Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Blacksmith

Question Epic new potion

Well I was thinking S&F could use a new potion..

My idea is this

The potion of dastardly deeds

It will boost all your Prime stats by a % calculated by your characters class and level.

It will last only half the length of time that a potion of eternal life does so 3.5 days.

having it be just as scarce as a potion of eternal life

cost the same as a potion of eternal life using the same scale rating.

this potion is capable of being temporarily boosted similar as if you equipped a constitution potion, While having a potion of eternal life equipped.

Well that's my idea for a way wicked potion to help with the boosting of the prime stats of what ever adventuring class of character you are using at the time.

what do you all think ?
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx
The Following User Says Thank You to Evail Frog For This Useful Post:
Con Mage (12-21-2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Constitution XL Potion + Potion of Dastardly Deeds + PoEL just sounds broken to me.

In addition, there is no cap on the level that a player can reach. How would you determine the % boost without breaking the game? If it were possible to get +10-20%, you would have many folks gaining the benefit of an XL potion in every stat. Combine it with an XL potion, and they just gained the benefit of having 2 potions for the same stat at the same time. That is a very large boost and also why Playa Games doesn't allow the stacking of potions for the same stat.

I don't know about others, but if someone is doing experience only quests, and got their hands on something like this, I can see that player temporarily being equal to someone who did gold only quests and reached the same level. The two characters are hardly equal, but they would be for a short while.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

That'd be a cool potion to add as a reward from dungeons. Like an epic version of potions to match the epic gear you can get. However, as BB pointed out, it's not a cakewalk to make sure it's balanced.

I've tossed some other potion ideas around, including one that raises the chance to find mushrooms or generate a small amount of extra gold. We'll see what sticks.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
Con Mage (12-21-2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Sheep

What happened with the suggestion of getting potions as quest rewards?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Blacksmith

Just want to add, PoEL is not uncommon at all. Just remember that it is stackable, and that the price increases with each level, so buy as many as you can, and stack them.

About the main suggestion, some new potions would be fun. I´d like some a bit stronger than XL, but maybe only for 12 hours. That would mix the game up a bit.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Blacksmith

Cool.. I do think the potion has potential but it should be rare..

in no ways should it be stackable as a potion of eternal life..

this is an epic potion after all.. and if it was stackable or available to easily it would make the game very unbalanced.. I do not know how to cap it i do know the potion of eternal life is capped and works quiet well.. and i buy and stack em when I can

as for this potion it only raises the 3 stats of the charecter class you are playing.

mage it would be intel constitution luck
warrior strength cosntitution luck
scout dexterity constituition luck

the bost is to be temprorary none stackable max length of time it is avialable
Can be stacked temporarily with a added 24 hr potion such as add a dexterity potion or con potion at the same time you use it.

it can not be equipped at the same time you use a potion of eternal life
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx
Old 12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Blacksmith

Location: In a galaxy named The Milky Way, and on the only inhabitable planet so called "Earth".

I say it's a great idea.

S1: Inactive

S2: Inactive

S3: Inactive

Founder/Leader of the Killers of Darkness
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Blacksmith

Bumped to make sure this is not forgotten. Just wondering how the Idea of Epic potions is coming along with the new Tower, Maybe now is the time to bring on Epic potions as a possible reward to be included with other drops from the Tower Dungeons

How does one bump their threads with out double posting when no one else has posted on their thread

Last edited by Evail Frog; 06-24-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: zTrying to bump thread with out double posting
Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Blacksmith

Does anyone know if the Game Developers are working on any new potions yet ????
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 AM

The only way we find out what they are working on is when they test it out on one of the German servers until then they are tight lipped on what projects they are working on.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz