Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb View Post
The Infos for the boss on dungeon 15 should be correct.

The best hint on the class is the lifepoints they have, look around and 12 or 13 million HP at this level should be a mage (a scout boss should have HP nearly double, a warrior nealy triple as much) don't get confused by the things only the boss does, as warriors evades, scouts block and so on.
are you saying it is not a mage when using a staff and not a warrior when using a sword? how does that make sense? perhaps i am not undestanding. the boss was a warrior. he used a sword. i won the fight against him because he was a warrior. i would not have won if he were a mage or scout as they always kick my butt.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Truffle Shuffler

It isn't easy to make a clear judgement what class are involved in the guild dungeons, at least on the boss. Because there weren't any countable infos besides the HPs.

But as I said the HPs itself gives the most important hint what class the boss is.

Besides I don't believe anybody on this world will consider Gandalf a warrior, even when he is swinging a sword.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb View Post
It isn't easy to make a clear judgement what class are involved in the guild dungeons, at least on the boss. Because there weren't any countable infos besides the HPs.

But as I said the HPs itself gives the most important hint what class the boss is.

Besides I don't believe anybody on this world will consider Gandalf a warrior, even when he is swinging a sword.
if that is the case which i find terribly confusing then i am wrong. i dont see how it can be called one thing when it completely fights like another just because of its hp. the hp does not affect my ability to beat something. how it fights does. so if i am wrong then i am sorry.
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Adventurer

I watched the vid clip you posted earlier, ralff. In that clip, the boss never once evaded or blocked AND he hit for relatively high amount of damage. THAT is the determining factor of how a toon fights, not the graphics used to display the battle.
It is true that sometimes in dungeons, warrior bosses seem to dodge, and scout bosses seem to block, but I even managed some dodges against some of them - and I'm a warrior!
In short, there are some inconsistencies in how things are displayed in the dungeons, and that does make things confusing, I agree. Thankfully the underlying mechanics remain constant.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
I watched the vid clip you posted earlier, ralff. In that clip, the boss never once evaded or blocked AND he hit for relatively high amount of damage. THAT is the determining factor of how a toon fights, not the graphics used to display the battle.
It is true that sometimes in dungeons, warrior bosses seem to dodge, and scout bosses seem to block, but I even managed some dodges against some of them - and I'm a warrior!
In short, there are some inconsistencies in how things are displayed in the dungeons, and that does make things confusing, I agree. Thankfully the underlying mechanics remain constant.
thank you.
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Adventurer

You're welcome.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Supreme Adventurer

One of the biggest challenges for determining a monster's class (and they have changed from time to time) is that the animations do not relate to the actual class of the monster. The animations are pulled from a database based on the monster type. If that type of monster attacks with a sword in quests, then the monster in the dungeon will attack with a sword. However, the dungeon monsters can be any class as determined by Playa Games. What changes when the class changes, is the HP and sometimes the block/dodge/none of the above. The mage monsters took a lot of debate as it took many games watching the same fight to determine if there was a dodge or block. There are times where dodge and block don't happen, but when another guild sees it happen, then it is no longer a mage, according to the rule of thumb.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to masoud

Just as a suggestion, don't you think it was better if dungeon rewards was more relevant to monsters levels rather than hero levels?

If I can defeat a monster right now why should I wait until I reach same level to him for an epic item?

What do you think?

Sorry guys, I forget its question thread, I thought its general discussion. Sorry

Last edited by DeadMeat; 07-02-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: double post pleasue use edit :)
Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Adventurer

You still get an epic item - it's just in relation to YOUR level if you're lower level than the monster or the monster's level if he's lower level than you. Always generating the epic at the level of the monster would give scouts an unfair power advantage as they can rush dungeons better than the other two classes due to the way their combat works.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Crusader

useful information. I'm at level 155 and am battling a dungeon with level 210, which is nice sincethe 205 dungeon gave me half a level or more of XP. I guess I'm taking a hit in the quality of the epics I win, if I win one, but if I waited until I was over level 200 to attack the next dungeon I would, I'm guessing, be waiting over 2 months, even with 300/day training. Doesn't seem like such a great deal for a chance at 1 epic.