Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Dummy

Default Auction House

Is there any way to put something like this in.Were we can can sell old gear or Rare items that our class cant use instead of selling it to the merchant.Or even changing the refresh timer on the Weapon/magic Shop merchant to every 2hrs or something.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Adventurer

I'm not sure I'd want to equip my enemies, but I'd definitely like the option of giving hand-me-downs to fellow guild members.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Dummy

i didnt think about that part.But a refresh timer of 2hrs on the merchants would be nice or a guild bank.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Dummy

was rejected on many occasions, since the items have no level restriction. Then could a level 1 player running around with a weapon by a lvl 100 player
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Here's the problem with a 2 hour refill on the merchants. Player A logs on and sees an item they can not afford yet, but want. It is the start of the day. With the current system, Player A can complete Arena fights and Quests for additional gold, silver, and the occasional mushroom. If it takes 30 minutes or 100 minutes to earn the cost of the item, then the current system allows for that with relaxation and no sense of impending doom.

With the proposed 2 hour refresh, Player A must rush through the time and hope he/she is able to raise enough to afford the desired item. This can lead to frustrated players losing the option to buy items they desire along with a sense of frustration.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Blacksmith

yeah I like having the whole day to earn my items because I would be one of those frustrated players. Since I work at a job that does not allow me to get on during the day I like to know that there is no rush to get items.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Dummy

how about making the refresh option not cost mushrooms? but it will allow the refresh to items which are around your level? so you wont get like lvl 10000 items....because honestly im level 8 and i have a level 2 weapon because i used my shrooms to buy a dragon for transportation right in thebeggining and havent found ANY mushrooms yet........like im starting to lose quests because my weapon blows sooo harrrrddd.....OMFGGG
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via AIM to FluffCake

Weapons don't have levels. So unless you mean armor you got at level two....

Anyway.
The refresh is fine. Maybe at the most one free refresh but even then it's perfectly fine as it is. You get new items every day that, for the most part, seem to be better as time goes on. As multiple people stated in other threads you don't really need to worry about items too much early on.

On to the actual topic.
Auction house = no go. Just for the fact that it then gives this game an economy. That means people can price things for what ever they want. So who ever spends the most time can just buy things right from the get-go and be more powerful than they should.

To counter act that level requirements could be placed on items but that seems like a lot of pointless work for something that in all honesty isn't needed at all.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yev View Post
how about making the refresh option not cost mushrooms? but it will allow the refresh to items which are around your level? so you wont get like lvl 10000 items....because honestly im level 8 and i have a level 2 weapon because i used my shrooms to buy a dragon for transportation right in thebeggining and havent found ANY mushrooms yet........like im starting to lose quests because my weapon blows sooo harrrrddd.....OMFGGG
I have a feeling the 24-hour refresh was put in for a reason... but maybe a one-free-refresh-per-day option would be acceptable? With further refreshes (refreshments?) costing mushrooms.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Why would they want to give something, a refresh in this case, and replace an action that folks have probably spent the equivalent of money on? Each mushroom has a monetary value outside of the game. When you win a mushroom randomly, it is the equivalent of the game giving you money. To replace even 1 mushroom cost for an action, is to negate the money that folks have spent to accomplish that action, already. It also negates a money earning method that the game employs.