Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Default Forum Members List bug

I was just searching through the Members List and found a few bugs.

When you go to the Members List and sort by post count, there are members missing. As an example, bobo baggins was missing. According to the user's profile, they have 531 posts as of me posting this. You will see from the attached picture, they are not mentioned at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobo1.jpg (18.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

not sure if it is related but whenever i edit a post it is not included in my post count.. should be 53 shows 29
Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I dug around a bit and found 3 things. All banned users are removed from the Members List. All formerly banned users seem to be split between being listed or not listed. Custom title users such as bobo baggins are not listed. To me, this indicates a change in permissions that may be wiping out more than I have listed. This is just what I saw when browsing casually.

Why does this matter? This matters because it effects the ability of users to communicate with each other, including the staff. If someone wishes to PM bobo baggins, for example, then they can not do so without finding one of his/her posts or going to where the name is listed, clicking on it, and then going to the User Profile. If bobo baggins were listed on the Members List, then the name could be searched for, found, and easily contacted. As it stands now, to send a message to a person not listed on the Members List is an exercise that requires knowledge of how the forums work and a familiarity with the hidden commands that are not listed in the help section.

DeadMeat, editing a post does not make a new one, therefore your post count won't change. Also, some sections such as the games section are not included in the count.
DeadMeat (01-03-2012)