Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default International Day of Action for Cryptids

An initiative of the
People for the Ethical Treatment of Cryptids (PETC)
Executive Committee

Stop the violence!
Stop the genocide!
You too can make a difference!

The Executive Committee of PETC hereby declares today to be the
First Annual International Day of Action for Cryptids

We call upon leaders, officers, and members of so-called "adventuring" guilds, as well as independent "adventurers", to abandon their genocidal practices, and to join us in the struggle to preserve and protect all cryptid populations worldwide.

For too long have cryptid individuals been vilified as "monsters" fit only for slaughter and destruction. Too often have they been denied the basic rights and dignities due to all thinking, feeling peoples. It is time for all caring citizens everywhere to rise up and in one voice declare, "Enough is enough!".

Throughout the day, PETC branches around the world will be engaging in strategic consciousness-raising activities, designed to confront cryptid abusers and rights violators in non-violent, passive resistance. These include:
  • Barricades of dungeon entrances.
  • Community awareness campaigns at public arenas.
  • Sit-in demonstrations at taverns, stables, and weapon shops known to be frequented by so-called "adventurers".
  • Public debates in guild halls around the world.
  • Mail campaigns targeting leaders of guilds with especially extensive records of anti-cryptid brutality.
  • Relocation of vulnerable cryptid populations to yet-unexplored habitats ("dungeons").
Did you know?
  • Until late last century, the races of dwarves, gnomes, goblins, orcs, demons and elves (both light and dark) were all considered to be "monsters"?
  • Every day, approximately 100000 cryptids on average are senselessly slaughtered by self-styled "adventurers" worldwide?
  • ...and that this amounts to a rate of more than one murder every second?
  • One "adventurer" in the space of one year can single-handedly account for the total destruction of entire cryptid habitats?
  • At the current rate of decline, almost 10% of all cryptid species are expected to become extinct within 3 years or less?
How you can help:
  • Join your local PETC association.
  • Participate in PETC conservation and education programs.
  • Tell your friends, family members, work associates about PETC and its efforts.
  • Donate freely to PETC fundraising campaigns.
For more information on how you can help, contact your local PETC representative. You can also contact the PETC Executive Committee directly at:
Tyomek
PETC Executive Committee Chairman
Leader of PETC Guild Cognitive Dissonance
There is no excuse for cryptid abuse!

Last edited by Tyomek; 04-01-2011 at 12:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyomek For This Useful Post:
Vyllyn (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Stable Boy

Location: I have made a home among the rocks and caves a short distance outside the gates of town.

I frequent the tavern and drink heavily. I try to find time to spend at home but must accept work to support my drinking habit. There is always some stranger at the tavern, normally sitting right in the middle of everything who needs something done.

I was thinking about the way the mysterious forces of the world work when I accept these quests. I spent a long time traveling to the most remote locations to take care of what ever these strangers need and arrive to find a single creature waiting for me. I'm normally to drunk to know if they are hostile or not but they never take long to deal with.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Always just one creature? Never two or three? Never just arrive, pick up the valuables and leave? Always at the end of a journey and never in the middle or on the way back?

I hope the PETC is able to help work some of this out with their relocation of these annoying, yet profitable encounters. Relocation to a centralized facility will make them much easier to 'manage' and I believe enrich everyone's life.

Good Luck, Tyomek.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
Darstard (04-01-2011), Tyomek (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Blacksmith

You guys are nothin but a bunch'a bleeding heart orc lovers. Just so ya know...ya better get crackin cause I'm out there whackin.

~Vyllyn~
Member: PTAC (People for the Total Annihilation of Cryptids)

Last edited by Vyllyn; 04-01-2011 at 05:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vyllyn For This Useful Post:
Tyomek (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyllyn View Post
...cause I'm out there whackin.

~Vyllyn~

zips lips
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
Vyllyn (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thank you all very much for your expressions of support for the cause of equal rights and justice for cryptids.

In order to help supporters of cryptid rights find local organizations to which they can contribute, I invite all leaders of guilds in sympathy with the ideals of PETC to declare their support. If you are the leader of such a guild, please post a link to your guild information in this thread. (My own PETC-affiliated guild is Cognitive Dissonance.)

Tyomek
PETC Executive Committee Chairman
Leader of PETC Guild Cognitive Dissonance
Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Angry

This is really embarrassing. I let my brother babysit Tyomek for the weekend, and he goes and pulls this on me. Needless to say, this won't be happening again.

Look - I hope you all realized this is just April 1 bulls**t. No-one in their right mind could take any of it seriously. But if any of you were offended in any way by this, I'm really sorry. As for my brother, you can be damn sure that I'll be paying him back bigtime for this.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to delete a post?

(P.P.S. To Bullbound: the post I wanted to delete was an accidental second posting of this message (don't know how it happened). I tried to make the best of the situation by editing the second post into the question that received your infraction notice...)

Last edited by Tyomek; 04-02-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Please use the Edit buton instead of double posting
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyomek For This Useful Post:
Vyllyn (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Blacksmith

You can have an admin delete the thread.

I actually found this antic to be quite humorous. Your brother must be quite the prankster.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyllyn View Post
You can have an admin delete the thread.

I actually found this antic to be quite humorous. Your brother must be quite the prankster.
There is something I need to say about all this. The sort of reaction that I had expected after my previous post is captured pretty well by my guildmate Misskatie's reply (as sent in-game):
LIES IT WAS THE WHOLE PLAN ALL ALONG!
lol

MK <3
When planning this April Fool "event" I didn't realize that the accusation of identity theft would appear to be so plausible, even to other members of my own guild (although clearly I should have known better). It was never my intention that any of this was to believed, and so I feel I must correct it now before it gets out of hand. After all, as S&F players we have the obligation to treat our fellow players with consideration and respect, even if we can do whatever we damn well please to the cryptids.

T.

Last edited by Tyomek; 04-03-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Location: The Smiley Shop located at that castle right behind you. ;)

This totally made me laugh out loud today! So in the end, it was really you?

I wonder if a guild could actually pull this off, "protecting" cryptids and promoting non-violence. If not high in the ranks, at least it would be well-known.

Edit: I just realized this is a kinda old thread. But it was the first thing I saw when I logged on :P

Last edited by Kookie; 06-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
This totally made me laugh out loud today! So in the end, it was really you?

I wonder if a guild could actually pull this off, "protecting" cryptids and promoting non-violence. If not high in the ranks, at least it would be well-known.

Edit: I just realized this is a kinda old thread. But it was the first thing I saw when I logged on :P
Mea maxima culpa. Glad you liked it though.

Pulling this off? I don't think so. Yesterday I came across the baby elephant during a quest. Felt so bad, but there was nothing I could do about it.

T.