Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Dummy

Default This needs to be Worked On...

As far as I see it mushrooms are required for WAY too much. I'm more than well aware this is how the game earns money for its troubles but ALL the better items in the weapons shop at least require you to spend at LEAST one mushroom along with the gold and silver to purchase it. This to me is unfair completely. This allows those people who CAN afford to spend money the luxury of getting the better items over those that can't spend real money on mushrooms. No matter how much more the person that can't afford to buy mushrooms plays and how much more he's dedicated to the game, the person putting up the real money for the mushroom will be leaps and bounds ahead of him. To me this is crap and should be boo'ed. And I don't want to hear how you get mushrooms sometimes from quests either as I've only gotten ONE through gaining NINE levels and doing well over 50 quests now.

This needs to be fixed and fixed fast if this game is to remain fair.

- Kaldaron
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, I've gotten 5 mushrooms on quests, and I'm level 7.

Of course paying should get you some advantage. I mean, otherwise, why would you pay? Maybe you should stop paying mushrooms for stuff you're going to throw out tomorrow anyways.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Wannabe Griffin

I believe one mushroom should be worth at least 10 gold in-game, perhaps you should be able to convert gold into mushrooms at a high price; but this game does need funding to continue and the mushrooms the weapons ask for aren't THAT high, just be more conservative with mushroom spending and save up strategically until you can afford it. 100 mushrooms for 10$ can last you a very long time.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via AIM to FluffCake

"You can get mushrooms from quests"
I've gotten one every day i've played this from quests. So you are just unlucky.

Anyway, you need to realize there isn't any point in actually paying mushrooms for items, especially this early on. Most of my good stuff has been quest rewards. Heck, the only thing i've actually purchased from the shop was a ridiculously good body piece that was just gold.

It's not always going to cost mushrooms. They are just optional. Everything is optional. It's not unfair. It's just you being a little upset because you can't get something you'll find a better version of in a few levels.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Mushroom Collector

95 quests on german6, got 5 mushrooms
95 quests here, got 0 mushrooms
83 quests on uk, got 3 mushrooms

I think I am having a bit of bad luck on this server.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Adventurer

I've found 2 in 36 quests. I hadn't thought that was particularly lucky until I read this thread...
Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Adventurer

Someone posted in a different thread that you have a higher chance of getting mushrooms from quests the worse your mount is (with the highest probability with having no mount at all). The longer you have to suffer through a timer to battle, the better you're rewarded with random events.

Makes sense to a point, but it still sucks for those of us who chose to buy a good mount before finding that out...
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Mushroom Collector

Only numbers I have seen regarding mushrooms and mounts was 8% with no mount and 5% with the 50% reduction mount. The 5% still ends up better than the 8% though since you get twice the chances. Without the mounts I would have only done 47ish quests.

Just got my first mushroom on quest 101. Not exactly sure, but I think there is only a 0.6% chance of not getting a mushroom after 100 tries if i is 5%.

Last edited by Pratfall; 04-06-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I wish the chance to get a mushroom would be increased. Or have some quests give mushrooms as rewards instead of items/gold
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Mushroom Collector

I have to agree that it seems a little unfair for those who can't afford to pay for mushrooms but I just recently got to lvl 5 and I've gotten about 8-10 mushrooms from quests. I think a chance percentage be placed on different quests for mushroom gainage