Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 3 > This is War!

Notices

This is War! Declarations of war, guild battles, guild war videos...

Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default The Golden Scout vs HoF Top 100

... The black scout is dead ...

... A golden scout emerges from his ashes ...

... And chaos was spread throughout the land ...

... Blood dripping from his Vuvuzela of Death ...

... 1000 deaths in a day ...

... The Misfits have been slain ...

... A new day has dawned ...

... To all opposition, heed my warning ...

... This is just the beginning ...

This is a declaration of war against the top 100 HoF. If you're not part of AoD and in the top 100, you will be attacked incessantly. You have 2 choices, you can join AoD or you can quit.

Rules of The Golden Scout

#1 If you complain to me - you will be attacked
#2 If you complain to my guild and I find out, you will be attacked
#3 If you threaten me - I will laugh and you will be attacked
#4 If you try to recruit me - you will be attacked
#5 If you qualify and join AoD, the attacks cease
#6 If you're part of AoD and need to attack me for SB, I will kinldy lower my weapon and invite you for a mug of ale
#7 I have a golden profile, do you think I care how many shrooms I waste by turning your mailbox red? I don't - you will be attacked
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Supreme Adventurer

So...you are threatening to bully everyone unless they join your guild which is full? What do you do if the top 50 are all in your guild? You can't go anywhere then. But yeah, you do realize that your guild can only fit 50 folks and has 50 folks, don't you?

Should I also point out that Gynx came on here challenging folks to give your guild a challenge and you are threatening to force folks to quit? That doesn't give your guild a challenge, and it does make you look a lot like the type of person folks around here severely dislike, an antisocial personality with a selfish need to do what you want with no regard for another individual nor the community.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Just a bit of background for forum members who haven't seen threads similar to this before.
Shakes & Fidgets is at heart a PvP game and it is completely within the rules for and individual to attack someone in the arena as many times and as often as his or her mushroom supply allows. This has the side effect of robbing you of some honour and gold, and causes the inconvenience of a full mail box. This behaviour is not considered abuse. If you think this should be changed that would be an interesting subject for another thread.

However sending Threatening mails or PM's is against the rules no mater what the circumstances are. Please send screen shots of the behaviour to support and keep all abusive mails.

That out of the way my personal opinion is that as a recruitment tool incessant attacking endears you to no one.
DominicS (05-02-2012), iTZKooPA (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Truffle Shuffler

For The Record:

This declaration is from an individual to individuals.

It is not a tactic for recruitment, I am not a guild leader nor am I a guild officer.

I did not seek counsel from AoD nor did they ask me to do this.

The fact remains that my target has switched FROM AoD TO the rest of the top 100.

This declaration goes out to those who do not enjoy being attack that they should either quit the top 100 or join AoD. Those are the circumstances that will cease attacks.

I receive threatening mail all of the time from players, but I simply delete them. I never hand out threats, I bring it to the battlefield. Threats are just a knee-jerk reaction to losing on the battlefield and it is to be expected from some players.

If you dislike the way I play the game, then change the rules. Until then, I will play within the bounds of the game to the best of my ability in a PvP environment.

Not everyone chooses "good".
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Valinor, I will point out once again that your term for a cease-fire by joining AoD is unreasonable as the guild is full. You are stating that you will attack anyone not in AoD until they quit. If AoD didn't sanction your or if they did, it doesn't matter. Your terms are still the same as a recruitment effort if the guild is indeed recruiting. Join me or quit the game, that is what you are saying. That is the essence of a recruitment post.

You can repeat your phrasing all you want, but the message is still the same. You are trying to force folks to quit by using the rules of the game so that you may rise in the ranks to stand at the top of the mountain. The only way folks can avoid the sometimes troublesome behavior is to join your guild, and that part is indeed a recruitment statement.

You don't have to be an officer or guild leader to recruit for a guild. I don't know if you were around when s1 opened, but folks would suggest that members join all different guilds based on play styles and wants. They were often not a member of the guild they were recruiting for, but they were using persuasive statements to draw player(s) to a particular guild(s). This was recruitment. What you are doing is making a statement that is the same as recruitment. If folks don't want to get attacked by you and wish to keep playing, then they need to join AoD. How is that not recruiting for AoD which is full currently?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Adventurer

From a different perspective..or at least..background....

Valinor used to be a somewhat annoying thorn in my side. He attacked me 20, 40, 75x, and I then mentioned to him via message that he can attack me all he likes, that it is part of the game, but that it is really annoying because of the mail issue (full or blinking..etc), especially as a guild leader. In fact another guild leader was recently attacked by him and mentioned a similar annoyance. Anyway, Valinor and I exchanged a few…pleasantries...and to be honest, he was always friendly in his messages, and always straightforward. I have had issues in the past with a certain member of a certain 2nd ranked guild who would curse me out after every single time he beat me in the arena. Valinor was the opposite. And the fact I won certainly offset any major issues…and really, losing in the Hall of Fame is only a problem if you care about your ranking. Sure, you may lose some gold...but buying stats, potions, donating to your guild can offset any monetary losses. And all those battles can help your Gladiator medal as well.

Valinor is correct in saying he is not an officer, nor was this plan of his mentioned to and/or endorsed by anyone in AOD. Nor do we condemn it. From a selfish point of view, I love the fact he is going to punish our adversaries. They may or may not care. When I was in Zombunny, we had a similar player named Charista...who would lower honour and beat people. He was a terrific “terminator” if you will...just would not stop, and I was simply glad he was on my side. If Valinor enjoys using shrooms all day to attack the same people, there is nothing I or any other officer or player can do to stop him short of either beating him so it seems fruitless for him, or booting him from our guild. But Valinor told me he was unhappy with a couple of things about the guild he was in and came to AOD. AOD is trying to get all 50 dungeons done and we currently can boast the highest bonuses on the server by a WIDE margin…176% and counting. Valinor will help us in that quest. If he leaves, it still is our focus.

Yes, his modus operandi in the game certainly can have some adverse effects, as well are looking for another guild to rise up and challenge us. Part of the game is friendly rivalries and the competitive nature. There are a few other guilds we are rooting for to rise up (whether by recruitment, merging or simply leveling), and truly only one we root against for numerous reasons. With the lack of merges, and competition, I don’t see how Valinor’s actions will truly force anyone to join us or for guilds to merge..etc…but that remains to be seen. Until then, we are simply glad he is on our side.

Last edited by Gynx; 05-02-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Blacksmith

the thing i am most confused about besides valinor in general is when did he join aod? i mean clearly i missed something. last i saw he was in iomt and pissing of jabroni with his posts. i guess i really should not be surprised at this point. this game just gets weirder and weirder.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralff For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Adventurer

Valinor joined on Monday.

If I choose to believe Valinor, then he told me he disliked the guild participation at IoMT and that he and at least other member of IoMT clearly did not get along.

Other opinions may suggest he is some sort of spy, working for IoMT.

He did ready up for our first dungeon raid with him.

Honestly, spies dont bother me because what the heck is there to spy on...when we are attacking or launching raids? Thats on our guild wall for anyone to read. Is it to see if I am some sort of bot? Sorry to disappoint IoMT, but I am active every single day except when on holiday. And if he should leave us after a few days or weeks and return to IoMT.well, we do not fear IoMT in the slightest..they havent beaten us in a battle in over a year
Otherwise, we hope he stays and enjoys himself in our guild. He has been friendly and chatty thus far.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Truffle Shuffler

:Out Of Character:

Bullbound,

I will retract my above statement if you can give me a viable alternative to the enjoyment I find in attacking the HoF. Currently, I'm nearing 17,000 successful attacks and would like to reach 20,000 as soon as possible. I don't believe that attacking and defeating my guild mates would be advantageous since participating in a guild is part of the enjoyment I find in the game. I find the meticulousness of the leader and officers of AoD and the camaraderie and chat of the entire guild fit the characteristics of what I'm looking for.

Before AoD, my target was AoD, so my actions are consistent with my gameplay (I didn't join AoD and then achieve 17,000 attacks). The only difference is my attention has moved away from AoD. If this is news to you, then it is probably because you're not in the crosshairs.

Clarification: Quit = Bow out of Top 100 - Anything below that does not intrigue me. I don't think anyone would "quit" because I'm attacking within constraints of the game.

:In Character:

Meh [Polishes Vuvuzela of Death]
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I'm not saying you can't attack them, I'm just saying that your terms are likely to cause one of a couple scenarios. The first is that the top folks join AoD when you start to beat them, to avoid you attacking them and as such it keeps you from climbing the HoF, and no guild will have a chance to beat them even if they did get the remainder of the top 100 together. The second is that it becomes a competition to stay below your meter, forcing much weaker folks higher in the HoF.

I don't have a great solution for you. If you are going for kill count only, there are a ton of folks below level 10 that are inactive. They won't even know if you are attacking them. The drawback to this is that it keeps you from gaining rank. The upside is that you don't risk one of the two scenarios.

Another possibility is to spread the attacks, regardless of guild. If you attack those that can give you 100+ honor, and attack them only so long as they give you the 100+ honor, then it maximizes your honor gain. However, that would include members of AoD. Attacking your own guild doesn't keep you from participating in guild activities, it just means you are in the same guild. Heck, some of them may even help catapult you up and down the HoF as needed.

The rankings, having been in the top 100 many times on several servers, do lead to several problems. The first, is honor. You won't gain honor from those outside of your range, so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Yes, there is a joy to testing yourself and to moving up the ranks. No, that won't be accomplished by attacking those to far below you. Unfortunately, there are times where that means you only gain by attacking the 3 folks below you, or those above you. I've been there and done that. I'm not saying you shouldn't attack folks. I'm not saying that at all. I just think you will gain more by spreading out your attacks if you are hunting for honor, or using the copy/paste on folks that don't care if all you are going for is a kill count.