Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Blacksmith

I'd buy that for a dollar!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-06-2011), ToscanToss (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Blacksmith

Um... I'm not a fan of super-ornate rococo.
(Guilded too - ugh, gives me a headache just imagining I'd have to look at it every day... that frame!... Oh, my eyes! The pain! )

So I'm afraid Playa will just have to pay me for that one... (Then I'd mute the colours on my monitor for S&F, desaturate them, or switch to B&W... )

[edit] Wait... what would you buy for a dollar?... we are still talking about the skin... hmm, that no longer sounds quite right either...
On second thought, and for the sake of my pristine and delicate innocence, never mind, I rather not know...

[edit 2] Seriously: I tried to look at that frame again, and it hurts my eyes!

Last edited by ToscanToss; 11-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
when you hover your mouse over the catapult it states "Each Giant Mushrrom (spelling mistake is accurate ) hits one fighter at random and does great damage to it".

I guess since it is "random" it could theoretically hit the same person three times...
in the new content patch it was said that 1 mushroom does 50% damage, so it is VERY unlikely that the same person gets hit THREE times.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Adventurer

I think they should GIVE you the new skin when you buy 1,000 mushrooms.

Then with the next patch, when you realize that you can't stand it any longer, they can charge you 5,000 mushrooms to change it back!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-09-2011), ToscanToss (11-11-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Adventurer

Oh, here is an idea from my wife about a good Weekend Task.

She thinks there should be one one weekend that allows you to donate mushrooms that you have found to your guild, even if you have not bought any.

Since almost all the guilds at the top have shroomers, this would allow the freeplayer, mushroom locked guilds, a chance to rattle their doors.

She also suggests some limits so that people don't start a bunch of new characters just for the mushrooms, etc.

For the curious, my wife is Ashi on s4 & Princess Ashi on s6.

Last edited by Rizathivax; 11-09-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Giving credit where credit is due.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Blacksmith

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkasha View Post
in the new content patch it was said that 1 mushroom does 50% damage, so it is VERY unlikely that the same person gets hit THREE times.
Gotcha! I was hoping to catch someone with this one (shame on you Toscan for "thank"ing him. tsk tsk. )

It is POSSIBLE for someone to get hit with it three times. It says it hits them for 50% damage, which means that if Player A has 100 hp, and gets hit, he goes down to 50hp, then gets hit again, he goes down to 25hp (not 0, tsk tsk if you thought this! ) then he could possibly be hit for a third time to bring it down somewhere around 12 or 13hp.

So yes it is rather unlikely, but possible.

Regarding the above post about the donating mushrooms. I LIKE IT! I think the easiest way to prevent people from abusing the privilege, at least for that weekend, is not to allow any players created DURING that time to donate their mushrooms. Of course, I say "easiest" not being a programmer or developer. Since these weekends are expected, but what occurs during that weekend isn't sprung on us until the last moment, I think that might be a way to handle the possible abuse. Great idea, Riz...or Riz's wife, as the case may be.

Last edited by DominicS; 11-09-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a comment to the above post.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (11-11-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default New gold skin

Just purchased the gold skin on s2, well worth the price. The triple warnings that the page tells you are to die-for-hilarious.

My brother also purchased it on his character, I attempted to view his char from my guild screen and it shows the skin. What a great 2,000 spent, ha ha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faithfulservant For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (11-10-2011), DominicS (11-10-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
Gotcha! I was hoping to catch someone with this one (shame on you Toscan for "thank"ing him. tsk tsk. )
A-HA! GOTCHA! OSS! (Osu shinobu)

See, I knew you'd want to catch me, so I 'thanked' in order to catch you trying to catch me, catcher in the rye!
(No... No, I did not... But I can pretend I did! )

It's not 50% of remaining CON value / stamina / health that is taken into account, but the character's total amount of 'constitution.'

Otherwise we'd be dealing with radioactive half-life decay... here's Igor ("Eyegore" - Young Frankensteen's... ) and Jim-Bob to illustrate my bwilliant pointy point...

Igor growing his beets in the shadows of a ghost city...

Jim-Bob grew up a healthy young man (and grew, and grew...) near an active plant... (He also ate imported beets... Igor's, as it happened...). See for y'self:

Aaanyway... can you say infinity? (As in: 50% ad infinitum... or ad nauseam... )

It would take an ∞ number of Giant Mushrooms to estinguish that player's life, and since the PvP portion of the attack always comes after the GMs have done their dirty deeds done dirt cheap ( ), your first raid would be yer last, mate - it would consequently outlive all of us, into ∞!
It would still be going on when the scorpions would be rulers of Earth, and cockroaches would be running the 'internets.'
(Oh, wait... did that already happen?... )
DominicS (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Adventurer

Hey, has anyone seen the giant mushroom hit anyone that was NOT at full health?

Because IF they programmed it to only hit characters that are at full health, that would stop any character from getting hit multiple times or wasting it on someone who is not actively defending.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Blacksmith

Question

Yeah. They have hit some players at half health, Riz. Players who were just defending and not actively so.

@Toscan, you got me. I can't recall if a mushroom ever TOOK OUT a player. The few times I have seen it in action, it has hit players for half their health.

I don't recall reading that it was half of the constitution in toto, just 50% of the opponent's HP. Hmm, something to check into...

Tags
official discussion