Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Blacksmith

Default Dungeon Tower Showing Incorrect Rewards.

While Defeating Tower Dungeons this past week On Servers One & Two I noticed something odd about the Item rewards. I have seen over a half dozen rewards won on servers 1 &2 that where not actually the prize reward that was won.

What has been happening is this. The Tower Dungeon Reward Interface window has been showing the last Item I won off of a quest or one that was bought from the shop. I find it weird that it has been showing the most recent item equipped or bought from the shop instead of the item that was won.

Here are 3 screenshots showing what has occurred in Tower Dungeon 46 on Server 1

Tower Dungeon 46 reward

Tower Dungeon 46 Stats

Item Rewarded to inventory

Well there you have it. hope this helps.

Additional Info
Windows XP Pro SP3
Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Free VS 7.1
Google Chrome Browser. Version 25.0.1364.97 m
Newest Flash Version. 11,6,602,171
Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core Wolfdale OC to 3.75GHZ
Patriot 8500 ELK DDR2 2X1 GB
Seagate 2 TB HD
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx
The Following User Says Thank You to Evail Frog For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (03-04-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Truffle Shuffler

This happens to me when I end up completing a quest with a reward around the same time as I hit a dungeon with a reward. and maybe I only have space for one item.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvilTrace For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (03-04-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Crusader

as bugs go, it's pretty trivial. Once you go back to your inventory it displays correctly.

I'd put this on a par with the "city guard" bugs. Usually when I click on the city guard icon it does one of two things: it either bumps me back to the main screen, after which clicking on city guard works fine, or it displays the reward for a 1 hour city guard even if I click on a different number of hours. If I click on another different time, from that point on the rewards display correctly.

I'd rather see the developers work on new content than fix these minor bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The main programmers tend to handle the major feature development and leave the junior programmers/QA programmer to tackle smaller features and bugs. Playa tends to always have a few quality-of-life/bug fixes in each patch so it's worth keeping note of them.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Blacksmith

I figured I would post this on here rather than starting a new thread. I also don't know if this is just another bug or if it is one of the programmers having some fun by creating a hidden gem sometimes also known as an Easter egg but I could see a programmer intentionally hiding something like this in the game

Let me list a couple of reasons 1. its very funny 2. it looked really cool. 3 It is something that S&F cartoon characters would kind of do anyways.

I am smiling as I looking at the pic remembering the fight. Well I wont keep you in anymore suspence here is what happened when I went to fight in the Tower dungeon level 49 as I was fighting the Wizard Merlin when it came to my turn instead of showing my picture it showed the Weapons Shop Clerk I think that is Shakes ?

Anyways he fought in my place sending blasts of some weapon at Merlin hitting fairly hard but no harder than I could of done so Whatever weapon he was using it was based on the same or similar stats to my Bow. I just don't know what the weapon was. I had all the game animations turned off like I usually do. I must assume the weapon Shakes was using was the Ball from his paddle ball toy for that is what he is shown as holding

anyways here is a email explaining what happened, and a screen shot as well. It really was a darned hilarious fight. I only wish I had been using a video capture screen recorder So I could of posted a video of the fight so everyone could see the fight for themselves. The still picture does not do the fight justice at all

Anyways here is the Guild E-mail I sent after the fight

Hi Everyone
Here is a Link to tiny Pic where I posted a screen shot image of my Battle from the 49 level of the Tower Dungeons. Where I was supposed to battle with Merlin The Wizard but the game did something very strange. Instead of my picture showing up in the image box it showed an image of the Weapons Shop Clerk with his paddle ball

So Instead of me facing Merlin The Wizard it was the shop clerk who went into battle with his paddle ball, Unfortunately the Weapons Shop Clerk stats where blank, it did not show anything =( BUT it was a hilarious fight to watch

Unfortunately the battle was lost. I do wonder if it will happen again, either way it was way cool to see. I wish I had been using a video screen capture program so I could post a Video of the fight for all to see

I want to know how this happened & if anyone else has had this happen to them

http://tinypic.com/r/2cr0ej4/5

E.F
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 10-14-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Spelling changes and thought clarification
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM

I have never seen or heard of that one happening but is kinda cool.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 10-14-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Blacksmith

i want this to happen to me why cant it happen for me?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Did it happen when you battled him again?
Old 11-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Truffle Shuffler

the server should load the image from
.res\sfgame\res\gfx\scr\char
but it loaded the image from
.res\sfgame\res\gfx\scr\shops\shakes_spielt2

probably the ID is changed or messed up , also as iTZKooPA said.