Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
What's the fuss about nationalities and languages? Let's keep it simple. You play a game and have a question. It stands to reason that you ask the question in your native language... US/UK -> English, IT -> Italian, FR -> French and so on.

There isn't an offical S&F forum or a main forum...it is one company and one game. You won't get faster replies by posting in multiple and/or different forums. The local community managers just provide support for different languages but all share the same company, content, knowledge base.

In brief: "what season is it?" can be asked in many languages but the answer will be always the same.
Or: have a problem with your iPhone? Contact Apple but it does not matter if you contact the English or German support as it is one company.
The fuss is that my account was deleted by the mods after my decision to declare that I would no longer post.

I'm going to sleep on this and decide if its time for me to stay or go. Spent too much money on this game and seems to be more of a chore these days than fun.

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 07-23-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:05 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I'm going to sleep on this and decide if its time for me to stay or go. Spent too much money on this game and seems to be more of a chore these days than fun.
I had a similar problem one day. In the end it's all about fun and good company in game and forums. I think this is what you should think about. Don't let some managers ruin your experience.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:14 AM
Blacksmith

Wink

Quote:
The fuss is that my account was deleted by the mods after my decision to declare that I would no longer post.

you involved into big flame topic most people think that KO* is not right etc

one more question ? did you created official support ticket on issue with earth 17 pet ?
Old 07-24-2016, 04:30 AM
Mushroom Collector

As a player who follows the situation in both forums, the German and the US, since years, I found BMWs posts in the German forum always very helpful.
Surely the posts with the (google) translator were a bit confusing but they were very helpful - for sure more helpful than confusing.

You have the know that some mods and also some members in the German forum are "arrogant pricks". If a newbie has a question, considering he's feeling lucky to have found the right section, often the first answer is "use the search function". I can understand that they don't want to answer the same question over and over again but this behaviour is not very nice.
Some people said, that they have fear to post something because there is a high chance to be blamed by these "arrogant pricks".

Yesterday the situation escalated (again). It started with the anger about not fixing a bug for 8 weeks and headed to criticism about the communication policy of Playa Games and their mods.
A lot of people now have **** up pet strategies but in the end it turned out that the real problems are the communication policy and the behaviour of some "players" (to not say mods)...

S i l e n c e

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 07-24-2016 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Removed a curse.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelenfeuer View Post
As a player who follows the situation in both forums, the German and the US, since years, I found BMWs posts in the German forum always very helpful.
Surely the posts with the (google) translator were a bit confusing but they were very helpful - for sure more helpful than confusing.

You have the know that some mods and also some members in the German forum are "arrogant pricks". If a newbie has a question, considering he's feeling lucky to have found the right section, often the first answer is "use the search function". I can understand that they don't want to answer the same question over and over again but this behaviour is not very nice.
Some people said, that they have fear to post something because there is a high chance to be blamed by these "arrogant pricks".

Yesterday the situation escalated (again). It started with the anger about not fixing a bug for 8 weeks and headed to criticism about the communication policy of Playa Games and their mods.
A lot of people now have **** up pet strategies but in the end it turned out that the real problems are the communication policy and the behaviour of some "players" (to not say mods)...
Well there is a search feature for a reason; that being said yes somethings can be hard to find but I have also seen ppl ask the same question someone asked not even a week b4 and if they had just looked in the section they posted in it would have been a few threads down.

I have used please use the search feature myself plenty of times especially when it is obvious that the player hasn't tried to look for the topic they posted about.

As for what happened over at the German forums I have my opinion on that but will be keeping that to myself as I don't post there nor am I a mod there. I will say this though the German forums are the busiest of all the s+f forums and also have the most servers that it covers.

To Playa: the bug that has caused this issue was reported about 8 weeks ago. Why hasn't the bug been fixed or if couldn't be fixed in time then why wasn't the community told so as giving us info would have stopped most of the backlash of the bug still around after 8 weeks. Please keep the community informed as it shows you care about your customers for one and keeps said customer somewhat happy even when there is an issue.

I know the devs don't come here but Leander if you could please pass that last paragraph along to them if you would.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Fidget's Griffin

One of the things I love about this forum is the tolerance we have. I very much enjoy our community, our mods and our community leader.

Did I report the bug in this forum? Yes
http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=8162

Did I report the bug in the German forum? No - However, I did post an informational forum topic similar to this one, in order to let everyone in the German Forums know, and informed them that I posted the bug report in the US Forum.
http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74412

You'll notice I posted in broken German first, then in English, as I was asked to do. I'm being told now that because of this act, I actually posted 2 bug reports, and I'm assuming that is part of why my account was deleted. Also, I annoyed KO771 for asking about it in chat - http://forum.sfgame.us/showpost.php?p=56326&postcount=7

The other part likely a reaction to me offering my resignation to posting in the german forum. It had happened once before (Fortress Era), for similar reasons (language barrier), but I was asked back to continue to help contribute, which is why I created the BMWGuinness sfgame.de thread here, so the German members could subscribe to my thread and we could help each other (I've really enjoyed the comradery in this thread).
http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=8140

---------------------

I don't want to quit, I have a responsibility to my guild. But I'm not sure if i want to continue either. Yesterday, I almost didn't quest because I lacked the desire, and I am OCD about these things. Part of that is my competitiveness and desire to be on top. I'm currently level 282 on s10 which is higher level than anyone on s9 (launched 1 year prior), equivalent to 3rd on s8 (launched 2 years prior), 2nd on s7 (launched 3 years prior?) etc. I don't want to let my guild down, but I also don't see what else there is to do on the horizon.

We've had the most epic coup d'état in the history of US servers, we've defeated/absorbed 7 or 8 guilds in our history and early on I made a guy who threw hundreds of dollars in mushrooms at an attempt to beat me, concede. Now we're in the long haul ... from 380 to 400 and from 400 to 500.

The Fortress and Pets have made this (the long road) enjoyable (though I will admit, missing Nipprabs by a day because I wasn't familiar with Whitsun sucked, and now having to wait a year because of it).

----------------

I'll stay for my guild and for the members here, I owe them that (thanks for the kind messages), but I am deflated and no longer excited about the game.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:

----------------

I'll stay for my guild and for the members here, I owe them that (thanks for the kind messages), but I am deflated and no longer excited about the game.
Whatever your reasons, I'm glad you are staying.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
The Following User Says Thank You to MedusasSnakes For This Useful Post:
BMWGuinness (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Blacksmith

BMW,even though your posts sometimes drive me crazy (although I keep it all to myself), your findings and comments on pets and fortress are very helpful. I too am glad youre staying
BMWGuinness (07-24-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Community Manager

The bug was forwarded. I don't know why the pet was not found during the gold event. Either the bug was not fixed or there was a new bug.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Eggman95 (07-25-2016), Seelenfeuer (07-25-2016), Tilithia (07-25-2016)