Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Sheep

Default Mail .. what's going on?

I'm deleting the top post and the bottom one is disappearing? I'm just trying to delete the battle messages and now my important mail is gone.

This is the 2nd time today this has happened - even after I refresh the browser.

I keep a maximum of 5 - 10 mails, so it's not that my mailbox is full.

Can we get a fix for this fast?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:03 AM

i have the same problem in the past refreshing does make it go away for a period of time but after a couple of weeks it seemed to go away on its own. i always open my mail before deleting it should help you till your problem is resolved

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 11-13-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: editing
Old 11-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Mushroom Collector

This has been a problem for months Iola. Sometimes the mailbox goes nuts and opens/deletes the bottom mail instead of the one you are trying to open/delete. Lost all my ancient mails i wanted to keep months ago when i was deleting a long list of spam attacks. Got everything deleted, except the spam attacks that i was actually trying to delete that way...

I now do exactly what bobo says. I first open the mail and, if it is indeed the one that i wanted to delete, hit the delete button there.

Vistit our blog at scumbase.blogspot.com and have fun. And while you're at it, why don't you leave us a message?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Adventurer

It is the act of opening and reading mail that causes this problem. The more mails you open and read, the more likely it will occur. You can tell that it is going to happen when you open one mail and get a different one. Ghetto's solution works. Never delete mail from the mail list.

Refresh your browser page and the problem resets. You can cause it again by opening more mail.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Adventurer

These are all work arounds that I've also used for this very annoying problem.
I find it happens most often after reading through some mail, leaving the mail area and then coming back to it. The visual cursor realigns to the top message in your inbox, but the mail cursor is actually somewhere else in the list. You can realign this by selecting (but not opening) the top message in your mailbox, then using your UP arrow to scroll until you see another cursor come up from the bottom and match up with your initial cursor. Then things work properly again. .... Until they don't...

Last edited by Darstard; 11-13-2011 at 12:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
Iola (11-13-2011)
Old 11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Sheep

Thanks for your input guys, most especially yours, Dar.

These are all work-arounds. Leander, Bull, Itzkoopa ... can't we just get it fixed instead?

I keep minimal mail, but I know others who keep their maximum amount. Dar's solution would be incredibly time consuming for them.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iola View Post
Thanks for your input guys, most especially yours, Dar.

These are all work-arounds. Leander, Bull, Itzkoopa ... can't we just get it fixed instead?

I keep minimal mail, but I know others who keep their maximum amount. Dar's solution would be incredibly time consuming for them.
Hear! Hear!... I keep too many, that's too true... I grow too easily attached to friends' messages - even after saving them as text files, I often can't bring myself to just discard them.

And even knowing of this major mail bug, and encountering it all the time, and having worked out the same workaround as those above, I still ended up deleting stuff I considered important, unintentionally, while my mind was preoccupied, distracted...

For now, I just gave up, tired of asking and hoping for solutions and fixes that never seem to come, not in nearly three quarters of a year that I've been playing - past tense, as things stand, unfortunately... Life is short, with many things to do - can't wait for sleepwalkers to wake, indefinitely. (If and when they do, give me a shout.)
Dom, give that a listen... "Something to wake us from cultural slumbers... You f.... sleepwalkers, go on and sleep... go on and sleep..."

Eh, sensing I'm letting my bitterness show again, and it's not all game-related. Sorry about that. Better I should stop posting - done for today (at least)...
Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Adventurer

Iola, this is an ancient bug. More than a year old, maybe. They must have looked into it by now, or simply decided that the workaround is good enough and left it with a much lower priority than bugs with no workaround.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Sheep

Well, I hope you don't mind if I voice the opinion that it's BS to be waiting a year for fixes to chat and mail.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Supreme Adventurer

The chat and mail bugs were fixed and have returned. The mail, for example, worked fine for quite a long time, then a small bug appeared, was fixed for a short while, and then bugs started to appear again faster than they could be fixed. The same could be said for chat. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.