Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 3 > This is War!

Notices

This is War! Declarations of war, guild battles, guild war videos...

Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Adventurer

one thing you have left out BB, is that he can drop honour to people in our guild..and then mercilessly attack people in other guilds to build it back up again.
It benefits our guild, it works fine for Valinor..so if Aod doesnt complain, if Valinor doesnt complain, and its within the rules..then theres no problem on that end.
Just about anyone can do it..however Valinor and a handful of other players have the funds to buy the necessary shrooms in order for it to be a "hobby" if you will.

That said..theres enough players that are ranked high enough that dont care too much about honour and/or dislike AoD enough to not ever join us. We dont want the top 50 players..theres enough players in the top 50 from IoMT and a few other guilds that we wouldnt ever invite anyway! We like the members of our guild and most have been with us a long time..hence the loyalty, the friendships, the terrific participation and subsequently, best bonuses on the server.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I never said anyone can't do it, Gynx. And I have not said he can't or should not attack a lot, ever. All I have said is that his terms have a high impact of causing folks to quit playing if he insists on spam attacking the same target(s) repeatedly until they quit the game (which has since been modified to drop out of the top 100) or were to join your guild. I know there are many that you will not take, which is why I saw a high potential for folks quitting this server. I know most of them have accounts on other servers and the filling of mailboxes with attacks by a single player repeatedly has in the past made some of the highest ranked folks quit the server entirely. That is why I offered several suggestions. As others have said and as I have now said many times, there is nothing wrong with attacking a large amount of times. What I am looking at, is the desired goal and offering some suggestions. No one has to use them, but we have seen this before.

Remember when one player offered prizes for helping build their wins count? That became a huge success. Yet, it wasn't long before that nor is it long after most servers open, that someone goes on a spam attack spree. When the same handful of players are attacked repeatedly, you can find the threads where they often quit to focus on other servers where they don't have to deal with it. Is it against the rules? Not at all as far as I can see. Are there other ways to go about what I perceive as the purpose(s) for this endeavor? Yes. I'm sure others have suggestions too. If this is just for the giggles, then it is for the giggles. I just dislike the absolute statements that were stated at the beginning of forcing folks to quit unless they bolster AoD. To me and others, it appeared to be a strong arm tactic for swelling the ranks of AoD and getting rid of any challenge that they could possibly face.

It appeared at the start of the thread, as if the concept was to drive away any players that may have wished to be a potential threat to AoD, and force them to leave the game. That statement has since been modified by Valinor. Once again, allow me to state since you seem to present the opinion that I'm against arena attacks, that I see nothing wrong with arena attacks. All I can comment on is what I perceive to be a threat against the competitive nature of this game that you yourself tried to promote, Gynx. It was you who called for other guilds to challenge AoD, and yet forcing players to quit the game (as was originally posted and is not the case now) would have worked against you. I commend Valinor for changing the approach, now to see how many folks start dropping honor on others like it is the plague.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Truffle Shuffler

War is an organized, armed, and often a prolonged conflict that is carried on between states, nations, or other parties typified by extreme aggression, social disruption, and usually high mortality.

War is thus an act of force to compel our enemy to do our will (Carl von Clausewitz)

This is War - 1vs100
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Adventurer

You just don't understand maths man...

Since you are in top 100, it is 1vs99!!

Last edited by demonwarrior; 05-03-2012 at 03:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to demonwarrior For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Supreme Adventurer

A quick count just showed about 35 or 36 members of the top 100 are AoD, including Valinor, so it is 1 vs 64. You forgot about the terms, demonwarrior.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Truffle Shuffler

hmm, you're right ... perhaps I should dump down to 151 and make it 1vs100 for the top 150