Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 6 > Small Talk

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default The elephant in server 6.

At the risk of upsetting people, I'm going to be somewhat blunt with my views on the state of server 6. This thread has been a long time coming.

When the server first started, Elysian Fields played all their cards well, recruited aggressively, built up bonuses fast, and at one point had players rank 1-21 in their guild. It truly was unstoppable until it decided to break apart. And when news broke that a new guild was stemming from it, I thought perhaps we'd get the parity the server could have used.

However, what ended up happening was you had 2 20-25 player guilds that were still head and shoulders above the rest. Not only that, but top dogs from guilds ranked 3 and below that saw the writing on the wall began joining forces with these 2 powerhouses, making the gap that much wider between the have's and have-nots.

Don't think for a second I'm accusing them of being the only guilty parties - I hear all the time from members of my guild that they're getting invites from all over to join. There is only one guild who I'll leave nameless that has not tried (as far as I know) to grab my members - I share a pretty good friendship with their leader and I'm guessing (hoping) it's out of respect for each other. But to sum it up: This server is turning into "who can persuade other high-level players from other guilds to join them".

I had a top-2 guild invite my #15 member to join their squad. An open question to Natural/Elysian: Aside from your own little 1-on-1 war, what is even the point for you? The climb is made: Neither of you will even flirt with dropping to #3 unless you have a catastrophic inter-guild blow-up. Is your rivalry that strong that you really look at the rest of our server as simply a group of people to harvest for your own gain? ('Yes, our rivalry is fun, thanks for asking' is an acceptable answer.)

I admit that it's gotten to the point where if I see a group starting to drop members, I send a message to certain members being clear that I'm not looking to hi-jack, but IF they were leaving Summit has a slot open for them. And I hate doing it - but it's truly become sink-or-swim with being able to pick up new members that are high-enough caliber to hang with the big guns.

This server has turned almost 100 percent about gaining members that are alerady strong instead of grinding. The only time you see switches at the higher ranks is when a big recruiting/member loss event happens. And that's a badddd place to be if we want to truly have longevity.

Maybe I'm just crazy. Or maybe that IS what the game's supposed to be and I just don't appreciate it. Regardless, I needed to get that off my chest. Know that my intentions are simply to keep this server thriving - Summit's currently #5 and I have no issues with having 4 groups head-and-shoulders above me - but it is concerning that every day I have players telling me those groups are constantly trying to pick away our members, knowing that while we've developed a tight-knit squad whose actually gotten to know each other, all they care about is the number next to the names.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Unhappy

TheOutlier you are 100% correct...

I have found that both Natural and Elysian both actively poach players and have had quite a few of my members been actively contacted by them. Most of them have politely declined but a few have left.

My guild was founded when I was of a lower level (20-ish) and I came from another guild whom I was in taking a good friend of mine in real life and also sent an invite to a member who I had enjoyed chatting with to the new guild. He declined, but eventually came over when the original guild stagnated.

We did take on board some members from another guild that were looking to join another guild which bolstered our numbers significantly, but we took everyone from that guild that wanted to come over.

We have had a few people from other guilds join that have had conflict from with their own guilds or felt they were not a part of the team.

However this story is not unique.... There are quiet a few really good guilds on Server 6 that have been organically built ground up in this matter who I have massive respect for. Summit, Israel Attack Forces, CZECH TEAM, XaHoBeTe and heaps of others...

But as I have witnessed first hand as Natural and Elysian target the "shroomers" and high level members of these guilds the server is the big loser as these guilds become less and less competitive.

My only consolation is once there are 50 members in these guilds we will again be safe from this predatory recruiting until their next member stops buying mushrooms and falls below their activity or donation threshold...

Until then we continue to do what we can and hope the server survives...
Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Hello there guys!

I'm sorry to say but you only are aware of half the truth.

We did try to break Elysian Fields in an equal manner, but N20 leadership went of before the last discussion and formed a new group that we can now not reach.

Of course we'll try and recruit new members since we were only left with 15 or so at the time.

Looking for shroomers means that we get ACTIVE players that actually PLAY the game.

I have noticed that N20 would go around and recruit mostly shroomers (thats why atm they cannot be beated by anyone) but let me set some things straight. Elysian Fields have accepted a lot of non-shroomers in the meanwhile. Some of them actually decided to invest in the process. Why judge that?

Anyhow, as TheOutlier stated, this is how the game works!

Each guild tries for its best. If thats not the point what is?
Old 11-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Hi,

I've been in that server since day one and from what I saw, the people who complaining of the lack of challenge have create the problem.

With in the first few week, the 2 or 3 top guild had make sure that there where no more shroomers. They kill the competions and now there's no body left to challenge them.

It's been hard to build a guild in that server. Every time one of my player step up somebody tried to recruite him elsewhere. Of course we do the same thing, but like you said it's the game.

I think in time thing will get more even. Top guild are gonna have to wait a little bit more.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Stable Boy

recruiting is a part of the game

if someone leaves a guild its also a part of the game

they arent stuck in 1 guild
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caliba For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (11-11-2011), DeadMeat (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Well i have not been in the server since it started, so i did not notice much of what has happened, but rigth now my guild i making a great effort to reach to 10 and shake things up a little,

and bring back a little competition to the server, and heck i think we are doing a great job.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Sheep

Default level caps

Yes i agree. It seems to me that the creators need to do something to address this issue from within the game. I play on S8 and there seems to be alot of inactive toons there as well.

Maybe a solution is to have a toon level cap for each guild. So for example 1 guild can have ten 200+ players, thirty 100-200 plus players and so on. Different increments could be used.

To prevent guilds losing toons once they pass a certain level...perhaps if a toon has been with the guild for 6 months or more they a exempt, or maybe if they have gained 50 levels with that guild they are exempt.

This would prevent the high rotation of toons to the top 2 or 3 guilds no matter what server your on.

Any thoughts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthey View Post
TheOutlier you are 100% correct...

I have found that both Natural and Elysian both actively poach players and have had quite a few of my members been actively contacted by them. Most of them have politely declined but a few have left.

My guild was founded when I was of a lower level (20-ish) and I came from another guild whom I was in taking a good friend of mine in real life and also sent an invite to a member who I had enjoyed chatting with to the new guild. He declined, but eventually came over when the original guild stagnated.

We did take on board some members from another guild that were looking to join another guild which bolstered our numbers significantly, but we took everyone from that guild that wanted to come over.

We have had a few people from other guilds join that have had conflict from with their own guilds or felt they were not a part of the team.

However this story is not unique.... There are quiet a few really good guilds on Server 6 that have been organically built ground up in this matter who I have massive respect for. Summit, Israel Attack Forces, CZECH TEAM, XaHoBeTe and heaps of others...

But as I have witnessed first hand as Natural and Elysian target the "shroomers" and high level members of these guilds the server is the big loser as these guilds become less and less competitive.

My only consolation is once there are 50 members in these guilds we will again be safe from this predatory recruiting until their next member stops buying mushrooms and falls below their activity or donation threshold...

Until then we continue to do what we can and hope the server survives...