Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Change Class

We currently have the ability to change appearance (including sex and race) through the options screen.

I did a search for "change class," and was able to find a post from someone else who wanted to change CLASS -- so I know I'm not alone. I'd desperately like to change from Archer to Mage, but the only way to do it seems to be to delete my current account.

I'd be happy to buy mushrooms and spend them on a class change if it meant I didn't have to throw away 8+ months of "hard work." Yes, I realize there is an equipment issue; weapon types are not the same.

I guess here's my suggestion, in a nutshell:

Add Class change to the Options screen, with a mushroom cost. To simplify the process, the character cannot have any weapon equipped when changing class. (Of course, it would be really neat if any weapon in the backpack changed to a random weapon of similar level in the new class!)

No matter what, thanks for listening, and for giving me a game I have enjoyed so much this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skydance For This Useful Post:
Kanat (09-25-2011)
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Here are just a few problems I see with this idea. 1) All gear is class specific, not just weapons. 2)You gain bonus stats based on your class at character creation. 3)The way folks spend their gear on stats would result in massively underpowered, high level characters. 4)If you lose access to all of your old gear, as you would need to, then you are left with no gear at all. Bonuses couldn't just convert, as each class has different ranges for bonuses.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Gold being spent to raise a different primary would be a waste -- I agree with that. Over time, as gold was spent to raise the new primary, it would become less and less of an imbalance.

Equipment isn't an issue. Toss all of it on the market (convert to gold), and the player can slowly build up a new set of equipment buying from the market. Remember, Guard Duty isn't affected by equipment, so a player who made this very difficult choice would still have a path to recovering from the setback.

In the end, it's much, much less of a setback than deleting a character you've played for 6 months. And, of course, it's the player's choice. I understand not wanting to deal with the whiners, though -- give 'em an inch, and they'll demand a yard, then gripe that you didn't give them a mile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skydance For This Useful Post:
Kanat (09-25-2011), rvm1975 (09-15-2016), Salantos (09-25-2011)
Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I think it would work just fine, Changing class would cost mushrooms and would put you on basically a list it might take days or weeks depending on the amount of people applying for the class change. The developers would then change your class and weapons. The stats would remain the same defence would change and so would your main attribute obviously, Strength would change to intelligence and vice versa. Of course you couldn't expect to be as well balanced as the players that started as said class but thats the sacrifice. The equipment keep their stats just change their picture to one of the selected classes equipment ( you've got a big list in your scrapbook who cares which you get as long as it gives the same basic stats after changing class) All that would change is your picture and the main stat there would also have to be a set decrease or increase percentile in Hitpoints also. I think its something the developers could do very easily as there would be only a few selected maybe a few hundred players that would change class. At $25 for your class change using 400 mush the developers would be crazy stupid to pass up this money making opportunity.

This is not in the realm of impossible, and doing the math $2500 for 100 players changing class or even double it make it 800 or 1000 mush to change class and you'll be rolling in money and you can abandon the risk of making new games like a possibly copyright infringing Bloodmoon.

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-25-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Please do not double post. Instead, please use the "Edit" button. Thank you.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:18 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Send a message via Skype™ to Saint

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread...but we really need this.

I'm a level 399 player, and creating a new account is not a solution for me...

Last edited by Saint; 09-15-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Community Manager

It's not possible technically and would only mess up gameplay if possible.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 09-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Send a message via Skype™ to Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
It's not possible technically and would only mess up gameplay if possible.
Okay, thanks for the answer.