Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizari View Post
The catapult really is crap, though. When SK was fighting to hold rank and get higher, when rank 2-5 were at about the same strength, we tried catapult a few times, but it was ultimately useless. Far too unreliable for the costs.

Our biggest competitors (Fierce Warriors) were constantly using it on us, and occasionally it helped them win. But, more often than not they just catapulted a few of our lower members, making almost no difference in the fight. So, despite the potential of having helped us, we decided to not use it.

The feature would have been MUCH better if it didn't cost any shrooms. If the randomness of it was just always applied, making guild battles a bit more fun.
sounds like a good feature that needs to be tweaked.
Quote:
At your second point, your solution isn't a fix, it's an annoyance. It would disallow helping other guilds out (as some people do). It would disallow combined efforts to beat a raid. (which is what a lot of players are still playing for).

SF needs new content, not restrictions.
New content does not address georgeken's fundamental complaint, which is that his guild has no competition. everything else is just window dressing. A scrapbook that can be completed in a week does not substitute for daily battles against competitive guilds.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
SF needs new content, not restrictions.
exactly my point as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
New content does not address georgeken's fundamental complaint, which is that his guild has no competition
lol what? when did i say i care if there is no competition? my problem mate is that i cannot attack any guild, not the lack of competition. I dont care about competition in my server, i compete in global scale.

But that is off-topic, the topic here is that the game needs new content, an opinion which i also agree with

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 06-22-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Crusader

Quote:
lol what? when did i say i care if there is no competition?
correct me if I am wrong, but you were arguing that the developers should change the rules to allow you to attack guilds that are more than 3000 honor behind you in the standings because no one is within that range. After, if I am not mistaken, they changed the rules from 900 honor to 3000 honor, which does not seem to have fixed the problem to your satisfaction. I guess this interferes with the trivial exp bonus you would get from crushing your "competition" twice a day.

Wouldn't it be better to have a #2 guild against whom you really had to compete, where you would gain legitimate experience?

Quote:
my problem mate is that i cannot attack any guild, not the lack of competition. I dont care about competition in my server
How selfish. Sad, but at least you are honest. The developers, however, must cater to a wider audience.

Last edited by spiny norman; 06-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Adventurer

You're missing the thrust of his argument, spiny. Because his guild can't even launch an attack, the guild doesn't have anything to do. 50 people have no play related reason to go to the guild tab.
Option A - let them attack people anyway and just not get any honor.
Option B - provide new content so that there's another guild-wide activity for them to participate in.

That's what he's asking for.

Option B would actually be good for EVERYONE who plays the game. I'm not sure what audience wider than that you're looking to cater to.

PS. Two victories a day is a SIGNIFICANT amount of XP. Roughly 6% for someone using 300 thirst, more for those who use less.

Last edited by Darstard; 06-22-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added stuff.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Stable Boy

Best of luck Vizari and the other guildies.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
PS. Two victories a day is a SIGNIFICANT amount of XP. Roughly 6% for someone using 300 thirst, more for those who use less.
I'm not sure how they calculate xp for raids. But then again, I'm not sure how S&F calculates anything. The best I can say is the last guild battle I participated in the exp I got was equivalent to 5 min of training or less.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not sure how they calculate xp for raids. But then again, I'm not sure how S&F calculates anything. The best I can say is the last guild battle I participated in the exp I got was equivalent to 5 min of training or less.
From all I've seen, it seems to be at around 80-90% of max exp for a 4 segment quest.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Crusader

Quote:
From all I've seen, it seems to be at around 80-90% of max exp for a 4 segment quest.
I just got 230K exp from a guild battle, which is about what I get from a good 2 segment quest. meaning that for me, the exp from two guild battles a day is equal to about 10 minutes of training (with a dragon griffin). A bit less, since every quest comes with some gold and guild battles don't. So I would estimate for someone training for 300 minutes per day a single raid would give them a 1.5% boost and two guild raids a 3% boost. Perhaps the higher level players get higher bonuses, but you'd have to give me data. Everything else seems to diminish at higher levels.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
I just got 230K exp from a guild battle, which is about what I get from a good 2 segment quest. meaning that for me, the exp from two guild battles a day is equal to about 10 minutes of training (with a dragon griffin). A bit less, since every quest comes with some gold and guild battles don't. So I would estimate for someone training for 300 minutes per day a single raid would give them a 1.5% boost and two guild raids a 3% boost. Perhaps the higher level players get higher bonuses, but you'd have to give me data. Everything else seems to diminish at higher levels.
Weird. It's always been about 80-90% of a max 4 segment quest for me.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Crusader

It may reflect differences in guild upgrades or scrapbook. I'm at 124% for the guild and 93% from my scrap book, so I'm getting a 217% bonus over base from quests. If you are getting less from quests, this could explain why you get proportionally more from raids. Assuming that the guild and scrapbook exp bonuses do not apply to raids.

edited to add: those who complain that they cna't do guild raids and this causes them to lose exp have presumably upgraded their guilds and completed their scrapbooks, therefore, their guild raid exp should be similar to mine.

Last edited by spiny norman; 06-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.