Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM

yeah my 400 thirst probably is a little low but ppl have to also remember that there was no quest skipping during that time and 400 minutes is 6 hours and 40 minutes of quests and don't include the time to pick your quest any time you spend in the arena attacking dungeons etc.

With that being said I would guess the number players who play clean who could do 400 thirst let alone more would be around 20% at best maybe 40%.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 08-09-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: fix time
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen View Post
I completely disagree. MANY people can get well over 400 thirst in, without cheating, especially now that we have the App.
Not to forget....supposedly...the Oktoberfest was created to FIND the botters.
I'm all for it!!
With the bot detection, I would hope that the support team would do something about all of the bots. This could be helpful, even if it is only for a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
yeah my 400 thirst probably is a little low but ppl have to also remember that there was no quest skipping during that time and 400 minutes is 4 hours and 40 minutes of quests and don't include the time to pick your quest any time you spend in the arena attacking dungeons etc.

With that being said I would guess the number players who play clean who could do 400 thirst let alone more would be around 20% at best maybe 40%.
If they really want to make a lot of money, they could let us skip the quests like we already do. Add in the limitless thirst and those that wish to buy their way to the top, could. It would also mean lots of mushrooms sold, hopefully.

Yes, the amount of time needed in the past was ridiculous, but Playa has supposedly implemented a lot of ways to deal with the above complaints. I say we let them test their precautions and see what happens. Who knows, we may be surprised by seeing some inroads made to clean up the game!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Sheep

The more I think about it, I like Bobo's idea of doing Oktoberfest as a weekend event.
Levels the field a lot more

If Oktoberfest happens, I'll be eating from a crock pot on a regular basis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mallen For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (08-10-2012), iTZKooPA (09-20-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Official statement in german forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO771
Gestern, 19:16

Ich mache hier dann mal zu.
Wir haben intern schon 2-3 Ideechen. Ob wir eine davon umsetzen zeigt die
Zeit.
Wird dann ne Überraschung
-----------------
the head quarter has some (small) ideas, whether there'll be a fest or not and how it will look is going to be a surprise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragorth the Vengeful For This Useful Post:
mallen (08-11-2012), spiny norman (08-11-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Wannabe Griffin

the french forum announced the oktoberfest 2012 today.
my poor french skills are not enough to follow the discussion there, but there are changes made.
What kind of changes there are - it is a surprise or -.- (optimistic or pessimistic)

personal expectation: it starts the saturday the 22th september (opening of the real oktoberfest in munich)
Old 09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Thanks for all the feedback on this topic so far. Keep it constructive and keep it coming.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragorth the Vengeful View Post
the french forum announced the oktoberfest 2012 today.
my poor french skills are not enough to follow the discussion there, but there are changes made.
What kind of changes there are - it is a surprise or -.- (optimistic or pessimistic)

personal expectation: it starts the saturday the 22th september (opening of the real oktoberfest in munich)
I have read the thread in the French forum and there are only speculations.

The only considerations to take into account are the comments made by the Community Manager confirming that the Octoberfest will be made.

As to the date, it redirects to the next page (http://www.oktoberfest-munich.fr/) so hopefully it starts on 22.

Finally says there will be changes, but does not specify which. And references something about "cheese" ( No idea which means)
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Stable Boy

There is an official announcement posted by the same Community Manager in the moderator section of the French site. It doesn't give a date nor any specifics. The link that @Ikema posted was his answer to a question about the date for Octoberfest because no dates were given in his announcement posting.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Mushroom Collector

Oktoberfest was fun and I hope we continue to do it each year.

Yes, people can cheat. People will always find a way to cheat.

No, its not entirely fair. Some people have more opportunity to play than others, etc..

I still think it's fun and it gives the opportunity to shake things up a bit which helps keep the game interesting.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Looks like Epic Craziness Weekend instead of Oktoberfest. Speaking of which, I was reprimanded last year on this forum for using the word "Oktoberfest" instead of "Octoberfest". The reason was because I "did not use english". Oh Moderators!
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Tyrannys Playground (09-21-2012)