Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > News Section > Support & Community

Notices

Support & Community Official announcements concerning support & community

Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Default Holy FAQ! (Write A FAQ Contest - Win Mushrooms!)

Ever wished that there was a FAQ for your class? How about a general FAQ made just for new players that would explain all the features and commands that populate this fun and funny browser game? Ever wonder whose head that was behind Fidget? Well, now is your chance to answer all of those questions...except for maybe that last one. I don't think anyone is sure whose head that is/was.

Contest
Each person may submit one FAQ for each category (Warrior/Mage/Scout/Guild/New Player). Then the players will vote for the most informative, easiest to understand, and best organized FAQ. Those with false information will not be passed through to voting.

Entries may be posted here with discussions about the contest to take place here. Please use the Title field to list which category you are entering, and you have until the end of October 15, 2011 (EST) to polish your entry(s).

$$$ Prizes $$$
The winners in each category will win 100 mushrooms and they get their FAQ turned into a forum-wide sticky and placed on the News Blog. You will find your post moved to every forum that it could possibly relate to, so cover everything and have some fun.

Some hints:
Some of the requests that led to this contest involved folks asking what buttons to click and where to find them.

Take a look through the forums and link to threads or just quote the posts you need. There is a lot of information on here, just not well organized. You will still have to write to tie it together though.

Edit your post as you see stuff you like in another FAQ or thread, so that your entry is as great as can be.

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-14-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: insert links to discussion and entries
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Bilbo (09-15-2011), Gdark (09-15-2011), Volkan Jaby (09-17-2011), WebsteR (09-15-2011)
Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Entries have been closed. Please give us a couple days to go through the entries and set up a poll if it is needed. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (10-16-2011), WebsteR (10-16-2011)
Old 10-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Supreme Adventurer

After a bit of discussion, the contest winners have been determined. None of the entries contained 0 errors in information. However, they shall be fixed and used, so all entrants with content will receive mushrooms for their hard work. If you entered into the contest with content, please contact me by Private Message (PM) here on the forums, with the server and account name you would like to receive the prize. I will then pass that information on, so support can add your mushrooms. Thank you.

Keep an eye out for the new FAQ threads too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (10-19-2011), WebsteR (10-19-2011)