Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
If the Fortress Ranking was based on Upgrade instead of Honor, this would be less of a problem.

I get 0 rewards for attacking because my Fortress is at least 4 levels above the #2 Fortress on my server and at least 8 levels above the rest of my server population.

Yet, I HAVE to attack in order to stay in the top 5 ranking because of the Honor system.

Its basically a waste of my soldiers for a broken PvP system.

So, since I have to defeat opponents anyway, why not let my guild know who I am defeating, so they can attack as well and reap the rewards that I'm not allowed to receive.

Fix the system, and the "abuse" will end. Change the ranking to be based more on Upgrade and less on Honor.
I see nothing broken with the system. system is u get less rewards the higher lvl your fortress is then u since u say next best fortress is 4 lvls lower then you then u get no rewards. BUT you do get honor. system seems fine to me. seems your complaint is that you get nothing to pay for your lost troops IMO that's the cost to stay the ranking YOU want to be in.

As for the part about letting guidlies know of a weakened player nothing wrong with it but remember hw it makes your guild and guild members look to those you might want to recruit someday to join your guild. I have seen players not join a guild because of arena attacks and how so many ppl care about what happens in fortress even more then arena ever was it can make recruiting harder if not impossible.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I see nothing broken with the system. system is u get less rewards the higher lvl your fortress is then u since u say next best fortress is 4 lvls lower then you then u get no rewards. BUT you do get honor. system seems fine to me. seems your complaint is that you get nothing to pay for your lost troops IMO that's the cost to stay the ranking YOU want to be in.

As for the part about letting guidlies know of a weakened player nothing wrong with it but remember hw it makes your guild and guild members look to those you might want to recruit someday to join your guild. I have seen players not join a guild because of arena attacks and how so many ppl care about what happens in fortress even more then arena ever was it can make recruiting harder if not impossible.
I understand the system, but this was a response to OneGuild vs. OnePlayer mentioned before. I don't condone that action whatsoever, but I do let my guildies know who I attacked for honor points so they can get some quick rewards.

I'm not even worried about the cost of anything, it just sucks that I HAVE TO attack someone to stay up in the rankings. If it were up to me, I wouldn't attack anyone, there is no need for me other than the Honor Rankings (and since I'm a very competitive player I like to see myself on or near the top).

Yes, I play the game competitively, I think many people do, which is why there is a hall of fame in the first place.

So, for my scenario, changing the rankings to upgrade instead of honor would remove the need to attack anyone.

I don't like it, I don't want to do it, but I have to do it to stay near the top of the rankings.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Blacksmith

And what will happen when everyone upgraded everything? everyone will have same number of points? everyone will be first?

You can do nothing in arena and youll fall down quickly. Its the same way. You fight to stay up.

Last edited by Tilithia; 02-03-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
And what will happen when everyone upgraded everything? everyone will have same number of points? everyone will be first?

You can do nothing in arena and youll fall down quickly. Its the same way. You fight to stay up.
Everyone Upgraded Everything? That will never happen, Playa will always expand.

That's like saying what happens when everyone is level 400, its not going to happen.

So, if we keep the Honor system in the Fortress, we should allow loss of honor, like the original hall of fame.

A win = 1 point
A loss = -1 point

That would bring a much better balance.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Blacksmith

Yes much balance for the top 0.1%, for people who get gang-attacked, their honor will reach 0 in no time. The system is good as is. I would only suggest to give honor points for people who successfully defend their fortress against attacks. Separated tabs for top attackers and top defenders would also be nice.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
Yes much balance for the top 0.1%, for people who get gang-attacked, their honor will reach 0 in no time. The system is good as is. I would only suggest to give honor points for people who successfully defend their fortress against attacks. Separated tabs for top attackers and top defenders would also be nice.

That was the whole complaint about the arena attacks, and that was addressed.

Someone could sit on you in the arena and attack you all day long and lose, and as long as they had enough honor points below you, nothing would happen to them. When they got lucky and won, you were screwed, and had no way of attacking them back to get the honor returned.

I think there should be something given for people defending as well. The other player simply losing their soldiers is not a big deal when the attacked fortress has to replenish their archers and mages at the same time.

Maybe something like if someone loses to someone else, they lose their soldiers and 5 or 10% of what they have in their fortress. Kind of like thinking they are running away and leaving everything sit there so the victor gets to collect the loot.

I honestly can't fault BMW's thinking with telling his guild who he has attacked. I recall starting on w1 as a new server and everyone was trying to get enough gold to buy upgrades, which is difficult when everything is brand new, and looking for people through arena attacks who were bleeding gold and telling fellow guild members who I was getting gold from in large amounts. I also remember finding new items needed for the scrapbooks and telling the whole guild who had the item. It IS rather a gang mentality, but it makes sense in a way.

We are all also trying to upgrade our Hall of Knights, so if BMW is telling his fellow guild members who he has attacked, then that can improve their chances of having the "extra" resources to upgrade that.

There are always two sides to the coin. Yes, we all sit here and think the massive guild attacks against one player suck, but can you say you haven't seen someone say in guild chat, "So and So has this item for the SB if you need it," and then not and went and attacked them if you needed the item?

I can't say I haven't done it, because I have. I've created scrapboook databases with names of people to attack for whole guilds. It's the same mentality - helping out the rest of your guild.

This is a fighting game; it may not be an aspect of the game you use (as I don't use the arena very often, and I haven't at all since the most recent changes to it) but it IS a game where PVP is offered and an option.

We'll never be totally happy with any game out there, but Playa works to try and keep it balanced.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 02-04-2016, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Everyone Upgraded Everything? That will never happen, Playa will always expand.

That's like saying what happens when everyone is level 400, its not going to happen.

So, if we keep the Honor system in the Fortress, we should allow loss of honor, like the original hall of fame.

A win = 1 point
A loss = -1 point

That would bring a much better balance.
Well hopefully at some point they will stop expanding it maybe when they come out with something new they will as to time consuming and imo a waste of time. But I do like the idea of losing honor for losses I also would add that wins and losses should be 5 points not 1.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Truffle Shuffler

http://imgur.com/3VCbYzQ
Maybe the new patch is working for some player.But I don't care how many times they attacked me.I just wanna know.when you in the protection,they still can get resource from the woodcutter's Hut and quarry which you don't claim.So your only way is attacking other player to get enough resource for your building if you can find someone weaker than you and he has a lot of resource.I emphasize that please give us a new way to get resource for upgrading building.
Btw. NPC opponent also is a good solution to BMWGuinness.High Fortress lv can find the rare NPC reward more honor.Would you mind consider this suggestion?I will be grateful for it.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Blacksmith

Yes even with protection people can still fight you to get your unclaimed resources. claim them often enough and they wont take any/much.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Because I enraged them.They attacked me is not for resource.They thought their attacked will make me give up this game.Maybe oneday I don't have time to play this game,but I won't be leaved by them.