Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default Mushroom loss (non-lag)

I have seen the other board that was created about this topic. The reason I am creating this one is because I think the other one ended on the conclusion of lag being the factor of loss. I do not believe my brother and myself are losing ours due to this or the other reasons listed in that board.

1.Description of the bug. What did you do before the bug appeared?
We click either a dungeon attempt, arena attempt, or quest. Single click all times.

2.When did the bug appear, meaning time and date?

Anytime of day, any date. I had about 15 or so mushrooms the first time I noticed this. I originally disregarded it. Then I lose 2-3 when I was up to 22 mushrooms (I went down to 20). Similarly, my brother loses shrooms upon SINGULAR clicks. If we lagged and double clicked, it would be different. We are extra meticulous for this reason.

3.Can you reproduce the bug?
Not really, it occurs randomly. If it is lag, it is servers entirely since there is no double clicks or multiple clicks. The players should not be held accountable for vanishing if we do everything correctly...or so I believe.

4.Have you made a screenshot (Print Screen)?
No point in doing so.

5.Browser details. Include the browser type and version (for example: Mozilla 5.2.8); The version of Adobe Flashplayer (click); System details; Internet connectivity and activity; and anything else you feel pertinent to the problem.

Mozilla, v. 3.6 I think. Adobe 9. Internet is 5/5 bars always. It is always on (no standby/sleep).

6.Your In-game name and the server on which the bug appeared.

Faithfulservant and Shadow666000; s2

In summary, the only factor I can think of is the Adobe flash player. It is not the most up-to-date, but I would be curious as to how it could cause a loss of . As posted, we do not lag, double click, or repeat click.

I apologize if this board seems redundant or unnecessary...thank you any and all for taking the time to read it. All feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Stable Boy

Location: I have made a home among the rocks and caves a short distance outside the gates of town.

Firefox, Opera and Chrome you can use this address for more information about your plug-in and browser. IE and Safari I don't know where you get this kind of detailed and easily formatted info.

About browser = about:
About plug-ins = about:plugins

---

Under your description of bug you describe very generally when something happens. . . but you omitted exactly what you are observing. From the title I assume you think you are losing a mushroom, but you should include details about what you observed to cause you to come to that conclusion.

Ex. "I had 210 mushrooms. I clicked on the Arena tab and attacked the player I was matched with by default. After I won the match I only had 204 mushrooms."

Be as specific as possible.

---
What is 5/5 bars? It sounds like a subjective measurement system. Even if you have a low latency connection with packet loss within tolerance to a local quality test server, I believe server 2 is actually on a computer in GUNZENHAUSEN, Germany (http://www.ip2location.com/178.63.47.22) so for speed test to be relavant you need to choose a quality testing server in that area.

---
Are your brother and you sharing accounts? I'm almost certain your not since you should be aware that's against the Terms of Use, but it is possible that your brother is spending mushrooms while you're not playing?

---
Are you playing both accounts from the same computer swap logging in and out of each account? 'Hot Chair" multi-play doesn't seem to be against the rules, but it certainly could have an impact as your client and the server try to resolve conflicts that arise from doing this.

---

Also it's possible that you are clicking the 'skip' button or 'attack now' which are services that cost mushrooms, even if you don't see the price tag attached to them. To my knowlege 'skip' is never a free service so clicking will cost you a mushroom no matter what.

---

Finally, when you do use the premium services like 'skip' the mushrooms a message is sent to the server deducting 1 mushroom from your balance but your display doesn't refresh until after you click the 'okay' button and are returned to the character panel.

Last edited by Abbi; 08-04-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Mushroom Collector

I don't have much to be specific on. When it occurs is random. I just notice one mushroom disappears. As for the bars, here I have wireless with different bars representing connection strength. 5/5 is the maximum here, but I will go to the speed test regardless.

No, we do not share accounts. Zero chance of him spending my mushrooms.
Similarly zero chance of me spending his mushrooms.

We have each individual laptops, both linked to the same connection (our apartment). We occasionally switch laptops yes.

As mentioned, we do not ever click on the 'skip' button. We do however participate in the actual arena, and unless the game disguises the normal "free" once-per-10-minutes as invisible-mushroom-drain. We only do the standard 10min-wait arena fights, 1 hour-dungeon wait fights, and never skip on quests.

Yeah,I understand about the skip quests and 'attack now'....we don't use those. Most of the happenings we do not see. Like say we do dungeon mob fight, mushrooms don't change. Then we go to magic store (items not changed), then click Tavern - instantly notice 1 mushroom has now been gone.

Random depletion in that sense.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Mushroom Collector

To clarify - only "skip" commands we do, is for arena fights already in progress (these should be 0 fee).

Also, dungeon fights rarely, but again, these are only in-combat skips, not "try again" attempts to bypass 1 hr wait period, or 10 min arena bypass. We don't use thirst quest-skips.

Oh,and yeah, we also use a friend's laptop weekly. So overall, we log on and off 3 different laptops. (Never account share, just laptop hop frequently)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Supreme Adventurer

It really depends on how your network is setup. If the system is receiving multiple commands that are registering as the same IP, it is not unusual for it to have resolution issues and automatically deduct mushrooms because it registers a 2 quests going at the same time, so it assumes one was skipped and the next one started. This would cost mushrooms. Insure that the computers in use do not conflict, and update your flash too.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Stable Boy

Location: I have made a home among the rocks and caves a short distance outside the gates of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfulservant View Post
Oh,and yeah, we also use a friend's laptop weekly. So overall, we log on and off 3 different laptops. (Never account share, just laptop hop frequently)
When I close my browser while still logged in, I can open a different computer to connect to the server, then close that one without logging out and the 'token' is still good on the primary browser even days later.

I won't even imply your friend might be spending your mushrooms. . . but when you play on his computer make sure to actually click the log out button and make sure that session is properly ended.

Another item I think might be worth noting is that the game is flash based. It's assets (the pictures, animations, sounds) can be found in the browser cache but Flash has it's own cache that is shared between browsers and on some windows systems eve between users. In theory, it has a per user account cache in windows 7.

The five bars on your wireless router are an indication of signal strength not latency. While poor signal strength will cause high latency, good signal strength does not guarantee low latency. Signal strength is only one of the factors that effects latency. It's also only an indication of the path between your computer and the router, nothing beyond that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (08-04-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Blacksmith

The Mysterious Vanishing mushrooms has been a ongoing problem on servers 1 & 2 for a number of months the only responce I ever got was the one blaming me like it is my fault the mushrooms where being stolen..

They always blame the users instead of finding the real problem & solving it so as to prevent it from happening to any one else..

I suggest you try my method for a Quick & Easy solution what I did was to stop buying mushrooms. try it for yourself then you to will never need to worry about those mysterious mushroom thefts ever again
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx
Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Adventurer

I lost 3 mushrooms in 3 days too.
For my brother, it is worse than me. He lost all of his 25 mushroom in 2 months so he stop playing this game.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Shared connections and public computers are sadly the largest cause of lost mushrooms.
demonwarrior (08-08-2011), Evail Frog (08-09-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I have had the same issue too, and I'm trying to work with the support team to track this issue down. I've lost over 30 mushrooms over the course of the last two weeks where I was providing step by step information of when I lost mushrooms (action, time, behavior observed...), and I still have to hear anything relevant from support...

If anything, I wanted to share with you guys that the problem is very real.

I do hope they will find the problem in their software and that proper compensation will be given to the players that lost mushrooms from this issue.