. I wasn't getting the pets. Two day this week, I played 120 minutes and played the rest the following morning. One day I did this, and got 6 eggs during the rest of my thirst.

Yes, it does appear people will need to play at different times in order to gather all the beasties.

Some people will not be able to do this, and that is not great.

On the other hand, those determined to get all the pets will make the sacrifices required to obtain them all.

Also, after talking to Spiny Norman, he's noticed that you can get pets outside of the times stated on the guide. Soooooo - who knows if maybe it will take longer to get them by playing one's regular schedule playing time.

Just have fun with it - that's the whole point of a game

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 04-24-2016, 09:23 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
I did this on w1. I normally play from reset at 6 p.m. my time until my 320 minutes are done. I wasn't getting the pets. Two day this week, I played 120 minutes and played the rest the following morning. One day I did this, and got 6 eggs during the rest of my thirst.

Yes, it does appear people will need to play at different times in order to gather all the beasties.

Some people will not be able to do this, and that is not great.

On the other hand, those determined to get all the pets will make the sacrifices required to obtain them all.

Also, after talking to Spiny Norman, he's noticed that you can get pets outside of the times stated on the guide. Soooooo - who knows if maybe it will take longer to get them by playing one's regular schedule playing time.

Just have fun with it - that's the whole point of a game
Perhaps, but usually with most games only 10-20% of the players actually check forums. if occurrences like Spiny's are rare than most players will not be gaining a large portion of the pets. maybe if they don't change the timing of certain pets they should add something in the pet menu telling you where and when you can find that pet.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Crusader

The pet update has only been around for a couple of weeks and already I have many more pets than I have food to feed them. 320 minutes of training got me 5 pieces of fruit, pet battles got me 4 more, for a total of 9. 1 have a total of 24 pets: only 2 of them got 3 pieces of fruit today. I would have needed 144 pieces to feed them all. So I don't think people are going to be limited in their advancement by missing a few pets. They are going to be limited by the relative rarity of fruit.

There are only 100 pets. I've already got 1/4 of them. 5 of those can only be found after after a habitat is finished. I hope this means finding all 19 of the other pets, not raising all 19 of those pets up to level 100, since the latter would cost 1881 pieces of fruit.

We are clearly going to end up in a situation where relatively soon finding a pet a week will be more the norm than finding a pet a day.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Blacksmith

To make it fully fair, game would have to stop dropping fruits for anyone after 120 thirst.
I picked good but needs tweaking because:
-id like to see fruit rewards before picking mission
-needs option to change opponents
-game should not choose when we play the game,player picks the time... (in other words what many others said...some cant play at night,some simply want to sleep,others cant cos of work/family)..
Don't get me wrong I really like the variety when we get pets (Christmas/finishing dungens/hall of fame etc) but time of day is issue to too many and confuses too many.

Last edited by Tilithia; 04-24-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
The pet update has only been around for a couple of weeks and already I have many more pets than I have food to feed them. 320 minutes of training got me 5 pieces of fruit, pet battles got me 4 more, for a total of 9. 1 have a total of 24 pets: only 2 of them got 3 pieces of fruit today. I would have needed 144 pieces to feed them all. So I don't think people are going to be limited in their advancement by missing a few pets. They are going to be limited by the relative rarity of fruit.

There are only 100 pets. I've already got 1/4 of them. 5 of those can only be found after after a habitat is finished. I hope this means finding all 19 of the other pets, not raising all 19 of those pets up to level 100, since the latter would cost 1881 pieces of fruit.

We are clearly going to end up in a situation where relatively soon finding a pet a week will be more the norm than finding a pet a day.
yes if you wanted to lvl each pet food would be an issue the good thing is you don't need to the bonus per stat is from how many pets you have not what lvl they r. so really you need just enough to keep lvling your best and also enough to lvl the next one in line to become your best so u can clear the next lvl in habitat. now of course if you are trying to be on the top of the pets HoF yes food can be an issue but having a good strategy with some luck and shrooming and ppl should b fine.

Nice work btw spiny my best is 20 with 3 more open waiting to find the darn things.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
To make it fully fair, game would have to stop dropping fruits for anyone after 120 thirst.
100% complete disagreement

Playa isn't a non-profit organization
Old 04-25-2016, 01:21 AM
Wannabe Griffin

I started playing this game years ago, when it was Uncomplicated..
Basic, and a game to relax by..

Now, even tho I cant find the info on pets in English, its getting complicated..
ROTATE the times..Please.
Im a late nite person and play at the 1am reset in my local. Then goto bed.
I have other things to do during the day, and now you have made it as to require me to play, Off/ON..all day long..

This idea, is based on being able to play all day..Workers cant do this, those with a life, cant do this.. and we should all take Lots of time away from computers..

What its come down to, is I cant feed my pets very well, and I havnt gotten any new ones in 3-4 days..and fighting the habitat, seems to do nothing..
The setup for battles, is simple. You are going to have a MAJOR killer with all the food, and the rest will suffer.

Dont get me wrong, its just leveled at people that can Play all day long..
The Following User Says Thank You to Edthard For This Useful Post:
Executioner (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 AM
Blacksmith

To be competetive you always have to play a lot.

However with pets I think it's set up quite nicely. You have to level mainly one pet anyway.
You don't have to get all the pets as soon as possible. Check the info, find the time and then get it. It doesn't matter if it will be this week or in a month.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
To be competetive you always have to play a lot.

However with pets I think it's set up quite nicely. You have to level mainly one pet anyway.
You don't have to get all the pets as soon as possible. Check the info, find the time and then get it. It doesn't matter if it will be this week or in a month.
Liphant is April 1st so it doesn't matter if you spend mushrooms or not