Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to Elyst
Cool I've had it

I've just about had it with you and your stupid policy against brands being mentioned.

I don't really get why can't we post our stuff the way we want it. this is why I've been growing to hate this forum, because I have to think twice and sometimes wind up deleting full posts because I mentioned a brand or another video game.
Freedom of speech is a very nice thing that's pretty much in each and every country. I can post whatever images I want and say whatever I want (suffering the consequences if I've done the wrong thing of course)!

If a company sees their name or their pictures in this forum and turns to playa Games to sew them or whatever all they have to say is "each user is free to post what they want but they will also have to face the consequences, so take it on the user and not us!".
I don't really see the point of banning people for naming brands, as far as I can tell the brands themselves support that since it's free advertising for them.

Say what you want about this but I think its stupid and foolish for Playa Games to do this crazy hunt for posts that name brands and companies, what each of us say is our entire responsibility and no one else's.
If you ask me it's just a stupid policy for you guys to keep opposing companies and games from receiving free advertisement. Playa Games as shown so many times their greedy side... which is their only side. So many freaking suggestions came out about so many adjustments that need to be made in the game, instead all that Playa does is shroom sales and removing the limits of shroom use so they can capitalize more.

... I don't give a **** but you're not gonna catch me buying shrooms for this game EVER!

PS: WHAT? Am I gonna get banned for saying the truth or using a swear word!?? As far as I know **** isn't a swear word. and if THIS isn't true... then prove me wrong.
Lord Arse (09-18-2011), ToscanToss (09-22-2011), WebsteR (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Elyst, who ever said you could not have an opinion? As long as you are polite about it, there are no problems. It would be nice if we could say that to the company that sued Playa Games, however that is not how the law works. It is my job, as it is iTZKooPA's, Leander's, KO771's, and everyone else with any control over the forums or game to insure that Playa Games abides with the legal decision that was reached. Also, copyright protected content is not only your responsibility but the site that hosts it. As such, posting protected work is not allowed.

If you don't want to buy mushrooms because you wish to violate the law and leave Playa Games at legal risk, that is fine. However, the company and its representatives will continue to enforce the rules.

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-18-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 PM

i agree with bullbound I know I wouldnt want this game to have to end because someone thought it was there right to post something that is clearly stated in there policy not to post. then playa has to shut down because of it and someone will do that if they thought they could get more money from sueing them and shutting them down. plus what is so hard in following the rules anyhow?

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-18-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added content
Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Blacksmith

I mentioned another browser-based game just the other day. It wasn't an advert, wasn't promotional, wasn't abusive... I was just mentioning it. Got myself a warning

Fair enough, those are the forum rules. It slipped my mind. It's just... why on earth do they have to be so incredibly rigid?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
Gynx (09-20-2011), ToscanToss (09-22-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Blacksmith

I dont get why they have to give infractions wouldnt it be better to just remove the post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WebsteR For This Useful Post:
Lady Java (09-19-2011), ToscanToss (09-22-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Mushroom Collector

all I don't get is why can't you mention a certain game, company or brand just to prove a point or show an example of smth, like "snf should have an UI more like the game X".

That signature of yours Bullbound, do you own it? Did you draw that yourself??
Or did you just google "goblin sitting on a rock with a pole" and wrote on top of that Bullbound with fancy letters? Aren't you violating your own rules.

AND what of iTZKooPA??? You don't tell me that turtle doesn't belong to some videogame, oh man I can already hear the game company of that videogame (that starts with an N and ends with endo with int in the middle) lawyers reading their weapons, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Last edited by Elyst; 09-18-2011 at 04:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elyst For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (09-22-2011), WebsteR (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 05:10 PM

personally i dont know what is the get about the rule you are complaining about they have had problems in the past the ruling says they cant allow it simple as can be.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Blacksmith

Bobo I get that the thing i dont get is why they have to give infractions instead of just removing the post.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyst View Post
all I don't get is why can't you mention a certain game, company or brand just to prove a point or show an example of smth, like "snf should have an UI more like the game X".

That signature of yours Bullbound, do you own it? Did you draw that yourself??
Or did you just google "goblin sitting on a rock with a pole" and wrote on top of that Bullbound with fancy letters? Aren't you violating your own rules.

AND what of iTZKooPA??? You don't tell me that turtle doesn't belong to some videogame, oh man I can already hear the game company of that videogame (that starts with an N and ends with endo with int in the middle) lawyers reading their weapons, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
For your first one, it was already answered; a legal case forced the rule. That is why. If you don't get it, then I can't help you because I do not teach law and I can not explain in intricate detail with generic words why a legal ruling and law must be upheld.

As for the signatures we use, they are not copyright protected images, and if they are no one has brought it to the attention of Playa Games GmbH. That is the big difference between what you are complaining about and the reality. iTZKooPA's signature for example, uses a picture that is designated as public domain. It is not protected by a legal theory, rule, torte, or law.

Webster, there must be penalties to infractions of standards and rules, otherwise there is no adherence to them. The infractions are also given, because that is the policy of operations that you agreed to when you created your account in regards to the Terms and rules. Playa Games has entered into an agreement with you when you create an account. You agree to follow the rules, they agree to take punitive action when you do not. If you want to know why punishments exist for violations of rules and laws, then that is a completely different subject that deals with ethical and legal theory, sociology, psychology, and evidence based practices.

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-18-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added reply to Webster
Old 09-19-2011, 03:21 AM
Mushroom Collector

so why come there are other forums that not only allow but have people review names and brands and such and they don't get any law related problems.

I think this is being overzealous, you were probably sued by a company and possibly because the comics made far to clear references to the game. Now as a measure of "protection" you simply deny your clients to make any use of any brands. I doubt mentioning a brand on a post could provide any legal issues.
ToscanToss (09-22-2011)