Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Crusader

Default tower minions armor

I'm left with a problem. I just won new armor in the tower for Barberic Bert. The prior armor has 2755 armor with +313 to str/con/luck, while the new armor has 2063 armor with +326 to str/con/luck. So I need to figure out which is better, +13 to str/con/luck or +692 to armor.

it sure would be helpful if playa put that little armor calculator that I have on my character page somewhere on the minion's page as well. I'm guessing if I searched I could find the formula used, but that would still require me to add up the armor values manually, and I'm a lazy SOB.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I'm left with a problem. I just won new armor in the tower for Barberic Bert. The prior armor has 2755 armor with +313 to str/con/luck, while the new armor has 2063 armor with +326 to str/con/luck. So I need to figure out which is better, +13 to str/con/luck or +692 to armor.

it sure would be helpful if playa put that little armor calculator that I have on my character page somewhere on the minion's page as well. I'm guessing if I searched I could find the formula used, but that would still require me to add up the armor values manually, and I'm a lazy SOB.

Hey spiny please here and you know what I say about the search button.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Crusader

??????????????????

You linked me to a thread with a single post, which has this content:

Quote:
The Tower:

- name of next monster not displayed
- item compare function doesn't work properly for companions
- cancel button doesn't work properly
- rewards: wrong epic item displayed
- sometimes the number of defeated floors/layers is not correct (+1)

Guilds:

- display bug if guild A attacks guild B and vice versa
- attacking the same guild again without viewing the first guild battle causes a display bug

Arcane Toilet:

- WC sign not displayed correctly
- the toilet stops glowing after dropping an item and getting mana points
How is this relevant to my complaint? Since it is not listed, it is not a "known bug". In fact it is not a bug per say, it is simply a complaint: I would like to know what the armor level of my tower minions is and how much damage reduction I can expect without having to do the calculations manually. The closest listed "bug" is that the item compare button does not work. This is not an issue of item compare: it is an issue of damage reduction calculation.

Do you even bother to read what people have posted before you throw a "search first" link in? Or is it just a reflex?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
This is what you asked the second line in the link I posted says that it does not work for companions so yes I did read your post and I gave you the proper answer which is in the post I linked you to.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Crusader

The only line in the reply you linked me to that even sounds remotely relevant is the one that states "item compare function doesn't work properly for companions." The item compare function, however, doesn't compare the armor value of an item, or calculate the damage reduction, it only compares str, int, dex, con, and luck. The only way I know of to compare damage reduction is that little button on the character page above the "medal of advancement". To be absolutely clear: this "armor calculator" is not the "item compare" function

And it would be really nice if the "armor calculator" button could be added to the pages of our tower minions as well to make it easier to compare two items, one which has high armor and low stats and the other which has low armor and high stats.

Which no one to my knowledge has mentioned before. Certainly not in the link you posted.

Which is why "searching first" would not have done me any good.

And why your reply has just added confusion rather than insight.

Last edited by spiny norman; 12-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Blacksmith

There's a saying in Korea that the water at the top of the fountain must be clear for the water at the bottom to be also clear.

Bobo, you see a lot of people who don't spend time to search the forums before asking a question. While I don't think spiny is one such person, such folks would rightly be called lazy for posting before doing proper research.

But you give me the impression that your reasoning goes like this: "Hey these guys are lazy, why should I be any more diligent for their sakes? I'll give them a lazy response just to show them how lazy they are."

While such an approach isn't necessarily wrong depending on your aims, the end result doesn't get much done. You end up only giving the absolute minimal effort to answer any question, and I don't think folks will become any more diligent for your "efforts" or lack thereof. In fact, answer like the one you just gave spiny aren't answers at all. You may as well just link the search page and tell anyone who asks any question that there answers are there.

Let's still be honest though. Even if you spent serious effort to answer each question, people will still be the same. So since reality will likely produce the same kinds of people, at least one of these two needs to be working harder than the other, especially if one of these two volunteered to answer questions for the community. If you volunteered for this gig, but don't really feel like putting more effort than necessary, maybe you should look for someone else who'd be willing to do the dirty work for you.

At the very minimum, your answers should come with a short explanation. "Use the search function" isn't the one-size-fits-all answer that so many forum mods are convinced it is.

Beyond this, anyone who do want to seriously contribute to the community will need a good leading example. And if their only example is you, well...that's where my Korean saying comes into play. I'm not saying you're a bad example, but how you approach questions and problems are being watched by others, and at the very least that much attention should be placed by someone taking on such a position.

This isn't an insult, complaint, or flame. Just some potential insight on your position and how you might want to approach it, or even if you ever wanted it to begin with.

Last edited by Jengas; 12-01-2012 at 10:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jengas For This Useful Post:
Jaxem (12-03-2012)