Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Guaranteed Epics from Toilet Bowl

Hi, I wanted to suggest that the aura bowl give a guaranteed epic when flushed at full capacity.

It takes a long time to fill and that honestly seems to me to be the only tangible reward to the new aura system. Otherwise, I've noticed that occurrence of useful equipable items in the shop have dropped dramatically since the change, despite pumping items into the aura bowl every day since it started.

It's kind of a slap in the face to have lower overall good item occurrence and then not even get anything useful out of aura flushes.
The Following User Says Thank You to newuser For This Useful Post:
Kamahl (09-10-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Adventurer

Aura level: 11
total epics from toilet = 1
that epic was +all..which means it went back into the toilet for being useless

while I dont tihnk they will agree to giving us epics everytime, itd be nice if the % chance went up with each flush or each non-epic returned or something
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
jabroni (08-30-2012)
Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser View Post
Hi, I wanted to suggest that the aura bowl give a guaranteed epic when flushed at full capacity.

It takes a long time to fill and that honestly seems to me to be the only tangible reward to the new aura system. Otherwise, I've noticed that occurrence of useful equipable items in the shop have dropped dramatically since the change, despite pumping items into the aura bowl every day since it started.

It's kind of a slap in the face to have lower overall good item occurrence and then not even get anything useful out of aura flushes.
This realy sucks, I totaly agree with newuser! Way to much time spent filling the toilet, at least you could give an epic every time. Lots of times it will be useless epics as mine today, but at least I have some real money in return for al that flushed items...

I'd suggest just one more thing besides epics from toilet... Thats the Toilet Weekend or sth like that - when U can fill the toilet perhaps 3-4 times/day. I think it would make game much more interesting than it is now.

Sry if someone made this suggestion earlier, cause we were talking 'bout it in the guild...
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Stable Boy

Agree..

Witch means I need 23 days to get what? An item I will sell for 100k gold?
Aura level 11 and I think I didn't see an epic in shops for a really LONG time...

I guess we all want this to be changed...The toilet needs an upgrade...
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Crusader

remember, you also get +4 points to each stat on epics for each aura level. That means that even if you've gotten no epics from the toilet, if you are aura 11 each epic should be 44 points higher than it would otherwise be to each stat.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (09-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Stable Boy

I don't want to be ungrateful but it does not mean much to my 3600 stat..
I still think it needs an upgrade..
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Crusader

not sure how aura affects non-epics, but if you are at aura level 11 and have 10 3-stat epics, that gives you 440 stat points to each of your top 3 over someone with 0 aura, which is huge. Even leaving out luck, that would be 14% more damage and 14% longer life, which is an overall bump of about 30%.

Of course, if you had sold the items that went into the toilet you could have bought additional stat points, but that bids up the cost of stat points, so it's unclear how that factors in.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Stable Boy

Not sure by how much as I haven't kept track; but there is a bonus to non-epics. Besides the stat bonus is worth more than another epic for lots of players. I will say that it would be nice to get one lousy 3-stat epic from a flush.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I haven't received more then 2 epics on any one toon and only 4 of the 10 I play have an epic from the toilet currently equipped I agree that it would be nice if they increased the chance to say 50% but to guarantee an epic I don't agree. Also we should get the new epics in the scrapoobok either the current scrapbook or make a new one something like the loo of epics or the crapper of arcane epics just to keep with the funny names they use for some of the items we get. instead of giving a bonus to exp have it as a bonus to gold.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Gynx (09-16-2012), Morsus (09-11-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Adventurer

The first 9 dungeons each have 10..levels..on the 10th level of each dungeon, you are guaranteed an epic.

The toilet should work with a similar algorithm at the VERY LEAST..in that..at least every 10th flush, you get an epic GUARANTEED.

That said..I think a better algorithm would be something like the chance for an epic goes up 10% with each flush that returns a non-epic.
So you start with 10% maybe. Aura level 2, 20%, Aura level 3, 30%..ASSUMING you dont get an epic. If you get one on Aura level 3, it returns down to 10%, and it builds up again.

This isnt ideal of course. Heck, I'd love it if it was 50% each time or better. But thats at least a somewhat reasonable compromise there.