Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Stable Boy

Default Inventory/storage

Hello, my suggestion is to make bigger inventory or add somethink like warehouse or storage, because its really big problem in this game only with 5slots... like me, i would like to have 2equipment sets for difficult situacions, but i cant to have even extra armor set in my inventory, because of only 5slots... anyone else think same that this game need somethink like that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsildaN For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-03-2011), ToscanToss (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Sheep

yea its been posted a few times and would be a good add for game but seems they either want to keep it quiet or they dont like the idea
but would be nice to have least enough room to carry your full gear instead of just half
Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Adventurer

Why would you need a keep a full second set of gear on hand? I'm actually asking here with curiosity, I've always made due with 3 pieces, sometimes 4 and only wanted more room to store potions. With that need gone thanks to stackable potions, I'm pretty happy.
Why do you need more than 3 or 4 backpack slots to react to different situations? It's a serious and honest question, not a disdainful or derogatory one.

Last edited by Darstard; 11-02-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added honest part.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
Why would you need a keep a full second set of gear on hand? I'm actually asking here with curiosity, I've always made due with 3 pieces, sometimes 4 and only wanted more room to store potions. With that need gone thanks to stackable potions, I'm pretty happy.
Why do you need more than 3 or 4 backpack slots to react to different situations? It's a serious and honest question, not a disdainful or derogatory one.
thas because my gear now like all items int/con/luck and i want to have second gear full int, but i cant, so i just must choose use or not new one
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Adventurer

Ok, your current build is either all Epics, or a mix of your main stats. Either way that's good. To go with an all +INT build I think may be overkill - you could likely do pretty well with 3 or 4 +INT items to exchange, no? I play a warrior, so when fighting other warriors I do want a high STR, but not at the expense of ALL my CON. I would guess that the same is true for mages, although I can't be certain.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Ok, your current build is either all Epics, or a mix of your main stats. Either way that's good. To go with an all +INT build I think may be overkill - you could likely do pretty well with 3 or 4 +INT items to exchange, no? I play a warrior, so when fighting other warriors I do want a high STR, but not at the expense of ALL my CON. I would guess that the same is true for mages, although I can't be certain.
its good advice, just i have my ways and wishes, just sad its impossible to do, i know its not the serious game, but and here possible to have even 3-4 different sets for difficult situacions,maybe one day they will add some extra slots and this will be nice, if not also not the world end
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Blacksmith

That's a-right Darstard. We just wants the precious (inventory slots), because we wants them.

It adds some variety, interest, more options, room to experiment and grow, play around!...
... hey how cool would that be: playing around with different options - in a game!

So much status quo and resistance to such things in this community, sometimes so dreadfully serious and frowning, so all-out rational and over-analysing.

I know there's some (relatively) serious money involved, but that doesn't make S&F a sombre bank - it's still a game, innit?!

Give the players more options, that's all... Why?! To have fun, that's why!... What better reason than that would you need for a game??...

And just cos those options would be available, it wouldn't mean you purists and minimalist all-rational beings would have to use them!

They'd be there for us, fun-loving, pack-ratting, irrational types to enjoy!

Nothing wrong, nothing so utterly objectionable in that, is there, Darstard?

Like IsildaN said, it wouldn't be the end of the world as we know it, would it?
(OK, so I turned that round a wee bit to suit what I was saying - meh, what can ya do, I'm that irrational... or is that irritating... 'scuse me Dom, have you seen my thesaurus?... )

Last edited by ToscanToss; 11-02-2011 at 05:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToscanToss For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Adventurer

Some games require thinking, Toscan. Dealing with a limited resource of space adds an element of strategy that would be removed completely if the backpack slots were doubled.
So the challenge I've enjoyed, that made things FUN for me should be thrown out so you can have your fun of not having to think? Perhaps in chess it would be more fun to move the pieces any way you wanted to? Going to write to the World Chess Federation about changing that stodgy old game so people can have more FUN are you?
I like some changes. I've supported some and I've even started threads here with ideas of my own. Truth be told, if you re-read my posts, I never didn't like this idea, I only asked why, made some points about what you can currently do to see if he still thought it was necessary OR if I could find a reason to support the idea. THAT's your resistance? What, after a year and a half of playing this game that I quite like, you feel I'm supposed to run around blindly endorsing every idea that gets thrown up in the Suggestions section?

Last edited by Darstard; 11-03-2011 at 08:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
Lord Arse (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Blacksmith

Unhappy Wow.

Last edited by DominicS; 11-03-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Didn't want to receive another "infraction".
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Some games require thinking, Toscan.
Ouch. Wouldn't know, am incapable of that, apparently.

(I thought most conscious human activity required thinking, Darstard. )

Quote:
Dealing with a limited resource of space adds an element of strategy that would be removed completely if the backpack slots were doubled.
So the challenge I've enjoyed, that made things FUN for me should be thrown out so you can have your fun of not having to think?
Space will always be limited. Most things are. Including even human imagination - in some case more so than others. We are incapable of experiencing the truly unlimited, the infinite, as a rule. The human condition.

Be that as it may, perhaps you missed the part in my post that said something like 'optional?'

Let me point it out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
And just cos those options would be available, it wouldn't mean you purists and minimalist all-rational beings would have to use them!
Now how would that prevent you from enjoying your challenge?

How would that strategy element be completely removed by adding options? You decide on your strategy, don't you?

Again: you're not forced to fill the proposed additional slots - you have a strategy and a will - how on earth would the game completely remove those from you?!

And let me turn the table you laid for me on you: just because you enjoy your strategy, we can't even have the option to go a different way from yours?... Wow...

Quote:
Perhaps in chess it would be more fun to move the pieces any way you wanted to? Going to write to the World Chess Federation about changing that stodgy old game so people can have more FUN are you?
I like some changes.
Oh, you've hit on a winner with that sarky comparison. What can I say... I'm burnt. What was the point in that? To say that S&F should remain as unchanged as chess?... I don't get it. I know you don't really want that, so what's the point? Again, you're not forced to use any future option.

Anyway... so you view S&F as the an apt inheritor of a game thousands of years old... A little cousin? Based on a funny little comic...

Quote:
I've supported some and I've even started threads here with ideas of my own. Truth be told, if you re-read my posts, I never I didn't like this idea, I only asked why, [...]
I told you why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
It adds some variety, interest, more options, room to experiment and grow, play around!...
[...]
Give the players more options, that's all... Why?! To have fun, that's why!... What better reason than that would you need for a game??...
Quote:
[...] made some points about what you can currently do to see if he still thought it was necessary OR if I could find a reason to support the idea. THAT's your resistance?
No, this is the resistance, or a shade of it:

Quote:
What, after a year and a half of playing this game that I quite like, you feel I'm supposed to run around blindly endorsing every idea that gets thrown up in the Suggestions section?
No, you needn't support anything, only allow for various options, personal preferences, individual playing styles, people having their own ideas of fun, &c.

Basically, supporting the implemetation of options, supporting individualism, differences, tolerance.

You needn't even embrace those options, only tolerate their possible and future existence. That is all I was suggesting. Because they're options. As in: not obligatory. They won't harm you, or 'remove' your option to play with limited slots.

They wouldn't force you to change your strategy, only allow others to use [I]theirs[/].

Sorry, this isn't 'Chess,' it's Shakes & Fidget.' A game that is being actively developed, a game undergoing constant change. A living game. Growing. Changing, transforming as it grows.

You wanna write the World Federation of Shakes & Fidget, Darstard?
DominicS (11-03-2011)