Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweomer View Post
I have a feeling the 24-hour refresh was put in for a reason... but maybe a one-free-refresh-per-day option would be acceptable? With further refreshes (refreshments?) costing mushrooms.
I like this idea because even though this would take potential profit from the game it is the equivalent of a penny a day, and it would allow people who focus their
mushrooms on drinks to not level 3 times in one day and still have crappy equipment.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Mushroom Collector

Deleted

Last edited by Zeth; 04-06-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: made a new thread about my post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Dummy

As far as I see it mushrooms are required for WAY too much. I'm more than well aware this is how the game earns money for its troubles but ALL the better items in the weapons shop at least require you to spend at LEAST one mushroom along with the gold and silver to purchase it. This to me is unfair completely. This allows those people who CAN afford to spend money the luxury of getting the better items over those that can't spend real money on mushrooms. No matter how much more the person that can't afford to buy mushrooms plays and how much more he's dedicated to the game, the person putting up the real money for the mushroom will be leaps and bounds ahead of him. To me this is crap and should be boo'ed. And I don't want to hear how you get mushrooms sometimes from quests either as I've only gotten ONE through gaining NINE levels and doing well over 50 quests now.

This needs to be fixed and fixed fast if this game is to remain fair.

- Kaldaron
Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Dummy

basically i can see that nothing about the game will be changed, because each alteration would in some way go against the "money making blueprint" that this company have embedded in their core.

Thus things can happen only as long as they lead to the company not loseing any of the money its making or making more of it.

So i suggest two things
1) make this a BB/iphone AP to target a larger market (direct profit potential)
2) put in a starcraft battle net like chatroom into the tavern and make channels (indirect profit potential - it will make the game more fun due to PvP communication and thus possibly cause more players to be online more or more people to join the game and this leads inevitably to buying more mushrooms, because honestly how long can you just sit there and patiently chat without doing any quests?)

yeah above is a little off topic...but it was on my mind as of lately.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yev View Post
basically i can see that nothing about the game will be changed, because each alteration would in some way go against the "money making blueprint" that this company have embedded in their core.

Thus things can happen only as long as they lead to the company not loseing any of the money its making or making more of it.

So i suggest two things
1) make this a BB/iphone AP to target a larger market (direct profit potential)
2) put in a starcraft battle net like chatroom into the tavern and make channels (indirect profit potential - it will make the game more fun due to PvP communication and thus possibly cause more players to be online more or more people to join the game and this leads inevitably to buying more mushrooms, because honestly how long can you just sit there and patiently chat without doing any quests?)

yeah above is a little off topic...but it was on my mind as of lately.
A battle net chat will almost inevitably lead to the need for at least one moderator, people being what they are. That means hiring someone, or diverting someone from their duties. Loss of money right there.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Mushroom Collector

Or we could have the refresh button optionable after 2 hrs,without the cost of a mushroom, and items refreshed automatically after 24 hrs
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldaron View Post
As far as I see it mushrooms are required for WAY too much. I'm more than well aware this is how the game earns money for its troubles but ALL the better items in the weapons shop at least require you to spend at LEAST one mushroom along with the gold and silver to purchase it. This to me is unfair completely. This allows those people who CAN afford to spend money the luxury of getting the better items over those that can't spend real money on mushrooms. No matter how much more the person that can't afford to buy mushrooms plays and how much more he's dedicated to the game, the person putting up the real money for the mushroom will be leaps and bounds ahead of him. To me this is crap and should be boo'ed. And I don't want to hear how you get mushrooms sometimes from quests either as I've only gotten ONE through gaining NINE levels and doing well over 50 quests now.

This needs to be fixed and fixed fast if this game is to remain fair.

- Kaldaron
You said it yourself "this is how the game earns money". The players who support the game financially get an advantage, be it in extra questing time or equipment, but I don't feel that it's big enough of an advantage to make the game unfair. There are more than enough good items to be bought or quested for that you don't really need to spend mushrooms on them. Unless all the equipment you buy in the shops at higher levels require mushrooms I don't think they need to change it.

I haven't bought any mushrooms (and in 11 levels still haven't gone through the 25 they gave me at the start) and haven't noticed any differences between the other players and myself. The game seems to be wonderfully balanced, even with some players being able to pay for bonuses.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Dummy

I think this forum is getting off topic and we should talk about the idea of having an auction house. My idea would be to have the auction house with rooms for different level ranges so low levels can't have amazing weapons.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Blacksmith

I dont like this idea, the weapon shop is enough

Before you ask, search here for it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Skype™ to Justin Ninja

I would LOVE to be able to trade and auction off items!