Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Truffle Shuffler

well I've really taken alot of this to heart and doing my best to follow this 'program' for selection.

I recorded xp for my toon and had another guildie; at almost the same level (and approximately the same scrapbook %) give me his info for 3 days now based on choosing xp/time to create a reasonable avgXP/seg value.

Looking at what Bull indicated (which was also my thought), I wondered if it was worth finding away to pass this info on?

Both toons are approximately 38% for scrap at the moment (although that value has changed over the past few days of recording) so the avgXP/seg will be slightly off for others but I'd assume it's still be an ok marker to use.

As indicated before, I'm a 30 mount and 100 thirst freebie player (so is the other character I got samples from).

I covered a lvl 112 and 113 to come up with a 40,954 AvgXP/seg value. I'm hoping a 3 day sample is enough.

I'm still not sure exactly how frequently I should re-sample at these levels (every other level? Every 3 to 5 lvls?) The values between 112 and 113 are marginal so I'd assume 3 to 5 lvls might be the way to go which means that an avgXP/seg could cover a small range in the chart (that I'm hoping someone will create I sure don't mind collecting data though).

To be clear, I did as Charista suggested. Took my end of day XP minus my start of Day XP and divided by 31 (based on my thirst and segment length). I did that over 3 days, Then took the total of all the samples between the 2 toons and divided by the total number of samples taken to come up with that 41k value.

I'm now implimenting the 'XP program' suggested for quest selection and using/tracking through a spread sheet (not that I expect it to show anything other than a % gain over the XP/time but it's easier to punch it all in and have it tell me which quest to pick )

elk
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Adventurer

I have now, officially, caught everyone on S1.

I admit that some of that is due to Scrapbooks. Not all of the top 15 decided to maximize their books, and that can be used to cast doubt on my claims about questing and how to use your dungeons. I may not hold it, if others kill dungeons soon. Bain just dropped 123, but he was behind by too much to catch up to me because he missed a few days. I do have one more in hand on the others.

And I'm sure you all want to know how bad it is at L275. Yep, it's a Threshold. 4.3 days per level before 275, 6-7 after. My max quest reward was 2.2mill at 274, and now it's 1.5mill, so you can do the math on that one. I know you are all looking forward to this pain. That's how bad 250 was before scrapbooks, so all scrapbooks did was push everything out 25 levels. The S1.DE server with its L300's are in even worse pain, I imagine. 12 days, I'd guess.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Sheep

You and I don't always see eye to eye on tactics, Charista, or on many things, for that matter. However, this piece of work is excellent and a good solid read.

I shall recommend it and even provide a link to it from our forums.

I can see now that the book has more relevance than I've been placing on it. Thank you for the enlightenment and congratulations on your rise to the top.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks for the great guide Charista!
btw it should be 29 segments for a 30 mount, shouldn't it?
The Following User Says Thank You to mist For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-19-2011)
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Adventurer

28.57 actually. It doesn't divide evenly. It's 28 segments for 98 minutes. Bu the last quest 2 minutes is scaled: the game scales the reward down to 2 minutes. (Ie. if it rolled a 1000XP 7 minute quest, the offered reward will be 1000/7*2 = 285XP.) There isn't any rounding up (except for the last digit, which is less than 1% in this case), because the game doesn't round up.

That's for the first 100 minutes. Like the final quest for 300 minutes on 50 mount which is exceptional, I expect the last quest for 30 mount is too, but I can't prove that at this time.

Last edited by Charista; 09-11-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

In that case I'll have to change my calculations for a 30 mount to
Code:
ave_xp/seg = xp/100_thirst / 28.57
and deal with decimal numbers from now on

The last quest often tends to be slightly better for me.

Last edited by mist; 09-11-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Mushroom Collector

there is an easter egg in the game that allows for a full xp if you burn 10 shrooms before your last mission and end with 2 1/2 minute mission for your final one
Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks a lot for this thread. I am new and just starting, and was sent here by another member. I am SO glad that I read this before I started playing.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thumbs up I just can't get enough...

Can this be also applicable to all those non-shroomer players?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiscira View Post
Can this be also applicable to all those non-shroomer players?
Yes, Phiscira. I state early in the work that the only difference for non-Shroomers is the scale. Non-shroomers gain levels at 1/4 shroomer rate, and that is the only difference. You will never compete with a shroomer, but if you accept that and only cmpete with non-shroomers, you will have success with the same methods I describe.