Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Crusader

Default November patch speculation

This was posted recently on facebook:

Quote:
The community is well aware that Playa plays its cards close to its chest. Rarely does the developer talk about a patch before its immediate release. Well, guess what. There's a patch being prepped for November.

A hint for everyone: Look forward to a witch, spells and much more
I'm going to speculate that the witch, at a cost of (too many) mushrooms, will cast a spell on an item and change its attributes, or perhaps transform it to a different item. Any other guesses?

I'm also going to speculate that the patch won't come out in November, but will be delayed until December.

That being said, it's nice to hear that there is new content in the pipeline. Like many level 200+ players I've pretty much hit an equilibrium: there is no one above me in the HOF who I can beat more than 1 time out of 5, it takes me weeks to level even if I quest 300 min/day, it takes over a month to flush the toilet, I'm unlikely to beat a tower level for at least another couple of months, and the next dungeon boss may take another 6 months. Mirror completed. Scrapbook full. Pretty stagnant.

Guild life is also static: attrition balances leveling, so we haven't beaten a dungeon in months. We get raided by guilds way above us and lose 20 honor, we raid people way below us and win 20 honor.

Even the forum has practically died.

so anything to break the monotony, even briefly, would be appreciated.

Last edited by spiny norman; 10-29-2013 at 11:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
G.Hermann (10-31-2013), merton (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Blacksmith

hopefully it will be a good update one that will make things better everyday

they should do what i said a little update every week a big update every 3 month

or make a special thing that you can buy with shrooms every week (dont go mad there is another game that does it and nobody grumbles on that game and it has over 200000 member log in a day and over 1 mil active players
Old 10-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
This was posted recently on facebook:

I'm going to speculate that the witch, at a cost of (too many) mushrooms, will cast a spell on an item and change its attributes, or perhaps transform it to a different item. Any other guesses?

I'm also going to speculate that the patch won't come out in November, but will be delayed until December.

That being said, it's nice to hear that there is new content in the pipeline. Like many level 200+ players I've pretty much hit an equilibrium: there is no one above me in the HOF who I can beat more than 1 time out of 5, it takes me weeks to level even if I quest 300 min/day, it takes over a month to flush the toilet, I'm unlikely to beat a tower level for at least another couple of months, and the next dungeon boss may take another 6 months. Mirror completed. Scrapbook full. Pretty stagnant.

Guild life is also static: attrition balances leveling, so we haven't beaten a dungeon in months. We get raided by guilds way above us and lose 20 honor, we raid people way below us and win 20 honor.

Even the forum has practically died.

so anything to break the monotony, even briefly, would be appreciated.
How about a Witch that allows you to change classes
Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
with or without changing your equipment with you? because if I have to buy a new set, no thanks. Even without, I don't see a big benefit. I suppose it might give you an advantage against a particular dungeon boss.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
with or without changing your equipment with you? because if I have to buy a new set, no thanks. Even without, I don't see a big benefit. I suppose it might give you an advantage against a particular dungeon boss.
Don't forget equipment for your tower brethren. You could customize their equipment with each class change.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
The possibility to change classes has been stricty rejected,
so this will almost certainly not be part of the update.

It wouldn't make sense anyway, due to the item-issue norman mentioned.
Your whole equipment would be useless after switching classes.
It has been stated that the stats of items cannot be changed after their generation,
and I highly doubt people would use such a feature if they had to throw
away their precious epic equipment they bought for hundreds of shrooms.

---

More likely it will be something along the lines of an alternative quest line, or
maybe something to collect (?)

Whatever it's going to be,
Quote:
[...] anything to break the monotony, even briefly, would be appreciated.
[SIGPIC]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6284/psa.gif[/SIGPIC] ← That's me there! Yup, the charred lump of... er... matter. Goo. Whatever. Pretty blocky for a lump of goo, actually... and a little blinky and disappeary, too.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Crusader

I'm still amazed they don't fix the gambler or the mushroom catapult. I suspect neither gets much use. That would be low hanging fruit.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
I'm still amazed they don't fix the gambler or the mushroom catapult. I suspect neither gets much use. That would be low hanging fruit.
Why should they spend time on these things ?

gambler - odds since day of introduction, the one not willing to join the game with them is free to play somewhere else and put the earned $ in the game with 20% discount

catapult: introduced to burn remaining guild instead of an offering that brings something useful for all guilds (non shroomer friendly that found standard bonus already expensive, top guilds bunkering 1000+ from retired chars would have enjoyed an "guild mascot monster" for raids as member 51 - stats from guild + = donations make sense and if in bloodmoon fashion 75 layers without premium, gold wise with events and on it could have the maximum of several player pockets in order to need guild average level to progress the "pet"...)
It should be disabled or modified to be disabled against single player/couples/small family guilds as they are simply punished for playing with not enough dummy targets ...

Yes Playa may be earning with these features, but honestly it is not playable content and I'd love to see something the puts weekly to monthly in the level 300+ domain instead of half year/year.

The knowledge (thanks to Don Zeus @ s5.de), that tower layer 86 is a mage - high level weapon, the very same insane stats as the warriors and sporting 60 million health point gives 0 odds without 100% very high equip and luck in your favor concerning crits.

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer
Old 11-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragorth the Vengeful View Post
Why should they spend time on these things ?
Because people would spend more mushrooms using them if they were functional, and as I said, it would appear to be low hanging fruit. The catapult, for example, could be modified so that it didn't typically fire all 3 mushrooms against the first 5 or so opponents. Or so you could use it in guild dungeon raids. Every time 3 mushrooms are loaded Playa makes 50 cents or more. It adds up.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I dont play in US server(im from PT), but i have the same feeling about the lost of activity because of the lack of updates/motivation.
They should do more updates. Even if they are tiny things that make litle diference, lots of tiny thing yould make a shakes and fidget more playable. Updates 6 in 6 months are not enough.

I see in diferent countries top players quiting the game because of lack of thing to do. In my country, recently we lost more than 10 lvl 300 players including the 1st/2nd best :/

Lets hope this update is more than changing the stats of equips

Best regards and sorry about my english :p