Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The guild dungeons have been in the wild for a bit now. Even the high end guilds are seeing their progress slow down. I was wondering what everybody thinks of them. Your responses will help Playa Games decide in what direction to go next, so please voice your constructive opinion.

Here's some starter topics:
  • Are the dungeons too difficult?
  • Do you feel that the rewards are adequate to the challenge?
  • Is the progression too fast, too slow, or just right?
  • Do you enjoy challenges in your games?
  • Did you expect a different battle system for guild dungeons?
  • How do you like the art?

Please let me know the circumstance of your guild (casual, hardcore) and the average level to your best guess of the players.
1. I'm not sure, My guild is relatively new, and we can take the first dungeon already (Assuming my estimates are correct), however we are no where close to being able to afford it. I think the cost of entry might be too high.

2. Increasing bonuses seem like pretty cool rewards, though that is as a guild, on a individual level, not so much.

3. Not done any ourselves yet, but I believe someone else in the thread mentioned that level 200's are stuck around half way? What exactly was the expected progression?

4. Yes, but it must be approachable. There is a fine line between a challenge difficult enough to feel accomplishment when overcoming and an obstacle difficult enough to become frustrating.

5. No that's pretty much exactly what I expected.

6. Good for a lopsided grin.

As for our guild situation, I'd say were fairly casual, though we are spending shrooms. We haven't got policies like mandated donation amounts or level limits.

A question though, whats with the monster class distribution? Its seriously lopsided, can we trade some scouts for more mages?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Supreme Adventurer

The monster class distribution does appear to definitely be lopsided. There definitely appears to be a lot more scouts and warriors at the lower level dungeons. I've been searching around and this is a complaint on all of the servers. However, mages appear to be encountered more with higher level dungeons, so the distribution of the monsters may even out over all by the end. Not sure though, as no server in any country has met the final monster yet.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Iola, it actually is on topic. Monopz has voiced a concern that the guild dungeons are going to result in an elite guild situation. The purpose of my posts was to illustrate how such won't happen, and thus the criticism of the guild dungeons based on that statement is not something to seriously consider. If there is criticism that is valid, then please bring it to the table. If someone feels it isn't valid, then they are free to refute it too. A large part of this thread has been discussions not only what is liked and disliked, but also how to improve the guild dungeons. If there is a complaint that is well founded, then it is definitely something worth looking into.
I really enjoy your theory being based on pre guild dungeon history which is irrelevant to this present time period.

Trust me I can gauge this game a heck of a lot better then most because I also predicted that Legacy would fall once we started to get a lot of people going inactive. I may not have come to the forums and made the claim public but that was because I was actively involved with the guild and you never want to show a sign of weakness.

Legacy held together longer then I thought possible mostly due to myself and Banish trying to prop it up despite it being obviously dead ala Weekend at Bernies.

Back during that time like they said EVERY single guild had the same bonuses. There was no point to leave the guild for another guild based on just numbers alone.

Now you have another reason to leave a guild because they have +2% more exp/gold or more bonuses which your guild can not complete at the moment.

Last edited by Monopz; 11-07-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Truffle Shuffler

REAL is abouve Wd now, but WD has better bonuses.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazan View Post
REAL is abouve Wd now, but WD has better bonuses.
Call me when Zombunny loses the #1 spot :P.

Also a temporary fluctuation of spots has happened before and happens quite a bit.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Supreme Adventurer

WD has actually been falling regularly for a bit now. Just because Zombunny is #1 for now, doesn't mean it won't happen to them too. WD had better bonuses for a while. It is just a matter of the natural progression of roll over.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopz View Post
Call me when Zombunny loses the #1 spot :P.

Also a temporary fluctuation of spots has happened before and happens quite a bit.
I think you over estimate the mercenary nature of many players, there are plenty of people who would not leave their guild just for higher bonuses. A sense of loyalty to your guild and the rest of your friends in said guild.

I've dropped nearly 1k shrooms into my guild, I'd not abandon it for that alone, but even beyond that, its a guild full of friends (new and old), we have grown together, won and lost fights together, and worked towards improving the guild together, now we reach towards a spot in the top 100, and raising the cash for the guild dungeon together.

Don't underestimate the value of a players feeling that his guild is the place he belongs.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Keep the feedback and discussion coming. Love reading it.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Adventurer

So far I like the guild dungeons, the challenge is set just perfectly and escalates fine in my opinion. True my guild has only done 2 to date but we're in no headlong rush, we're still a work in progress after all. ^_^ I'd say we're a pretty casual group, active but casual in our approach to things.

What I really don't like though is that the game won't always show you the dungeon if it's not the last fight you were in. When my guild did the first dungeon we were attacked less then 20 minutes after we initiated the dungeon signup. Most of the members didn't get to see it because of the defence almost litterally on top of the dungeon it took us just over a week to save up for. I know there's suggestions for this in the suggestions forum but we really need to implement something to correct this, it's such a bummer not to see something you can only do (sucessfully) once.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
What I really don't like though is that the game won't always show you the dungeon if it's not the last fight you were in. When my guild did the first dungeon we were attacked less then 20 minutes after we initiated the dungeon signup. Most of the members didn't get to see it because of the defence almost litterally on top of the dungeon it took us just over a week to save up for. I know there's suggestions for this in the suggestions forum but we really need to implement something to correct this, it's such a bummer not to see something you can only do (sucessfully) once.
Guild dungeons happen infrequently, perhaps they could preserve our last dungeon fight and give us the option to re-watch it at any time.

Tags
constructive criticism, feedback, guild dungeons, v1.60